Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, November 2, 2018

🐩November Poodle🐩

Hi friends! I did not get my mom's ornament finally finished. I did get the November poodle stitched and finished. Here it is.
Isn't it sweet? I have been wanting to make a black poodle all year, but knew that it would not show up well. I just could not skip a black poodle. I have done all the other colors.It has a french knot nose, honest!
What do you think of my red and white flying geese quilt I made for my poodle? How do you like the mug of chai latte? Ha! I drink one almost every day. I dip my finger in the foam at the top twice for Henry. Murphy (if he is awake!) drinks the very bottom.😉

This free pattern is part of the Calendar Poodle SAL I have been having all year long. Just click on the tab at the top of  this page and you will go all the free poodle patterns.

I am now stitching a sweet Lizzie Kate November pattern given to me by our friend Robin. I will be giving this pattern away after I am done.
I read The First Love by Beverly Lewis and of course, I liked it very much. I have never been disappointed in one of her books. Ever.
It's the summer of 1951, and Maggie Esh is in need of some hope. Sweet-spirited and uncommonly pretty despite struggling with chronic illness, she is used to being treated kindly by the young men of her Old Order Amish church district. Yet Maggie wishes she were more like other courting-age girls so she could live a normal, healthy life.

To make matters more complicated, Dat has recently remarried, less than a year after her mother died. And while her stepmother is kind, Rachel is much younger than Mamm, and she simply doesn't understand Maggie or her illness the way Mamm did.

When tent revival meetings come to the area, Maggie is curious, and the words of the Mennonite preacher challenge her to reconsider what she knows about faith. Can she learn to trust God even when hope seems a distant dream?
Thank you for stopping by and visiting with me today my friends. I am so glad you did. It seems I have less friends taking the time to visit blogs these days, so I want to thank YOU for coming by.😘 I appreciate your kind comments. God bless you!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

24 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I love your undercover Police dog. funny hugs

Carol said...

Very cute November design, Vickie--I like the cozy quilt, too. Speaking of quilts--have you worked on your epic pink quilt lately?

gracie said...

Love the poodle and perfect quilt .

Linda said...

Congrats on another cute poodle design Vickie.

Linda

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Love the quilt that the November poodle is keeping warm under. Oh yes, a cup of hot tea is always in order, but mine is the Bigelow Salted Carmel tea with a dash of creme. Oh yes, it is as yummy as it sounds! Your cubby shelf is so cure. Ok, I am off to try to work in the November poodle into the knitting projects I am currently working on. Wising you a great day sweet friend. :)

Robin in Virginia said...

Your November poodle stitch is adorable. I like the addition of the quilt. Thank you for posting a picture of your cubby. Have a fabulous weekend, Vickie!

Kaisievic said...

Love your black poodle - so very comfy under his blankie and thanks for the book review, too.

Jenny said...

Hello Vickie....

Your November poodle design is absolutely adorable! I love this little black poodle so very much... And he is snuggled under a beautiful red and white quilt! I just love two tone quilts so this really caught my eye. As for your chai latte how adorable is that?

I love Beverly Lewis books as well. I don’t think there is one I haven’t liked to be honest. I remember the very first one of hers that I read and I was hooked!

Hugs my friend! I am sending lots of love your way! By the way...my Dr says I’m good ....treatment in 3 months❤️❤️

MartinaM said...

Hi Vickie,
sweet your little black poodle looks cute, and in the blanket he makes it really cozy. ❤
Hugs, Martina

butterfly said...

Love your poodle Vickie he is so cute ,have a lovely weekend.

Marilyn said...

Cute Poodle & quilt!
Marilyn

Manuela said...

Very cute your November poodle. The little quilt is very nice.
Happy Weekend.
Hugs, Manuela

Andrea said...

Cute November poodle.

Penny said...

Love your November poodle all snug in their pretty quilt! They really stand out nicely in your cubby. Love the cartoon! : )

Barb said...

Your new poodle design is delightful!! What a fun cartoon!

Margaret said...

Love your November poodle. It's wonderful! I'm still chuckling at the undercover police dog. lol!

rosey175 said...

What a snuggly poodle! All that is missing is the fireplace! :) Will the L*K piece be going in the cubby too?

Julie said...

Another sweet poodle, he's cute. x

Brigitte said...

He is so sweet, your black poodle half way under that beautiful quilt. Your designing skills are awesome, Vickie.

Lili said...

Your November poodle is to sweet, Vickie!

Astrids dragon said...

Such a sweet November Poodle, the quilt is perfect! And some chai latte sounds wonderful right about now.

RJ said...

Aah your black poodle is ADORABLE, Vickie. I love him. RJ

moreofhim said...

I LOVE your poodle pattern! It's SO cute! I'll definitely be stitching up that adorable sweetie. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent with us.

That cartoon at the bottom of your post really made me laugh! lol

Blessings- Julie

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Another adorable Poodle pattern. Of course you needed a little black poodle in the collection.