Calendar Poodle SAL

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Gifts

Hi friends! Almost all of our snow has melted here.  I am nowhere near ready for Christmas either. Gotta get motivated!!

I received a lovely Christmas present from Jacquie. Just take a look! I let out a squeal. I did!
I love the precious poodle buttons. :) And do you recognize the stitched card from our friend Jacquie's blog?! I do! ;) Thank you again Jacquie!

I finished the needlepoint border for Theotokos half a week ago.
Last night I began working inside the border. I had taken a break for two days to stitch up this birthday gift for a friend.
Ha! Yes, that is the only peek you will be getting for now. I must do the finishing on it now. As you can see, I used some of Nancy's lovely threads for this project.

I also finally finished reading The Living God volume 2, another catechism book we were gifted from our Deacon. It took me so long, because, well, catechism can be dry reading. But I learned many things and I hope to retain them all. I do not know about you, but as I am getting older, it sure is harder to retain information I learn!

The boys have finished with their final exams. They will find out how they did shortly. Madeleine has her exams for high school this week. She is rather jealous that the guys have off for over a month now. ;)

Well I am off to read a few of your blogs now. Then Henry and I will go for another visit at the local nursing home this morning. He will be wearing his Christmas bow tie. =)

Thank you for stopping by. I am glad so many of you enjoyed my story on my Advent Blog Hop post. I appreciate your comments, but most of all your friendship. ♥

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

22 comments:

Margaret said...

You're doing great on Theotokos! Love the present from Jacquie! My DS has his finals this coming week and won't be home till this coming Friday. But he has a month off too. Yay!!

gracie said...

You are making progress on Theotokos... nice gift from Jacquie.

Caitlin D said...

Such cute little poodles! Beautiful work on Theotokos!

butterfly said...

Lovely gift from Jacquie, and your stitching is looking wonderful hugs.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What sweet gifts :)
You know I agree (totally) about Catechism being a little dry reading! Ha ha...our priest gifted the parish with a subscription to Symbolon...you ought to check it out...fabulous stuff!

marly said...

Poodle buttons! It's not just you. I've had trouble retaining information for years. Glad to hear I'm not alone. Too bad I won't remember that.

Annette-California said...

Lovely gifts from Jacquie. The poodle buttons are soooo cute. Your Theotokos is remarkable - I can't believe you finished the border. IT's stunning.
Awe sweet Henry spreading his Christmas cheer!! love Annette

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Your stitching is coming along so nicely. Oh that was so sweet of your friend! ((hugs)) and blessings to you always sweet friend.

Melanie said...

Happy holidays, you! *mwah*

Christina said...

What a lovely gift you received. Nice progress on your stitching.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

The border on Theotokas is simply gorgeous,I love the pattern and colours.
The poodle buttons are so sweet,hope we'll be seeing them in the future on a... well it will have to be a poodle finish;) The card that came with your gifts is very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Hello Vickie

Theotokas is looking fabulous!
Love those little poodle buttons from Jacqui.
I hope little Henry will cheer many up today x

Annie said...

Great gifts. Those poodle buttons were just crying out to be sent your way!

moreofhim said...

What a wonderful give of poodles you received!! Loving seeing all the things you're working on, even if it is just a small peek. :)

Blessings - Julie

Lumiruusu said...

Well done again with the Theotokos ..it really is a labour of love! And yes,yes,yes you have received lovely gifts andI wish you enjoy them.. :)

Maggee said...

Love the icon project--it's going to be wonderful-- of course! I can't believe Jacquie found POODLE buttons! Absolutely amazing! Til later...Hugs!

Lillie said...

Lovely gift received.

Mii Stitch said...

How cute must Henry be with a little bow tie :)
Lovely update on the stitching a perfect poodle gift for you!

Angela said...

A lovely gift :) Great progress on your BAP too!

Julie said...

A lovely gift from Jacqui, how special they were made just for you.
Your stitching looks wonderful.

Brigitte said...

Enjoy your thoughtful gift from Jacquie. Oh my, how sweet these poodle buttons are, you must be over the moon.
Great progress on your Theodokos piece.

Krista said...

Lovely stitching on the border! Lots of sweet poodles too! Merry Christmas!