Calendar Poodle SAL

Tuesday, November 23, 2021

December Swirls

 Hi friends! I have a finish to share with you. ❄️December Swirls by Bent Creek❄️

I stitched this two over two with DMC on 32ct lambswool linen. I changed half the colors on this one. While halfway through stitching this one, I realized something. This house! It looks almost exactly like the house I stayed in the first semester of college. I rented the upper room from a couple in Madison, Wisconsin. They subleased it to me. It was a horrible experience. Me and my dachshund lived up there. The upstairs was just our bedroom. It was SO cold in winter, the windows iced over. I am NOT talking about frost. 🥶 The man, was an assistant professor at Madison. He would smoke pot before he went in to teach! They grew marijuana there in the house! I never knew any of this of course. I also never knew their cats had fleas! They just told me to pick them off of my dog, who of course got them, and feed them to their fish in the fish tank. I found a new place to live at the end of the semester, and got the heck out!!! I have very mixed feelings about this piece! I am finished with this series now however! 🤪🥴😵

I stitched a free Thanksgiving pattern. I hope to get it made into a pillow before Thanksgiving. I am now stitching an ornament for my exchange partner in my stitching group. We are still meeting up through Zoom. We have to take a picture of our finishes and mail them out so that our partners receive them before our next Zoom meeting on December 15th. I will easily have that done. I leave nothing to chance however. You never know what can happen. This is why I am starting now with plenty of time to spare.












📚🕵️God Rest Ye , Royal Gentlemen, A Royal Spyness Mystery by Rhys Bowen Georgie and Darcy are newly married and this will be their first Christmas. They go to spend it with Darcy's batty Aunt Ermintrude in a house on the Sandringham estate. The Queen wants to see Georgie. Georgie is thirty-fourth in line to the throne. Georgie soon learns that the notorious Mrs. Simpson, mistress to the Prince of Wales, will also be in attendance at the house party. The Queen expects her to do a bit of spying. There have also been a couple of strange accidents at the estate recently. I can think of several of my friends who would thoroughly enjoy this book and this series. This series follows the Royal family in history. It stays true to the events that happened to the Royals. And also Wallis Simpson. This book begins with 1935. I strongly suggest you begin with the first book: Her Royal Spyness, 2007. I have enjoyed every single one of the books in the series. Then again, I have said it before, I love every single one of Rhys Bowen's books! I have read them all and have loved them all! 😁
Perhaps you saw on the news the tragedy during the Christmas parade in Waukesha?  That is very near our home. It is in our county. Six people were killed. Sixty-two people were injured. Our Jacob, a pediatric nurse at Children's Hospital, was working when the children came in. He works on the trauma/ surgery floor. 18 children went to Children's. 9 children remain in intensive care. Devastatingly, an 8 year old boy, died from brain injuries. His brother survived his major injuries. This attack on innocent people is just so very, very wrong. While we gather with our families for Thanksgiving, remember to pray for these people. There are many, many, many people affected here.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

I hope to be back before Thanksgiving to share my finish. Thank you for stopping by. I hope you have a nice day! We plan to go to the Zoo tomorrow as a family.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie




12 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely winter house .
But not a good place to live .

Good job you found another place to live.

Manuela said...

A lovely finish.
A terrible place to live. Nice that you have found another room to live.
Yes, I heard from the horrible news in your neighberhood in our news.
I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs, Manuela

Marilyn said...

It's cute design, but what a horrible experience!
We use to live about a mile from where the parade was.
The death toll has now raised to 6, an innocent 8 year old boy has died, and now 62 injured. It's so sad.
This guy has an extensive background with the law, makes you wonder how he was even on the street for what he's done in the past.
Some people think the $5billion bail is too high!
Marilyn

Mary said...

Your apt sounds like a nightmare, it's a shame this cute ornament reminds you of it!
I can't even begin to imagine the pain and horror of how many people are affected by the act of one person. Dozens of families will never be the same. And, I'm sure it will have a lasting impact on your son of seeing so many innocent children injured.
Take care and I wish you a Blessed Thanksgiving.

Robin in Virginia said...

Super finish, Vickie! Enjoy your outing to the Zoo. Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

What a way to start your college experience

Carol said...

Your apartment sounds a lot like our first one as husband and wife. It was so cold that we actually had rivulets of ice running down the inside wall above our bed! Not the best way to start our married life--ha ha! Didn't last long there, but at least we didn't have to deal with fleas or pot growers like you did :)

Your finish is so cute! Happy Thanksgiving--so glad you will be with family this year ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The little house is one of my favourites from the series but I can see why it brings back some strange memories!
Your son is doing an incredible job caring for those children, I knew there had been an incident but none of the details.

Sweet Sue said...

Sending love, wishing you and family a Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy! xo

Barb said...

Wow! That does not sound like a fun place to live!! My thoughts and prayers are with all of you near that horrible tragedy!!Especially the families who have lost a loved one!

MartinaM said...

A wonderful December motif.
Oh dear, you didn't have the best experiences in this small apartment.
Oh dear, how awful, I pray for you and the families who lost their children.
Take good care of yourself.
Martina

Astrids dragon said...

A very sweet finish, but understandable that you have issues with it! At least it's in the past and you have a story to tell, it's quite a doozy.
I had no idea that was so close to your home, how awful. And for Jacob to be in the middle of it, I'm sure that's something he'll never forget. Prayers for all involved.