Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, October 29, 2021

Automne

 Hi friends! This is the autumn piece I was working on.🍂🍁🍃

"Automne" by Agnès of caielle-cadiera.com She has many free patterns available if you sign up for her free newsletter on her website. I love this clever pattern. I had to drop the "e" off the end and make the green "o" leaf taller so it would look like a "u", so it would spell autumn instead of automne. The fabrics I used are from my stash, that is why they are not a perfect match. Also because the lighting was off. They are actually a little closer to the leaf colors. 😉 I am really trying to use up stash whenever possible. This was stitched with the called for DMC one over one on 26ct vintage butter pecan evenweave. 💛🧡💚❤️

I just finished stitching Jacob and Kristen's ornament. I need to work on the final finishing this weekend. I still stitch Madeleine's ornament whenever she is at work.

Do you have any good books to recommend to me? I am always looking for MORE. Ha!

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.  2Timothy 3:16-17

I hope you have a stitchtastic weekend dear friends! Thank you for your lovely comments. You keep me going. 😘

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





10 comments:

Stasi said...

Fun little stitch...love the spool pin!

Mary said...

Love fall ornaments and this is nice! I get you on using up stash! Do you just want books on tape or hard copies?

butterfly said...

Wonder Autumn stitch , enjoy your weekend hugs .

Barb said...

Your little piece is very clever! My group has chosen to read the Rose Code but I haven't started it yet so I will let you know what I think as I get into it.

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your Autumn finish, Vickie! Have you read The Fifth Avenue Story Society by Rachel Hauck? I just finished reading it and would recommend it. Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: This is an adorable fall pillow, I really like the pins in the corner.
I am reading: She wrote In Silk, parts are based on true events, it has had me crying, a little.

Catherine

Manuela said...

A lovely little autumn pillow. I like your change.
Have a nice stitching weekend. Manuela

Carol said...

This is very sweet, Vickie--you always do a great job of searching out the free designs that are out there. I'm listening to a cute one now--will let you know if I end up liking it :)

Astrids dragon said...

A perfect finish and it looks lovely as autumn. The colours you had in your stash look great!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a lovely little pillow, very clever way to spell out Autumn.
I'm not sure we share the same taste in books! I'm currently reading The Wolf Den by Elodie Harper about the lives of slaves in Pompeii's brothels. I also enjoy some of the current trend for retellings of Roman and Greek myths and legends. Circe by Madeline Miller was excellent.