Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, November 12, 2021

🦃🦃🦃

 Hi friends! I am still stitching on Madeleine's Christmas ornament whenever she is away at work, so that is slow going. I do have this finish to share.

🦃Happy Thanksgiving Snappers Holiday by Bent Creek 🦃 

Stitched one over two on 36ct Toasted Coconut by Tree of Life Samplings Linen. I changed several colors. I stitched this with DMC and WDW. 

I filled the corners with fiberfill and stuffed the rest with wood shavings. This is my new favorite way to fill my little pillows. As long as I line the front and back with interfacing! I have learned the hard way that wood shavings will work their way through the fabric.

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Since we have gotten our boosters, AND AUNTIE KATHY IS ALMOST COMPLETLY DONE WITH HER CHEMO PILL TREATMENT!!, we are going to my Mom's house for Thanksgiving Day! 😁 We have not been going to Mom's at all for months because of Auntie Kathy. She is doing well, thanks be to God! I will bring the sweet potatoes🍠 and mashed potatoes 🥔to Mom's. Are you cooking the entire meal or just a dish?

A sound heart is life to the body, But envy is rottenness to the bones.  Proverbs 14:30

I hope and pray you are well my friends. Have a great week! Thank you for your sweet comments.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





14 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching Vickie .
Enjoy your dinner with your family.

MartinaM said...

I love your thanksgiving finish. It's perfect.
I wish you a lot of fun with your family and good health for all of you
Martina

Marilyn said...

It's cute, colorful Turkey.
need to pull mine out & stitch it!
I am making the whole meal, BIL & SIL are coming over.
Great news about Kathy!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your Bent Creek Turkey, Vickie! We are going to my parents' house. We always bring the pies (and they were ordered from Yoder's on Monday). I am sorry happy to hear that your Aunt Kathy is doing well and is almost finished with her chemo pill treatment.

Carol said...

That is such a cute turkey finish, Vickie! I always line my pillows (both front and back with light interfacing... really think it makes a difference in the look of the pillow :) Glad you'll be able to get together on Thanksgiving and I'm happy to hear your aunt is doing so well. There will be a lot of happy families at Thanksgiving this year.

Georgia said...

Oh Vickie, I love your turkey, he is adorable, and I love the way you finished it too. I am glad your Aunt Kathy is doing well, and it will be fun to gather at your mother's home. I am making scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole and a desert (I haven't completely decided on) We are going to my daughter's home and she will make the turkey and she always makes something good to go with it. It will be good to get together. May you and yours have a blessed Thanksgiving)

Barb said...

That little turkey is so cute!! So glad to hear your aunt is doing well. It will be a happy Thanksgiving for all. I will be having the dinner here and probably doing most of the cooking.

marly said...

Good news about your aunt! We're not doing anything for Thanksgiving, may go visit Carole. But our sweet potato pie and Jim's green beans will be made regardless.

Manuela said...

A lovely Thanksgiving finish. I like the little pillow.
It will be a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.
Have a nice Weekend. Manuela

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: It is good to hear Kathy is doing better, I hope she continues to heal.
Beautiful turkey and perfect finish.
Thank-you for the tip on filling the corners with fiberfill.

Happy Thanksgiving
Catherine

Mary said...

I just love your finishing on your sweet turkey! Glad to hear your will be celbrating with family and your Aunt Kathy is done with chemo. I will keep her in my prayer. Great tip on the filling!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is good news about your Aunt. The little turkey pillow is so sweet too.
Not sure when Thanksgiving is, but next weekend is my Mum's Birthday and the one after is the school Christmas Fayre so that is two weekends to look forward to!

Vicki said...

Cute finish! So glad to hear your Aunt is doing well. We do a potluck Thanksgiving. I'm taking cheesy biscuits and a pie this year. We're fortunate in that most years we eat outside and this year will be no exception. I love the crowd at Thanksgiving, one of my favorite holidays.

Astrids dragon said...

Finally catching up on blog reading, so here I am!
I love this finish, it's perfect!