Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, September 25, 2023

Emerson

 Hi friends!  I want to share with you the Christmas ornament I have made for Emerson this year. 

This is a free pattern I found while searching for carpenter cross stitch.🔨 Unfortunately I did not save the site. I altered the pattern a little. He was wearing a hat. Emerson does not. I stitched this two over two with DMC on 32ct mystery linen. I bought the wood pattern material from JoAnn. The twine, ribbon, and nails (ha!) are all from stash.🧰 I thought the nails hot glued in place of a bow, made it a bit more "manly".💪 I am rather pleased with this finish. 

The winner of the pattern, 🐄Statehood Splendor Series 41st Wisconsin🧀by Thread Milk Designs, is:
Marilyn!
Marilyn, the pattern is on it's way to you!💗
I have a small pile of pieces that need to be finished now. I really, really prefer stitching to finishing! I force myself to finish though. I do not want pieces lingering in a drawer somewhere. I will finish the one I am working on now and then tomorrow I will start finish work. On at least one. HA!

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.  1John 4:18

Thank you for your lovely comments my friends. They are the only thing keeping this old blog of mine going.

I do hope you have a wonderful week. Happy Stitching! Till next time.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





11 comments:

Stasi said...

That appears perfect for Emerson!

marly said...

Great finish, such detail! Do I remember another for him that was framed with a wood measure? So creative and personal.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Aaah such a sweet stitch. It is adorable.

Marilyn said...

Emerson's ornament is great, love the added nails for trim.
Thank you for the Statehood pattern Vickie!
I hope Flossie is doing well.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

What a darling ornament for Emerson, Vickie! So perfect for him! Can't wait to see what you finish next!

Carol said...

Such a perfect little ornament for Emerson, Vickie! Your use of the nails instead of a bow it so creative. He'll love it!

Astrids dragon said...

What a fantastic finish! I love the added nails, they definitely make it more manly. He should love it!
I have a pile/box full of things to finish, but if I'm not in the right "frame" of mind, it's not going to happen.

MartinaM said...

A great finish for Emmerson, you did it very well.
Enjoy the rest of September
Martina

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
a great finsh. The little carpenter is very cute.
Have a nice day, Manuela

Ele said...

It's so cute!! The perfect ornament for a carpenter. And the nails are a clever touch. Well done Vickie!
Have a lovely weekend

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: The design is adorable; I really like the finish of the ornament.
Beautiful Scripture as always.
I am looking forward to seeing all your stitched items constructed.

Hugs
Catherine