Calendar Poodle SAL

Sunday, April 18, 2021

🐇Sweet Pea by La D Da🐇

 Hi friends!

I seem to have a very special friend out there❣️ Look at this bEaUtIfUL ☕mug I received in the mail💌 with NO notes and no return address. Dear friend, thank you❣️😘 This is the most special mug I own. Honestly. What a wonderful thing to do for me.🥰

🐇Sweet Pea by La D Da🐇 
I changed her. I removed the alphabet and worked in another large flower and some leaves and small flowers.🌸 I stitched her two over two on 32ct Colour & Cotton Warm Sienna with two of the called for DMC, GA Pink Azalea and VMSS 1840 Calico Pink. 💗 I love her.🤗

🎀🐩 Look at these lovely gifts given to me by Angela
That little 🌷&🐰 tag is perfect to hang from my corner shelf or from my linen cabinet. And the 🐩 fabric! I literally jumped up and down when I unwrapped that! 😁 I love it SO much! I have this exact same fabric, and have only scraps left. I thank you once again Angela❣️

I stitched another little bunny. I need to do the finishing on it.

The medicine increase seems to be slightly helping with the pain already. Maybe the next increase in dosage will be needed?  That and I am really putting effort into my core strengthening exercises now. Planks are hard! Do not laugh. I can do 12 second ones now. 🙃 Can you do planks? Do you regularly exercise? I walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes, three times a day at least 6 times a week. AND I STILL HAVE THIS MENOBELLY! 😒 I do my PT stretches and exercises daily for my SI joint injury and now my 4 herniated discs. Ugh. Is there no end?!?!

“Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you.” James 4:7

I am so glad you stopped by. I hope you have a healthy, blessed week!

Stitching and praying,

Vickie







13 comments:

butterfly said...

Oh Vicky what a lovely mug and gifts from friends.
Love your bunny .
Good to hear the meds are working .
Have a great week.

Marilyn said...

Nice gifts you've received.
That Bunny is so cute.
Have a great week!
Marilyn

Donna G. said...

What fun gifts! So glad the meds have helped some. Exercise? What’s that? 😂😛

Shami Immanuel said...

Beautiful gifts you received. My favourite verse "Do our best and leave the rest to God".

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely gifts you received! Your Sweet Pea bunny is darling. Good for you on the exercise! I really need to get serious about it and get back at it. And that would be a no on planks! Have a good week, my friend!

Carol said...

Such a darling mug, Vickie! Is it going to drive you crazy wondering who sent it? It would me :)

Sweet Pea is so cute and I'm glad you are getting at least some pain relief already. And yes--I love exercising! I walk 4-5 miles a day and try to do my light weights to help with my osteoporosis (and to be able to hold Baby B!). I do need to be more conscientious about my stretching, though :) Hard to remember (and have time for!) everything, isn't it?

Vicki said...

What a special gift! Sweet Pea is very cute. Glad you're starting to feel better.

Annie said...

What lovely gifts you have received!

diamondc said...

Vickie: I am happy you are getting some relief.
Nice mug, I bet it will be used a lot.
Sweet Pea is so pretty, perfect coordinating fabric.
Sweet gifts from Angela.

Catherine

Angela Tucker said...

Good evening, Vickie. Sweet Pea is SWEET! I thought to myself that I should get this pattern...then I realized I have this pattern. LOL I'm just silly. I'm sorry, did you say "do planks" or "walk the plank"? I can definitely walk the plank. Especially if there is a piece of chocolate at the end. LOL I know that when I'm exercising and taking care of my body, I always feel better. You take care, friend.

Manuela said...

The mug is so beautiful. A wonderful gift.
Sweet Pea is so cute. I love it.
The fabric is very cool.
Have a nice week Manuela

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a fabulous mug, I wonder who your secret stitching sweetheart is? Not me!
I'm pretty fit from chasing my son around so I don't do formal exercises, except my pelvic floor ones. As for the belly, when you've carried a 10lb baby full term, you never recover! Even when I was below 7stone I still had a tummy, that's life.
We did a LOT of walking last summer in the lockdown and it's probably time to start again and build up my stamina.

Barb said...

That bunny is so perfect for this time of year!