Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, April 20, 2018

🐰

Hi friends! I am stitching away on the May wreath for my cubby shelf. I will have a picture to share with you next time.

I have a link to a sweet, free chart to share with you. CLICK HERE FOR THE CHART

This is an old pattern, but a sweet, quick stitch.🤗
During my recovery I listened to Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly. Have any of you read this book? Wow! I highly recommend this book! I could not put it down. I had never heard of the Ravensbrück Rabbits before in my life. If you would like to know more information about the Ravensbrück Rabbits CLICK HERE Please be warned that this site contains graphic material from World War II. It is not pretty, but it is all true and it all happened.
New York socialite Caroline Ferriday has her hands full with her post at the French consulate and a new love on the horizon. But Caroline’s world is forever changed when Hitler’s army invades Poland in September 1939—and then sets its sights on France.

An ocean away from Caroline, Kasia Kuzmerick, a Polish teenager, senses her carefree youth disappearing as she is drawn deeper into her role as courier for the underground resistance movement. In a tense atmosphere of watchful eyes and suspecting neighbors, one false move can have dire consequences.

For the ambitious young German doctor, Herta Oberheuser, an ad for a government medical position seems her ticket out of a desolate life. Once hired, though, she finds herself trapped in a male-dominated realm of Nazi secrets and power.

The lives of these three women are set on a collision course when the unthinkable happens and Kasia is sent to Ravensbrück, the notorious Nazi concentration camp for women. Their stories cross continents—from New York to Paris, Germany, and Poland—as Caroline and Kasia strive to bring justice to those whom history has forgotten.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, stitchtastic weekend my friends! I thank you for stopping by. Your comments encourage me and brighten my day. Thank you!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

16 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, thank you for the book recommendation and the friendship heart complimentary design link! I hope you have a fabulous weekend that is filled with rest and stitches.

Vicki said...

Thanks for sharing the freebie. I went to her site and downloaded another one of her freebies, too. You sound good, hope you'e feeling great!

Halland House Gifts said...

What a sweet chart, Vickie. So glad you are back to stitching.

gracie said...

thank you for the sweet freebie and the book recommendation. Looking forward to the new cubbie stitching!

Manuela said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful pattern and the link.
I wish you a happy stitching weekend.
Hugs, Manuela

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Thank you for the chart link. Hope you have an awesome weekend sweet friend. Blessings always

Julie said...

A sweet freebie.
Thanks for the book recommendation.
xx

Kaisievic said...

Hi Vickie, thanks for both the link to the freebie (and the blog) and also for the book review - I have downloaded it already. Oh, the inhumanity of Man!

marly said...

Oh my. There is much many of us, especially the youths, do not know pertaining to that regime. As horrific and disturbing and gut wrenching as the truth is, we should.

Margaret said...

I have Lilac Girls on my to read list. Good to know you enjoyed it. Hope you are doing well!

Barb said...

We do have the same taste in books. I loved that one too. I am now reading We Were the Lucky Ones. It is a WW2 story based on real events. So far, it is a great read but hard at times when you know this really happened to a family. Hope you continue to feel better all the time.

MartinaM said...

Hi Vickie,
Thank you for sharing this wonderful pattern, these to hearts are great.
Have a sunny stitching weekend,
Hugs Martina

butterfly said...

Thanks for the free chart so sweet , have a lovely weekend .

Brigitte said...

Thanks for the link to the freebie. It's just lovely. Now I just need the time to stitch it, lol.
Looking forward to seeing your May wreath.

moreofhim said...

Really cute pattern! Thanks for sharing. The book you listened to sounds really good - I'll definitely check it out. I like listening to old radio shows while I stitch and I always listen to one episode as I'm going to sleep. Our library has audio books and I'm going to see if they have this one you recommend. Praying that the Lord will continue to heal you each day and for each day to be less painful!

Blessings - Julie

Carol said...

One of the most intense and gripping books that I've read... Painful to read at times, but we must not forget! I found it so interesting that parts of it were based on true characters, too.

Hope you are feeling better each day, Vickie! ♥♥♥