Calendar Poodle SAL

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

The Snow Globes!

 Hi friends! 😒 DHL lost the first ones. We switched to a different company. Those were too tiny. We ordered another set. The plastic was blurry! Then we bought snow globes from our Hobby Lobby, but the opening was JUST barely too small. Finally, we have the perfect snow globes! And Orthodox Christmas is in three days! I made these for our two priests. 

The picture shown is the side view of our Serbian Orthodox Cathedral we attend weekly. I used the picture to create a chart. I used DMC and VMSS 1795 Tarnished Gold for the crosses. It is stitched one over one on 28ct mystery linen.

The opposite side is a free chart I have had in my stash for 8 years! It is from amintkipattan blog. 

I did change up the Nativity stable. I wanted to make it look more like a cave. Father Seraphim was quite clear about that in Bible Study class recently. I never knew this, or gave it thought. So I decided to look into it a little more. The site of Jesus' birth is indeed a cave in Bethlehem. Anyhow, this pattern I stitched two over two on 32ct mystery linen with the called for DMC.

❄️⛄January displays are up!⛄❄️If you look closely at the cubby shelf, you will see how I changed the tiny pillow on top and the HOD to work with our Orthodox faith.😊 And for " elciaravi" I measure each opening of the cubby shelf before I mount my stitched pieces onto cardboard. I glue cotton batting (Warm & Natural) onto the front of the cardboard, and then I wrap the stitched piece around to the back of the card board and glue it to the  back. IF I have measured correctly, the piece fits very well and stays put. IF not, I use a piece of masking tape to hold it in place.

I did not show the rest of the corner shelves, as they have remained the same from December. Orthodox Christmas is this week, the 7th, so my Christmas displays are still all up. 🎄 

















Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,

And whose hope is the Lord.  Jeremiah 17: 7

Thank you for stopping in friends. Thank you for your wonderful support over the years. I truly appreciate you and your friendships. God bless you. 💕💕💕 You take care now. Be careful out there. And maybe say a prayer for protection of our Jacob. Many nurses are quitting at his hospital. It is happening not just there, but everywhere. The nurses are so stressed out and overworked. Jacob is forced to work mandatory overtime. If they contract COVID they are to come back to work in 5 days no matter what. They are told to just wear the N95 mask. Jacob does not feel safe at work. What about in the break room? When everyone takes their mask off to eat????!!!! He had COVID last year. His lungs are not doing well as a result. He is asthmatic. He has been since he was a toddler. He is on much stronger inhalers now. He is on antibiotics now to see if maybe he has a lung infection and this will clear it up. Next step steroids. He tells me he cannot get COVID again. He does not think he can do it. I can't even type out my feelings on that to you all friends. I am sure you can figure out how a mother would feel about her son in this situation. 

Stitching and praying,
Vickie





10 comments:

gracie said...

First, Jacob will be in my daily thoughts. Then I must comment on your lovely snow globes. You are very talented my friend again your cubby looks fantastic.

Manuela said...

Your snwoglobes are so beautiful. A nice idea and a wonderful gift.
Hope Jacob will be better very soon.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your snow globes are wonderful! I'm sure they will be treasured!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your snowglobes are precious, Vickie! Praying for Jacob -- for his peace of mind, for his health, for his quality of work life.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am glad that you found the perfect snowglobes in the end, they make wonderful presents.
Sorry to hear things are so bad at the hospital. Can the nurses' union do anything to protect them?

butterfly said...

Lovely snowglobes you found .
Praying for Jacob .
Enjoy your week .

Vicki said...

Praying for Jacob...
Your snowglobes are awesome, they will be appreciated by the recipients!
Happy New Year, friend!

MartinaM said...

What a great idea with the snow globes, very successful implementation.
I wish you and your family good health, what happens to the nurses in the hospitals is hard to imagine if you are not affected yourself. I pray for Jacob that he will get through everything well.
Martina

Ele said...

Will most certainly keep Jacob in my thoughts, hope he will feel better soon, both physically and emotionally. Working in such uncertain conditions must be so upsetting for him, and for you too of course.
Your snow globes are lovely, such a clever idea! you are so talented, the design is perfect!
Lots of love

Astrids dragon said...

Oh my, you were just waiting for the perfect snowglobes and didn't know it! They turned out beautifully and I like how you have both sides stitched.
Your January cubby looks lovely, as usual!
I'm so sorry Jacob, and so many other health care workers, have to work in conditions like that. My gf still works in a hospital, but doing quality review away from patients. Any chance he can do something like that? I will keep him in my prayers for healing and continued well being.