Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, May 7, 2012

Flowers, some chocolate and some not :)

Hey everybody!
How are you this evening?  I am feeling fine, only because I am ON PERCOCET!!  Yes, again.  Whatever!
See this pretty yellow rose?


My husband surprised me with it this morning just because.♥  He is very good that way.  I get flowers very often actually.  Roses seem to be the favorite.  Yellow always reminds us of the first flowers he gave me.  I was sixteen, he was seventeen.  I had my tonsils taken out and he came to visit me in the hospital.  This was when you still stayed over night for this.  We were only friends at this point still. :)  Anyways he brought me a small arrangement of yellow roses.♥

Look what I found in the chocolate garden this evening.  The first iris.  This one is a standard dwarf bearded iris.  It is called Chocolate Swirl.  I love it.

Chocolate Swirl

So, I have been planting a bit more, but mainly reading Threadbare.  It is a good book thus far.

Went to my mother's yesterday for our Mother's Day celebration.  She loved the heart I stitched up for her. :)

Jacob and his date had a very nice prom.  They enjoyed themselves.  He is not asking her to be his girlfriend, and he is my son who does not expand upon explanations. :)

Hello new followers.  I am glad you are here.  I am glad for all of you.  Thanks for your caring comments.♥

Planting, reading and stitching,
Vickie

9 comments:

Shirlee said...

That iris is positively gorgeous! I need to take a picture or two of mine to post on my blog. No one will believe them ... & I'll leave it at that for now : ) The yellow rose is beautiful. The first flowers John got for me were also yellow roses : )

Annette-California said...

I've never seen a chocolate iris, It's beautiful. I'm so glad you took a photo of it. And how thoughtful and loving your husband is - the yellow rose is gorgeous. You have a great week Vickie:)

Trace4J said...

Beautiful Friend!
Love the yellow rose and the chocolate iris. What a sweet hubby.
Hope you are feeling better soon .
Hugs & Joy
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

butterfly said...

Lovely yellow rose and super Iris love the colour.
Lots of hugs Sweetie.

Penny said...

That was sweet of your husband! :) Your Iris is beautiful! I've never seen them in that color before.

Anne said...

So sweet of your hubby Vicki! I hope you are okay?! Lovely iris in your chocolate garden. I'm glad your son isn't dating yet!!

Carol said...

Sorry to hear the pain is bad again, Vickie... glad that the Percocet is doing it's job, though. That must be awful to live with such pain for so many years...

Lovely rose--yellow is my favorite color for roses, too. My husband has finally realized that I don't care for red roses after almost 34 years of marriage :)

Enjoy your day!

Nicola said...

It the UK we have a lovely LNS called Thread Bear your book title made me think of it.

Sending your a BIG hug for the pain xxx

Dani - tkdchick said...

I always look forward to my irises coming into bloom, not yet but I suppose I should probably start keeping an eye out on my dwarf ones they come out first!