Calendar Poodle SAL

Saturday, December 26, 2020

Winner

Hi friends! Today I drew the winner of the Lizzie Kate Quick-it Sampling Christmas chart. I will share the winner's name in just a moment, but first....

 I held back one lovely Christmas card made for me to share with you on today's post.

This was a gift from our friend June Isn't the card perfectly pink for me?! I love it! A pink snowlady!! Now that is a first! Thank you June!

And the winner of the LK chart is: 


I hope you all had a Merry Christmas. This has been a most strange, difficult year, hasn't it friends? We celebrated with our children. Brian and I are Eastern Orthodox, and therefore will be celebrating Christmas on January 7th. We did go to Jacob and Kristen's apartment and exchange gifts outside. And the high was 20 degrees! We did the same procedure outside at my Mom's. Better safe than sorry.

I started a SAL with several friends from my stitching group yesterday. One of the ladies, Chris, sent us all the floss and linen to begin on Christmas together. Here is the pattern we are stitching.

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” 1Corinthians 2:9

Stitching and praying,
Vickie







13 comments:

MartinaM said...

Oh yes, June has made another wonderful card, it suits you perfectly. Nice that you could at least distribute the presents from outside, so you could at least spend a little moment with your loved ones. It's just a difficult time, but we pray and hope that it will get better.
Have a good time.
Martina

Clare-Aimetu said...

A gorgeous card from June, congratulations to Jo on winning your giveaway.

butterfly said...

Hi Vickie so happy you like your card .
Hard to find pink ones at Christmas ha.
Hope you had a lovely Christmas day.
We had a lovely one with our daughter .
Ron saw the Christmas star late Friday night that was a first time , I am hoping to see it tonight if it is clear , before our bad storm that will be rolling in.
Wishing you a lovely week.

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
a wonderful card from June. The Snowwomen is so cute.
Enjoy your new stitching start.
Manuela

Marilyn said...

What a cute Snowlady.
Have fun with your SAL.
Marilyn

Mary said...

June stitches such beautiful cards. Congrats to Jo, cute pattern.
Glad you were able to see your children. You are very smart to be so careful.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A pretty card, Vickie.
How lovely to start a SAL with friends. I like the design you will be stitching.
Take care.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful card you received from June, Vickie. Lovely SAL you are starting with friends as well. Happy Saturday, Vicki!

gracie said...

Ooh a perfect snow lady just for you! Sounds like you and Brian had a good Christmas even if different. Stay safe my friend.

Ele said...

What a lovely card, just perfect for you
I am glad you could see your family at Christmas, although from a distance, but as you say better safe than sorry these days.
Have a Happy New Year my friend

FlashinScissors said...

A gorgeous card from June!
Congrats to Jo!
It was nice that you were able to see your family for Christmas!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Carol said...

What a lovely card from June! She must stitch gifts behind the scenes all year--she certainly sent out a lot of cards! Hope these last couple days of the year are relaxing for you, Vickie (I'm still amazed at all those books you listened to--I need to step up my game! Ha ha!) ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Yay for me! June's card is perfect for you, she knows you so well.
I am glad that you were able to see your family, even in the cold outdoors. I assume that's 20 degrees F not C which would be very pleasant!