Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, June 6, 2022

53

 Hi friends! I am 53 today. Mixed feelings on that. I do not feel any different, that is for sure. This is the first year in my life my Mom has not had a birthday party for me. Am I crying over that? No. No I am not. I do feel the loss of it though. Birthday parties at Mom's house are more than chocolate cake, singing Happy Birthday and getting gifts. It is seeing your entire family once again. Hugs and kisses and love and laughs shared. So much joy. THAT is very much what I am missing. AND..... Mom was supposed to have her knee replacement surgery on June 2nd. So we planned to not have my birthday party. Okay. That was one thing. She had to put off the knee replacement surgery until the future now, BECAUSE... my brother Jonathan who lives with Mom got COVID four days before the surgery. SO NOT GOOD. My brother Michael lives there also and so does Auntie Kathy. Auntie Kathy already permanently barks like a seal all the time from her bad reaction to the chemo last Fall. So far just Jon has COVID. I am asking if you would pray that Jon recovers swiftly from this and that the other three do NOT get COVID. Thank you my friends. 💗

Let's move onto some happy birthday gifts I received from dear friends. Our friend Robin has sent me this gorgeous floss tag.🤩 And this darling chenille strawberry. 🍓 I just love these gifts Robin! These are both perfect for my corner shelf display. Thank you so much my friend!

🎁Our friend Martina made me this pretty birthday card which I will eventually take apart and sew into a small pillow. 

Thank you very much dear Martina!
🧡💛💚💙🧡💛💚💙

🎁Most precious needle minder from our friend Julie 

We both love poodles and pink. 💕 Thank you Julie for this sweet birthday gift! Julie is battling cancer and could sure use your prayers dear friends.

💗🐩💗🐩💗🐩💗🐩💗🐩💗

This is the piece I just stitched and finished for myself in time for my birthday, because I love it so. 

Our friend Lisa borrowed me this pattern. 

No, I do not plan on stitching the strawberry basket. I truly love the scissor fob, which is what I have stitched. I have returned the pattern to Lisa now. Thank you once again Lisa for borrowing this to me. 

I stitched this two over two on 28ct mystery linen from my stash with DMC and StitchySilk in Cherry Blossom (Thank you Carol!).  I whip stitched the pillow closed as Stacy Nash suggests. It sure gives a nice square finish, but it is a pain in the rumpus to do. I filled it with sawdust. I stitched the pale pink velveteen strawberry to the top as Stacy suggests also. 🥴Embroidering strawberry leaves is not my forté. I got it done though.

Plenty of gifts sent my way for today. How about a gift sent out to you? Here is a giveaway. 

If you would like to win this chart just be a sidebar follower of this blog and leave a comment on this post stating you would like the chart. I will draw a winner on Friday, June 17th. Due to the size of the pattern, this giveaway is open only to my American followers. Do not worry, I have more patterns to give away this month also. 

Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised.  Proverbs 31:30

Thank you so much for stopping by today my friends! Thank you for your support and your friendship all these many years. I appreciate you so very much. 💗 I hope you have a wonderful week ahead. 

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





13 comments:

butterfly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY tooooooooooo you , sweet friend .
Have a lovely day , you are so loved .
I will pray for your family and Sweet Julie .
Lovely gifts from your friends .
Hope the sun shines for you all day.
Hugs June.

Sandra said...

Happy Birthday Vickie, hope you had a great day. You have some lovely gifts already and I'm sure you'll be getting lots more when you can finally meet up with family.

Manuela said...

Happy Birthday Vickie.
Hope you had a nice day.
I pray for your family.
So beautiful gifts arrived.
Nice new week, Manuela

Marilyn said...

Happy Birthday Vickie!!
That's a cute finish.
What cute gifts, the Poodle is so cute.
Prayers for your family & Julie.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Wishing you a most wonderful birthday, dear Vickie! Enjoy your goodies! What a darling piece you stitched for yourself! Praying for Jon's recovery and for the health of the others in the house. Thinking of you.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Happy Birthday to you. Enjoy your gifts and your day. Big hugs Lynda Ruth

Jackie's Stitches said...

Wishing you a wonderful day Vickie! I know it will be different without spending the day with your mom but hopefully you'll be able to see her soon. I pray she stays negative for the virus. I know you worry. xoxo

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Happy Birthday! Hope your day is full of many blessings sweet friend! Sending prayers for your brother to heal quickly and that no one else will get it, too. Oh bless your sweet Auntie Kathy. What horrible side affects from chemo. Oh what lovely and thoughtful gifts and cards you have been blessed with. Enjoy your day sweet friend. Blessings always ((hugs))

marly said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday Vickie. Such lovely and thoughtful gifts from friends.

Keep us updated on the covid cases. So many have it now, thank goodness not as severe as before.

MartinaM said...

Happy Birthday dear Vicky. I hope that your family is doing well again, even if you can't go there, make yourself especially nice today.
Beautiful gifts, I'm glad that you like my butterfly and I'm curious how it looks in a small pillow.
the small pattern for yourself is also very successful.
Big Hugs, Martina

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Birthday again! Sorry you can't celebrate with your Mum. Hopefully the vaccinations will protect the vulnerable members of the family so they don't fall ill. It seems to be working that way here in England. Mostly milder cases.
Lovely gifts from your friends too.
Those Wordplay charts are lovely. I have stitched two but no more.

Vicki said...

Happy Birthday, Vickie! I have been MIA for awhile and am finally catching up today. I hope your family is doing well and no new Covid cases have popped up. I enjoyed reading your last few posts and absolutely LOVE the denim seam trees. What a clever idea, I never would have thought of that. It's always fun to see how you use your talent!

Carol said...

Happy 53rd, Vickie (a week late :)!! Boy, does that sound young to me--enjoy your fifties! I hope your mom's knee surgery has been rescheduled and that you can celebrate a successful surgery AND your birthday when things settle down. Love your little pillow with the white strawberry topper--just lovely! Enjoy your week ♥