Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, July 17, 2020

Flowers of the Month

Hi friends! Here are my latest finishes.
💮Flowers of the Month: July & August by praiseworthystitches 💮 Both of these patterns are from the current issue of JCS. 💖🤍💙The July pattern, on the left, is my favorite one so far this year!🥰Since I stitched them for my cubby shelf, I stitched mine one over one on 25ct linen, so I had to leave off the over one word at the bottom. I also skipped the border. I used DMC .

I am stitching Madeleine's birthday gift during the day while she is at work.😉 Once she comes home and at night, I work on sewing curtains for my Auntie Kathy. She is moving in with my Mom and brothers. I had several yards of lilac colored Kona cotton fabric. I am sewing tailored curtains and embroidering a lily of the valley pattern with my sewing machine along the hem. This weekend our whole family is busy helping Auntie Kathy. Emerson, our carpenter son is building a ramp to the backdoor. Brian will assist him and also help Madeleine paint Auntie Kathy's bedroom.

I hope and pray you all have a very good weekend! Thank you for stopping by.🥰

“Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” —Philippians 4:8

Stitching and praying,
Vickie



16 comments:

diamondc said...

Vickie: They are both beautiful, I am looking forward to seeing them in your shelf.
Henry looks so sweet, how do you not just pick him up and cuddle all day.

Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

Both your floral stitches are so pretty, Vickie. It sounds like the weekend will be a busy one for you and your family. I bet the curtains are turning out lovely. Thinking of you and stay cool!

Barb said...

I hope this means you are feeling better! Your stitched pieces are so pretty! I try to avoid any over one so good for you! I hope the weekend is good and you all get things done! The curtains sound so pretty!

butterfly said...

Love your floral stitching .
Enjoy your weekend .

Manuela said...

Wonderful stitching for your cubby shelf.
Have a nice weekend.

Marilyn said...

The flower series is so pretty.
Have a nice weekend!
Marilyn

Donna G. said...

Cute additions for your cubby shelf!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love this series! Maybe I will stitch them myself. I saw some 56 count fabric which would mean I could still stitch the month. Over one in 56 count? No problem!

Vicki said...

Love the vibrant colors in both of these finishes!

Angela Tucker said...

You always find such sweet patterns. Love the July flowers. Hope all went well with the move and your aunt is settling in. The curtains are a very thoughtful gift. Stay safe.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

That's a pretty flower series. I hope you got everything done that you wanted at the weekend.

Margaret said...

I'm in love with your finishes. They are so pretty! It's great that the family is helping with your Aunt Kathy's move. Family is so important, isn't it? And thanks for the picture of Henry. I always love to see his sweet face. Hope you are all doing well!

Mary said...

I love your new cubby stitches. I am looking forward to seeing what you are stitching for Madeline. I think it is wonderful that your family is all participating and helping your Aunt Kathy's move. It's fun to take on a project like that together too, that's what families are for, to help each other. Hope your staying cool!!

Astrids dragon said...

Both look perfect for the summer, I really like July too.
Aren't you sneaky stitching while Madeleine is away from home?! I've had to do that before too.
How lovely that getting your Auntie Kathy moved in is a family effort, I'm sure it will look great for her when you're done.

Willy said...

Hej Vickie, lovely floral stitches . Have a nice weekend!

Lili said...

So sweet flowers, Vickie!