Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, September 14, 2023

The Finishing Has Begun

 Hi friends! We are halfway into September and I have yet to share with you my September displays!!

🏫September Cubby Shelf Display 🏫 Almost every one of these are stitched over one.

🏫🍎🏫🍎🏫🍎🏫🍎🏫🍎🏫

🍂🍄September Corner Shelf Display🍄🍂
I continue to stitch up monthly BBD stockings. 🍁Autumn's Bounty🍁from October Harvest by Blackbird Designs. 
I stitched this one over two on 36 count cream linen with the called for DMC. I am afraid the overcast day I took the picture does not help show the neutral print fabric on the back, that I also lined the stocking with.
🍁🐿️🍁🐿️🍁🐿️🍁🐿️🍁🐿️🍁
I stitched Spring Green by Blackbird Designs to commemorate the trip Brian and I took last month to Country Sampler in Spring Green. 🤩 
Instead of stitching mine on the called for 36ct fabric, I stitched mine over one on 25ct Vintage Butter Pecan evenweave. I used most of the called for DMC, plus the called for WDW Baked Apple, but mine is much darker than the one Barb stitched with! 
I also replaced the WDW Sand with VMSS 1795 Sampler Pink. 💗 I backed it with Moda from my stash. 
I tea dyed this antique rick rack I bought at an antique mall a few years ago. 
I never opened the package until finishing day. First of all, I am thinking Wright no longer has that guarantee?? 
And secondly, check out the offer for fabric scraps.
💗🐦💗🐦💗🐦💗🐦💗🐦💗
I am continuing to work through my finishing pile. I am almost there! I will share more finishes with you next time. Including Emerson's Christmas ornament. I cannot share that on Instagram, as he follows me there. 😉

Have you begun Christmas stitching yet? Today is our local stitch club meetup day. I am taking along Jacob and Kristen's ornament to stitch on. I will most likely not get far. Too much chatting. Ha!

Surely He has borne our griefs

And carried our sorrows;

Yet we esteemed Him stricken,

Smitten by God, and afflicted.

But He was wounded for our transgressions,

He was bruised for our iniquities;

The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,

And by His stripes we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray;

We have turned, every one, to his own way;

And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.  Isaiah 53:4-6

I hope you have a wonderful day my friends! Take care. Thank you for stopping by. And thank you for your sweet comments. If you leave a comment, be sure to leave your email address so I can reply to you.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie




8 comments:

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
wonderful decoration on your shelf and your cornershelf.
I like the little stocking very much.
Your newest finish, the little pillow is so amazing. All the little tiny stitches. I love it.
Have a nice meeting with your stitch group and a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Manuela

Marilyn said...

Cute cubby, & very pretty finishes.
Oh, the days of 15cent Ric-Rac!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Your September displays are lovely, Vickie. Well done on your stocking and Spring Green finishes! I'm guessing Wright's guarantee is no longer. Hope you had a good time at your stitch group. Doesn't it bring you joy? I know when I attend one, it makes for a happy heart. Hmmm, I am finished with all my Christmas stitching for 2023. Happy Friday!

marly said...

Love that stocking! I've never stitched one and have been seeing lots of various designs and sizes finished. Tempting!

MartinaM said...

How beautifully you have already decorated for fall, I won't do that until next week.
I really like your autumn stocking with the leaves.
And I love the little Blackbird design.
I hope you had a nice meeting with your friends.
Enjoy your weekend,
Best wishes, Martina

Ele said...

Love your autumn decorations, so pretty.
What a fantastic piece of history you have in that Ric-Rac pack, the offer for fabric scraps to use for dolls' clothes is just marvellous.
Have a most enjoyable weekend
love

Stasi said...

Your September displays are lovely, as usual.

Astrids dragon said...

September's cubby and shelf look beautiful, as usual!
Your stocking is so sweet, I love the fall colours.
The Spring Green looks great, I like how it's so bright.