Calendar Poodle SAL

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Gifties

Hi friends! Hope all is well with you? It is VERY cold and very white here.  I did finish my Mary's Sampler last week. I have been searching for a 5x5 frame for weeks. =( Cannot find one suitable. I will keep searching.
One over two on 40ct Sandstone linen
I received this lovely package from Annette quite a while ago.
I finally opened it last night. Just look at the lovely pattern with flosses Annette got me. I have never had a pattern by Ellen Chester. So nice! And that adorable, little needlebook. Oh my! Such attention to detail. Fantastic! Thank you Annette. I love my gifts. ♥
 
I also received these gifts from June.
I have been so very fortunate enough to receive one of these sweet bookmark calenders from June before. Love them! Thank you June!

Here is another gift that I received from Chris. I had admired this pattern on her blog many times. She gifted me not only with the pattern, but also the linen. Thanks Chris!
Take a look at the surprises I received from sweet Maggee.

Wonderful linen and pink fabrics that I am absolutely going to use up! I am loving the sweet card she sent. See the precious pup looking in on Jesus too? =)

Not ready for Christmas yet. Working on it still. I decided to make things a little simpler this year. We used our 4 foot white Christmas tree this year as our primary tree. I told the kids to put just their dog ornaments on it. That's it! A Dog Christmas Tree. Why not? Easy, simple and fun. =)
All of the above have been made by me in previous years. This one below was stitched by Madeleine about 4 years ago. It was finished by me.
That's it for today friends. I am off to finish two more gifts. Gotta bake cookies soon. =)

Stitching and praying,
Vickie


31 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Beautiful finish on Mary's Sampler ;) And I really love your puppy tree!

Shirlee said...

The sampler looks great Vickie! So many nice gifts you have received!

Julie said...

Your samplers turned out a treat, beautiful.
Lots of lovely gifts send to you, how special.

Mii Stitch said...

Great finish on the sampler. I hope you find a frame soon. Love all the goodies you've received in the snail mail!

Annie said...

Your sampler looks lovely -- perfect stitching.

And what nice stitchy friends you have to send you such lovely things.

How cute to have tree devoted to the dogs!

Unknown said...

Mary's sample is so cute but omg, 40ct linen? I don't know much about linen but I suppose 40 is way too small! You did an awesome job with this tiny weaven linen! congrats!
The gifts you receive are also super cool! :D Congrats one more time my friend!

Annette-California said...

Beautiful finish on Mary's Sampler. Oh how sweet your tree is - love all the poodle ornaments you've made. Great way to see them all together:) You are most welcome Vickie, and such wonderful gifts received from June, Chris and Maggee.
love Annette

Michelle said...

Marys Sampler looks stunning - what stunning gifts you have received xx

Emma/Itzy said...

Your stitching is lovely, and the tree with all the ornaments looks great too!

So many nice gifts too, you are very lucky :)

Giovanna said...

Lovely finish on Mary's Sampler, congrats! And wonderful gifts from your friends, good for you :-)

gracie said...

Your sampler is beautiful, well done. All your projects look great...

Karen said...

Love your finish.... looks a lot like Christmas at your home too!

Great gifts... happy stitching.

Margaret said...

I love seeing all the dog ornies! They are wonderful! As is your Mary finish. Gorgeous! Lovely gifts too!

Simply Victoria said...

I'm still on the lookout for a frame for Mary too. Nice gifts! Stay warm! It is going to really bitter tonight.

Carol said...

Love that dog tree, Vickie--we are simplifying our decorating this year, too...

Mary's Sampler is so pretty--I know I'll stitch that myself one of these days... And your friends sent such great gifts--enjoy :)

Maggee said...

Love Mary's Sampler--it turned out so nice! And LOVE the doggie tree!! How adorable!!! Hugs!

Varla Lee said...

Awwww!! How sweet your xtsmas tree!! And all your gifs are wonderful!!

Patty C. said...

Love Mary's Sampler !!!

Michelle said...

Such a cute sampler finish and I love your doggie-themed Christmas tree! Some wonderful gifts received!

Chris said...

What lovely things that have showed up in your mailbox.Your tree looks great! Look at all the snow outside! Wow!
Your sampler finish looks great, I hope that you find the perfect size frame.
Have you started your holiday baking?
Hugs!

Catherine said...

Very sweet gifts!! And such a sweet tree! The cold is here too ~ I don 't mind cold, but this is a bit much!! The teens is way too below normal for me!

Sally said...

Your Mary's Sampler is beautiful Vickie. I have to finish mine yet.

Beautiful gifts and lovely ornaments on your tree :)

New York State Of Mind said...

Really love Mary's sampler. IT is beautiful. You have many nice friends to send you all those gifts. Of course, I love the dog Christmas Tree, too.

Marilyn and Pierre

Brigitte said...

Great finish of the PSS SAL piece. I hope you will find a frame for it that you really love.
That's a cute tree, a doggy tree. Very impressive with all the nice dog ornaments.

Magiczny Świat Krzyżyków said...

Really love Mary's sampler. It is very beautiful.

butterfly said...

Lovely post Vickie, love your stitching, your white tree looks lovely.
And great gifts from friends.
Are you ready for Christmas , I am ready now . Looking forward to seeing family and friends this coming week, hugs.

Anne said...

Beautiful finish Vickie! It'll look perfect framed. Wonderful gifts from friends. (you might have another one coming..wink wink :D ) Love your tree with all the poodle ornaments! Hugs and prayers

Beth said...

What a pretty stitch - Mary's Sampler - the colors are wonderful. Love all your doggie ornaments too.

Faith... said...

Your Mary's Sampler looks great! Congrats on your finish.

Myra said...

Your sampler looks great. If you have a Hobby Lobby near, try looking there in the photo section. I have found a few smaller square frames there.

All of your gifts are lovely and you are going to love stitching Penny. :o)

♥ Nia said...

Beautiful stitching :) and lovely gifts! Lucky you ;)
Hope you'll find the frame you need!!