Calendar Poodle SAL

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Special Stuff

Hi friends! I hope your Christmas was wonderful? Ours was, despite Brian and I still trying to get rid of this cold that came directly after the flu. I did go to the doctor on Christmas Eve morning and get antibiotics. I have a sinus infection.

Here is my favorite Christmas present this year. It is from Brian. ♥
He gave this to me now, because we draw names on my side of the family. And he drew mine. We probably will not give gifts again on Orthodox Christmas. I think that will be a celebration of Jesus' birth alone. And that is great!

Look at what I received in the mail yesterday from our sweet friend Annette.
What a pretty card and gorgeous fabric! I love it Annette. I do! Thank you my friend. :)

Brian bought me this lovely Christmas bouquet.
My in-laws gave me this most exotic poinsettia.
Oh yes! I did finally make up my mother's  present into a flatfold. I always use Vonna's technique. Here is the link to this freebie pattern.
(It appears misaligned in these two pictures. I assure you it is not)
My mother loves it! If you recall, that is supposed to be her kitten, Sweetie, up on top of the pile there.  Honestly, it is a bit frightening how Crazy Cat Lady my mom has become. I thought I knew what people meant by that phrase. Now I really do!

Okay! Who has seen The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies?!?! We saw it yesterday! So good! Also, so hard to believe it is over. Going to these movies every year as a family has been great. We went with my BIL yesterday. He is home from Cambridge. He is getting his Masters in Divinity there.

I picked up the needle once again last night on Theotokos. I took a five day break from stitching, due to Christmas and being ill. I think I may have told you, but when Theotokos is completed and framed, I will give it to Father and his family. It will not be for Orthodox Christmas as I had wanted. They do not know I am making this, so it will be a fine gift whenever I end up giving it.

Thank you for stopping by today friends. Have a lovely weekend!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

23 comments:

Giovanna said...

What a great flatfold you made, well done. Love all the gifts too. Glad you had a good Christmas, we did too :-)

Margaret said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas despite being sick. Glad you got antibiotics from the doctor. Love the finish for your mom. Love that poodle ornament! Hope you are feeling back to normal.

Chris said...

So sorry to hear that you have had a sinus infection after the flu. It stinks to be sick over the holidays!
What lovely gifts! The poodle ornament is fabulous.
You did a wonderful job on the flat fold finish for your Mom!
I hope that you are feeling great soon!

Melody said...

Your cat pile finish turned out great! I'm sure your Mom loved it. That is too bad about your sinus infection, but I am glad you got medicine for it.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Lovely gifts. The flatfold is adorable. I hope you feel better soon. Have a blessed and happy new year.

marly said...

You finished the flatfold beautifully. Hope you all feel much better soon.

Annette-California said...

Beautiful flat fold for your mom. Your newest Poodle ornament is so pretty & pink. What gorgeous flowers! Hope you feel better soon Vickie! Hugs, love Annette

gracie said...

Your finish is wonderful and your gift from Brian lovely. Hope you both will feel better soon.

Lumiruusu said...

The flatfold with the pile of Kitties was just adorable and your finishing was just perfect ! The poodle Christmas Ornament is very cute !!I hope you will reciver soon from your iilness. I have been poorly the whole Christmas time I have the chronical bronchitis annd I am again on antibiotics. Still I celebrate the Birth of Jesus my Saviour in my heart!

Emma/Itzy said...

Glad to hear you had a lovely Christmas!

I am hoping to see the Hobbit as an early birthday present this week :)

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Lovely gifts Vickie. Hope you are getting better each day.
We saw half of the Hobbit 3. The sound equipment broke down just as Bilbo met up with Thranduir et al,so about half way through. All of us watching in screen 2 were very disappointed.
Hubby and I are going to try again next week,I was too unwell to go back before Christmas Day. Got free tickets from the management of the cinema and a refund on our original tickets.Still very disappointing though.

Julie said...

Your flatfold looks beautiful. A gorgeous poinsettia plant.
I hope the meds are working and you are improving xxx

Jacqueline Morris said...

I do hope your feeling a little better now.. ((Hugs))

Oooh love your flat folding stitch, never seen or done one of those! Noted!!
Oooh pretty gifts and prettier plants too :)
I hope you had a lovely Christmas with plenty of smiles :)
Xx

Stitching Noni said...

Merry Christmas (even if it is a bit belated!)
I love the kitty gift you made - it is lovely and the fabric on the flat fold is so pretty :o)
All the best for 2015!
Hugs xx

Clare-Aimetu said...

A lovely Christmas - your gift is beautiful, as is your flat fold. Season's greetings x x

Brigitte said...

A nice gift from Brian - and of course it's your favourite gift, lol. I also love the flatfold you made for your mother.

I hope that you will soon get rid of the flu and cold and recover completely.

Maggee said...

Hope the antibiotics are helping get rid of the sinus infection! Miss Olivia ran a fever through Christmas, so we changed plans. But thanks to Face Time on our phones, we still spent Christmas 'together'. Your plants are lovely! And that poodle ornament is too cute! Big Hugs!

Kaisievic said...

So sorry that you have been ill, my dear. I hope that you are both better soon. Love the flatfold and I bet your Mum loves it, too!

Annie said...

Just no fun to be sick during the holidays. Hope you guys are feeling better.

What a perfect poodle gift for you. I'm sure you will treasure it.

Your Mom's flatfold came out great. Cameras always seem to have a mind of their own, don't they!

Hope you have a healthy, happy, stitchy 2015!

Carol said...

I had no idea there were so many poodle things out there in the world until I began reading your blog, Vickie :) The latest gift is so sweet!

Love the kitty flatfold and the unusual poinsettia is quite striking... Glad you had a lovely day on the 25th, Vickie--sure hope you are all better very soon.

Happy New Year!

Angela said...

Love your flatfold finish! Happy New Year :)

Ruth said...

I do so love the Christmas poodle! She's perfectly adorable..... almost as adorable as your pile of kitties.

Have yourself a happy New Year!

Beth said...

Hope you are feeling better. Love your pink poodle ornament and what a great flat-fold - congrats!