Calendar Poodle SAL

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentine Stitching

 Hi friends! Happy Valentine's Day! Here is the last of my Valentine stitching. 💕Love is Kind💕This is a complimentary design by Hands on Design. 

I stitched the left one with the called for DMC on the called for 32ct antique white linen. I gifted this to my stitching pal Lisa.🥰 I kept the one on the right for myself. 😉 I stitched it on 36ct white linen with VMSS flosses. Everything is from my stash.

💗💖💗💖💗💖💗💖💗💖💗

💕Do Everything in Love💕by Silver Creek Samplers. 

What a generous, gorgeous Valentine❣️ I love this one so much. I stitched this two over two on mystery 32ct pink linen with #vmss Valentine Red, 1840 Rose Pink and Antique Pink. Everything I used was from my stash.

💗💖💗💖💗💖💗💖💗💖💗

🤍Sewing Bird Pinkeep🤍by With thy Needle & Thread. This is not really a "Valentine", but since it is a heart, and this pattern is THIRTEEN YEARS OLD, and I had it in my Valentine folder, I decided this was the year to get it DONE❣️ This pattern was a gift from our friend Gracie

I stitched this one over one with the called for DMC on a mystery linen and backed with muslin from my stash. 

I veered a bit from the pattern if you compare mine to the the last picture. I mounted mine on an antique spool from my stash. 

I also decided to stitch x's around the seam with the reddish DMC. 

Also I used green DMC to attach my wool hull and tie it to the safety pin. LOVE IT❣️

🤍🍓🤍🍓🤍🍓🤍🍓🤍🍓🤍

I am now stitching on my friend RoseAnn's sampler from our Round Robin.

Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’  Matthew 22:37-39

I am so glad you stopped by today. I hope you have a wonderful day today. Will your day include any Valentine plans? Brian and I are going to have a special ice cream treat, that is about it! Ha!

Take care now. I will be back soon with another pattern to giveway.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





11 comments:

Carol said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Vickie--love the hearts that you've created and your special finish of the With Thy Needle and Thread design. No plans for us either, although I'll probably make a chocolatey dessert of some sort :) Enjoy your day ♥

Bridgette said...

Your Valentine stitches are so lovely! I love the little x's on the finish. Happy Valentine's Day to you. ~Bridgette~

Manuela said...

Hi Vickie,
all your Valentine stitches and finishes are beautiful.
HOpe you and Brain had a wonderful Valentine day.
Hugs, Manuela

Marilyn said...

All of your Valentine stitching is so pretty, love the Brenda Gervais piece, it looks so nice on the spool.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Your valentine finishes are all so pretty especially the one by Silver Creek Samplers, Vickie. What kind of ice cream treat did you have?

Stasi said...

All your Valentine pieces are looking good!!! Hope you had a nice treat!

butterfly said...

What a lovely love post .
Just beautiful hugs June.

MartinaM said...

Your two Valentine's hearts are beautiful. I hope you had a nice Valentine's Day.
And the sampler is great too.
Enjoy your weekend
Martina

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous Valentine stitching, love the Silver Creek design.
I spent most of the day hopping around the Secret Sweethearts, which was a lovely way to share some Stitchy love..

Astrids dragon said...

So many beautifully stitched hearts and great finishes.
The one from Gracie looks perfect in the spool!
Ice cream is always a nice treat, hope you enjoyed it.

diamondc said...

Vickie: So many beautiful hearts to appreciate.

Have a lovely week, it will be snowing here tomorrow until Thursday.

Catherine