Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, October 13, 2023

Valentine Stitching

 Hi friends! 🐩💐This sweet, little embroidered pin cushion was created by me from my vintage 1950's pillowcase. 

It finally wore out and the cotton split. I could not bear to throw the embroidered poodle out, so I cut that part out and made this little pillow, stuffed with wood shavings, and backed with fabric from my stash.

🗝️💖Key to My Heart & ❌⭕❌⭕Hugs & Kisses from Love Notes by Brenda Gervais.

 I stitched both of these two over two with the called for 3865, but changed the red to 816 on 28ct pink evenweave from my stash, backed with a pale pink with white polka dot fabric from my stash. These pillows are stuffed with wood shavings. (Our son is a carpenter.) I finished them as Brenda suggests in the pattern, but using the red ribbon I had on hand from my stash. The keys were in my stash too. Can you tell I really want to use up my stash??😂

The winner of the Pumpkin Spice Farm chart is: Cathy! 

Cathy I have emailed you. Once I have your postal address, I will send your chart. 😁

Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world Philippians 2:14-15

I am working on stitching for Christmas for my friends right now. 🤫

Have a super weekend my friends! I will be back soon with more fun things to show you. 
Stitching and praying,
Vickie






10 comments:

marly said...

I've made several items from the pillowcase ends. Your creation is perfect! Size and subject!

Stasi said...

Your pincushions are so sweet! I too love to stitch from stash...and it's not hard with all I've accumulated! LOL

diamondc said...

Oh my goodness Vickie: What a beautiful idea to save the pillow pillowcase and make a small pillow, so sweet.
Your stitched pillows are beautiful.
Congratulations to Cathy on winning the pattern.
I too am stitching for Christmas.

Hugs
Catherine

MartinaM said...

You've found an ingenious solution for your pillow, and so the embroidery now lives on as a small pillow.
The other two also have a nice finish with the red ribbon.
I wish you a nice weekend
Martina

butterfly said...

Such a lovely post , love the pillows all so sweet.
Have a lovely weekend hugs June.

Marilyn said...

What a great idea, that little pillow is so cute, as are your other stitches.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on turning your tattered pillowcase into a small pillow, Vickie! Your other two Valentine pillows are darling. Happy Saturday!

Carol said...

I'm so glad you were able to save that precious poodle and turn it into something so cute, Vickie! Love the Valentine's stitches as well. I have that chart and really need to stitch some of those cuties for next year. Enjoy your weekend ♥

Manuela said...

I like the little pillow with the poodle. It is so cute.
Beautiful your two Valentine stitching finishes.
Enjoy the Sunday, Manuela

Lee said...

Darling pin cushion!