Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, October 22, 2021

Folklore

 Hi friends! I now have two Christmas ornaments completely done. Hooray for me! 

🖤❤️💛 This pattern is from Zweigart's pattern booklet No. 273, entitled "Folklore". Our son Emerson has been diligently studying the German language for a year now. He had a trip to Germany with his high school friends planned just weeks ago. The pandemic cancelled that for him.😌 The second picture shows the backing fabric I used.🎄 

I stitched this one over two on 40ct mystery linen with DMC.

I am stitching Madeleine's Christmas ornament, but only when she is gone at work, so it is slow going. During the day, I am finally back to stitching my Autumn piece, as the WDW flosses finally arrived from 123stitch. 

Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord!  Psalm 24:17

Our stitch group met via Zoom on Wednesday night. Not the same as being together at all, but better than nothing. We are doing a Christmas ornament exchange. 😁 This will be my first time doing one of those. I picked out what I am doing. I had one ornament planned, but after our Zoom meeting, I got to know my exchange partner a bit better. I picked an ornament that is more "her" I do believe. Something I am hoping my exchange partner does for me?? Like a big PINK Christmas poodle?! 🐩💗 This is why I am trying to push and stay organized with the Christmas stitching! It seems like I am ahead, but we all know how that goes. Time has a funny way of slipping on you at this time of the year!!

I thank you for stopping by today my friends! I do hope you have a lovely weekend. Thank you so much for your encouragement and wonderful comments. They mean so very much to me.

Stitching and praying, 

Vickie





9 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely ornament you have stitched for your son, Vickie! Glad you were able to Zoom with your stitch group. Enjoy your day and the weekend!

diamondc said...

Vickie: What a beautiful design and finish, i so like the backing fabric.
I am looking forward to seeing the next ornament and the Autumn piece.

Catherine

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love the ornament for your son! He's going to love it too.

My EGA guild has met via zoom or had a zoom option since the beginning of the pandemic. It's been wonderful! The added benefit is that we have a lot of away members that now attend every month that we would not be able to see otherwise. It's been great!

Barb said...

What a wonderful ornament you have stitched for your son! You are way ahead of me as far as Christmas stitching is concerned!

butterfly said...

Love your sons ornament .
I need to get a move on with my Christmas stitching .
Have a lovely weekend . hugs June.

Manuela said...

A very cute ornament.
I hope your son can travel to Germany, perhabs next year.
Happy Stitching Weekend, Manuela

Vicki said...

Cute ornament!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a great ornament for your son, I do hope he can manage to get to Germany at some point.

The Zoom sounds fun, I wonder how long you last when you meet a new person before saying the words "pink" or "poodles"! Anyone who reads your blog will be well aware of your loves!

Astrids dragon said...

What a sweet ornament, something my Momma would like too! I hope he gets to go sometime in the near future, it's a beautiful place to visit.
Exchanges are fun, I try to choose something I know the recipient would like, but sometimes it's hard when you don't have much info. You'd be an easy one!