Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, June 7, 2021

Birthday

 Hi friends! Yesterday was my birthday. We celebrated with family at my Mom's. I have fallen behind in sharing my cards and gifts from friends on the blog. These all arrived last week.

🎀 This perfectly pink birthday card came all the way from Germany from dear our friend Martina 

Thank you Martina for remembering my birthday❣️ I love this beautiful pink card and pink bird❣️ 💗

🥳 And look what I got from our friend Carol 

Thank you so very much dear Carol❣️ I truly LOVE this pattern❣️ I am so glad to own it now so I can stitch it for the cornershelf. 😁 And did you notice the wonderful PINK 🐩 card Carol made me? 🤩


📚 The Sanatorium is for you if you like murder mysteries. Great detective story under extreme circumstances and investigated by a detective on sick leave. Lots of twists and turns and misdirection. Truly had me guessing almost until the end. (And I did not want to put it down. Great treadmill material!🏃‍♀️) Guests are trapped in a new hotel in the Swiss Alps due to an avalanche then the murders start occurring. The epilogue was very intriguing, I assume there's more to come featuring the main character.

I am working on two things! I am creating a pillow out of the stitched piece I was gifted by Manuela AND I designed a patriotic poodle piece!! 🐩💖🤍💙 I REALLY  hope it turns out as cute as I envision it!

I had my cortisone shots. He gave me two. One at L1, one at L2. He said they can take up to 7 days to give relief. They are helping somewhat. I do not feel complete absence of pain(yet).

“All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.” Psalm 139:16

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Such an outpouring of love from so many of you, my dear sweet friends. I appreciate every single one of your birthday wishes filled with love for me. 💕💕💕

I hope and pray you have a wonderful week my friends!  Thank you for stopping by and saying hi!

Stitching and praying,

Vickie






14 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds like a wonderful birthday, Vickie! So glad you got to be with your mom and family for your big day this year. Enjoy your gifts and I do hope those shots kick in quickly ♥

Vicki said...

Happy Birthday, Vickie!!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Happy Birthday, enjoy your gifts and have a great week. hugs Lynda

Shami Immanuel said...

Happy Birthday. Lovely gifts you have got from your friends.

butterfly said...

Happy Birthday my sweet friend ,I hope my card gets to you soon the post here is getting slower.
Lovely gifts and cards from friends , have a fab week.

diamondc said...

Happy Birthday Vickie: What wonderful gifts you received.
There truly is kindness in the Blog World.

Catherine

Marilyn said...

Happy belated Birthday Vickie!
Hope you had a wonderful day.
Marilyn

MartinaM said...

How nice that you could celebrate your birthday with your family. And I'm glad that you like my card and that it arrived on time.
Enjoy your week, Martina

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday, dear Vickie. I am glad that you were able to get your shots. Praying they bring you relief from your pain.

Manuela said...

Beautiful cards and gifts arrived.
Hope the two shots help.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Barb said...

I am so sorry that I missed your birthday! I hope it was a great one. I have been in Ohio visiting my dear sister! I can't miss the opportunity to wish that my dear book friend had a great birthday!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So glad that you had a good Birthday!

The best gift would be for those injections to work well, so let's keep our fingers crossed for that!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I just spotted that the poodle is called Miss Mabel!

Astrids dragon said...

What a difference a year makes and being able to spend time with family, especially birthdays! More lovely gifts, it looks like you had a great birthday.
Hopefully by now the shots have worked?