Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, December 6, 2013

I Did It! I DID IT! I DID IT!!!

Hi friends! I got it done! WHOOO HOOO! Take a look at these babies!
Yep! One. Two. Three. All three made it into the stockings for this morning, St. Nick's. We give the kids an ornament each year in their stockings. Not all are made by me. Each year the ornament has something to do with that year. Well we got Henry this year.♥ They have one for each of the dogs we have had.
I stitched each one of these on the same mystery light green 30 count linen. They are all OVER ONE. whew! That takes quite a while I must say. Especially when it is secret stitching and must be hidden a lot! But they were all surprised and happy. And yes, Jacob is 19, Emerson is 17 and Madeleine 15. So what?! My mom still gives us all St. Nick's stockings and I am 44!! I am NOT complaining. This is a tradition I plan to keep on with.♥ My mom has not given me ornaments. I just thought  that would be a real neat tradition for our children. And it is!! =)
I decided to add the date and a paw print on the backs. =) Look at that copper wire and some of the beads glow in the light. Neat! I decided to use the border and finishing instructions from monsterbubbles, Day One, found in the Just Cross Stitch Christmas Ornaments 2009 Issue.

A little inside story....... Henry's name before we renamed him when he came to us was Copper. The monsterbubbles ornament has 26 gauge copper wire used as the hanger.  ;)

Thank you all of my friends for your wonderful encouragement! You told me I could accomplish this on time! You were right! =)

I received this lovely Christmas card and Christmas tea from Michelle a while ago. Brian, Madeleine and I will be having the tea today. I made us wait until December. ;)
I may just finish up my Mary's Sampler today. We will see. I have so very little Christmas decorations in place. Those Henry ornaments have been all I have been doing. I need to get us ready for Christmas! Always something right?!

I have thanked God for you today friends! ♥

Stitching and praying,
Vickie


41 comments:

Giovanna said...

Those look really precious - the beaded borders are such a perfect touch. Well done.

Mii Stitch said...

3 lovely finishes :) Very well done!

KimM said...

How absolutely DARLING - and the finishes are so sweet.

Mary said...

Oh Vickie, your Henry ornaments are precious! I love the beaded edge and how it catches the light.
Every detail is perfect and shows the love you have for your kids (and Henry) Well Done~

I'm decorating too, so not much stitching is happening here :(
The calendar is moving faster than I can keep up!

Shirlee said...

Congratulations on finishing the ornaments my friend! They look great! The little paw print on the back was a stroke of genius : ) That looks like mighty yummy tea!

Unknown said...

Amazing! The beads around are almost the same as the frame! :D I am pretty sure they will love! There is no age for traditions!
I wish you a blessed weekend!
XOXO, Isa.

Shirley said...

Good Morning Vickie, Your ornaments are awesome and I knew you could do it. We all can if we set our mind to it. I loved Henry's coat in the previous post. You are right about the elderly. So many don't have any visitors at all. They do love seeing their dogs. One brought a cat to see one of the patients yesterday. She was in a wheelchair recovering from a car wreck with many, many, broken bones. Have a wonderful day and stay warm. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

gracie said...

They look great

Solstitches said...

Your ornaments are adorable Vickie.
That was quite some undertaking to stitch three!
You have finished them beautifully.
Margaret

Hazel said...

Wow! I love them. I love the beaded edge. I started the tradition of making ornies for my kids but missed a couple of years. Must get a couple done this year. x

Lumiruusu said...

Your ornaments look very pretty ,I really like the beads and the wire as a hanger.You really made great job with these treasures!! :)

butterfly said...

Oh Vickie I love them well done , they are beautiful the kids will love them. What a lovely thing to do each year, hugs.

Melissa said...

Fantastic! What a wonderful gift for each of your children! The work is just beautiful!

Jane said...

Well done Vickie, they are adorable and beautifully finished, I'm sure they will be treasured always.
I love that your Mom still gives you a St. Nick stocking, who cares about age, we are all children at heart and I get just as excited as my kids on the Big Day.
Hugs to Mabel and Henry xxx

Annie said...

So cute with beaded edges and paw print seal on the back! Perfect keepsakes.

Brigitte said...

Oh yes, you did it. And these ornaments are so cool. Beuatifully stitched and finished.

Simply Victoria said...

Darling little ornaments and the back is perfect! Your children will have a great collection of ornaments to start their own trees some day.
How are you feeling?

Margaret said...

The ornies are wonderful! So perfect -- and appropriate too! lol about the copper wire. :D I agree - the kids are never too old for this wonderful tradition of your family's. Just think of all the special ornaments they will have from you when they have families of their own.

Carol said...

Aww...triple Henrys!! So, so nicely finished, Vickie--and the little pawprint and date are a special touch... My kids are a lot older than yours and I still give them annual ornaments--they look forward to them so much on Christmas morning :)

Katie said...

Love the borders on the ornaments!!

Katie said...

Love the borders on the ornaments!!

♥ Nia said...

All so cute!! Such a sweet idea =)

Maggee said...

They are really cute Vickie! Your kids will appreciate them, I'm sure! Ya done good! :) Hugs!

Karen said...

How cute! Love the bead details as well as the copper hanger. Perfect for this design!

happy stitching...

Beth said...

Love how your bead repeat the border...way cool.

Catherine said...

Yay! They look fantastic!! Love the beads around the border.

moreofhim said...

Vickie - These are absolutely gorgeous! I know your children will treasure them forever!

Blessings - Julie

Varla Lee said...

Oh my gosh Vickie!! They look cute and sweet!! Your babies will be so happy this Xtsmas!! ^_^ Well, well done dear!!

New York State Of Mind said...

You do beautiful work. I love the decorations with Henry on them. I haven't started my decorating for Christmas yet either. Hugs to Mabel and Henry from,
Pierre and Marilyn

Michelle said...

Beautiful finishes my friend x

Karol R Johns said...

Those are adorable! What a lovely tradition. Enjoy your tea!

Unknown said...

beautiful your ornament !
Pat

Anne said...

Wonderful little ornaments Vickie! I would be pleased to get one if I was your kid :D I can imagine how long it would take to stitch those 1 over 1 and secretly too!! Prayers and hugs to you my friend

Andrea said...

Beautiful finishes. Love the paw print. :) Cute.

Unknown said...

Such a sweet finish! Love them!

Julie said...

So adorable!

Cindy's Stitching said...

so cute. really nice job. Merry christmas

Annette-California said...

Henry ornaments turned out Beautiful Vickie. What a wonderful tradition and your children have not just a ornament but something hand made by you - priceless. love Annette

Trace4J said...

Just beautiful.
Love those beads.
Woolie Hugs

Emma/Itzy said...

These are so lovely, well done on getting them finished!

Melanie said...

Those might be the most darling thing ever. So adorable. Good job!!!!!! I love them. :)