Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, December 1, 2023

Two Flossies

 Hi friends!  ⛄When I saw this idea from Lori of Notforgotten Farm last year, I knew I was going to make one also this year. 

I saved the perfect honey jar and I used January Snow by Twisted Threads as my pattern. It is designed to be stitched on the same linen Lori used, 28 ct Rivera Gingham. She offered the Sam the Snowman pattern this year, but since I had this pattern (thank you Robin ) I stitched my little ☃️ 

The blue snowflakes are from my stash. The only thing that is not from my stash were the tiny, white bottle brush trees. 

I could have simply topped the lid with fabric, but I seem to make things difficult for myself usually. 🙃 I had this free pattern from Zweigart already printed off in my stash and it fit perfectly WHEN I STITCHED IT ONE OVER ONE ON 4O COUNT NATURAL LINEN!! 😬 It is done, I I think it is cute. 

❄️⛄❄️⛄❄️⛄❄️⛄❄️⛄❄️


🐩🐩Two Flossies! 

I created a little Flossie for Brian and Madeleine's Christmas ornaments this year. I did it the old fashioned way, with graph paper and pencil. They look a tad different because I stitched them two over two on mystery green 32ct linen with DMC 433, WDW Bright Leaf, Pecan, and GA Sarsaparilla. Hmm. I forget what brown I used for the eyes and nose. I have come to realize that Flossie's exact haircoat color is impossible to locate thus far. I have searched Michael's, JoAnn, Hobby Lobby, Lynn's, and Country Sampler. So I came up with this combo. As Madeleine told me, "Mom, it is an interpretation." 😉😂 No, she has not seen these yet. I give everyone their ornaments in their Christmas stockings. I found the wooden ornaments for $1 at JoAnn. Flossie JUST fit. I also bought this glittery, green paint there and jazzed them up.❇️

🐩💚🐩💚🐩💚🐩💚🐩💚🐩

I am stitching something totally unplanned and super cute right now. I cannot wait to share it. It is VERY tiny though, so it is slow stitching.

I called on the Lord in distress; The Lord answered me and set me in a broad place. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?  Psalm 118:5-6

I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friends. Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate you and your kind words.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





10 comments:

MartinaM said...

Oh, that is a magical piece of work, and so small and finely crafted. I am impressed.
And your two flossies - so cute.
I wish you a nice first Advent.
Martina

butterfly said...

What a fab idea. love it.
Flossies are beautiful.
Have a wonderful December. hugs June.

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
I love your glas with the snowman. The ornament looks great.
The two Flossie ornaments are lovely.
Have a nice time in December.
Hugs, Manuela

Arish said...

Tu frasco es una verdadera preciosidad. BESICOS.

Carol said...

That is just the cutest snowman in a jar finish, Vickie. I hadn't seen Lori's post so I appreciate you pointing it out. And those sweet little Flossie ornaments--adorable. They will be treasured, I'm sure. Enjoy your new project and Happy December ♥

Marilyn said...

Very cute finishes.
Flossie is too cute too!
Marilyn

gracie said...

Oh how sweet those ornaments are. The jar is wonderful.

marly said...

I sort of went limp at the over one on 40.

Stasi said...

Your snowman finish is so sweet! I stumbled across the perfect jar at Target the day after I saw your post on IG. Hopefully, I'll work on the project in January during a snow storm. A girl can dream, right???

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your snow jar is wonderful, I love the little tree and the delicate stitching on the lid.
Your two little Flossies are perfect ornaments too. It’s very difficult to match fur and hair colours but you seem to have done a good job there.