Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, August 2, 2018

August Poodle

Hi friends! I have the August poodle all charted and ready to share with you! She is my favorite!
What do you think of her? I just thought I would send one of my little poodles to the beach! Since I cannot get out to the beach and enjoy the sun, why not send out a petit caniche?
The next toy poodle I get, and yes, I plan these things!! The next one I get I would like to either get a chocolate colored one like this girl, or a white one. And I will be getting a girl. It will be quite a while til we get another though. Brian says one at a time from now on.That will be a looooooooooong time! Murphy is just about to turn 15 years old! And Henry is just 8!! I don't have a lot of patience when it comes to poodles I am afraid!😍

I was not happy with how dark her ears were with the DMC 839 to be honest. So for my own version I tweeded 839 and 840 for the ears and the tail. Have you ever done that? Do you know what I am talking about. This means that instead of using the two strands of 840 as I have stated for the chart below, I actually used one strand of 839 and one strand of 840 together. It lightened it up just a bit. Just enough. I like it. There was no way for me to express this on Stitch Fiddle, so I am mentioning it here.

Also I could not believe that Stitch Fiddle does NOT have DMC 806!!! I used 806 for the ocean just so you know. NOT 807. I had no choice  but to chart 807 since there was no other option for me there!! CRAZY! 🤪

I stitched my little scene on a lovely light blue sponge dyed 28 count even weave. I was saving this fabric for just the right project and this was it. It gives it a nice sky background. I am afraid this did NOT show up in the above pictures well at all. I tried in different lighting. That is why one picture is so dark. Just trust me. I used DMC, stitched two over two.

So here is the chart if you want to stitch it. As always, my little poodles are available for free on my Calendar Poodle SAL Page at the top of this blog. Just click on the tab to see all of the months and to see pictures of stitcher's finished poodles.
Use two strands of 839 to make the French knot nose. Use one strand of 3799 to backstitch the birds.
Here is the August cubby shelf display.
🙏🙏🙏
Friends I am asking you to please keep Scott and Jenny in your prayers. Scott is scheduled to have surgery to remove his kidney today. He was to have it Tuesday, but it was postponed until today. He is in excruciating pain my friends. The surgery should take 3 1/2 hours. Please pray all goes well. Thank you very, very much!
🙏🙏🙏
Do you remember this sweet, little finish above? I keep it in my cubby shelf. I am on the left, Jenny is on the right.😊 CLICK HERE  to take at little trip down memory lane.

I have been keeping busy with my health issues. I am still stitching. I plan to have a finish to share with you next time.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I appreciate all of your comments. You brighten my day!

Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.  Psalm 103:1-5

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

24 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

A fun little finish!
Hope the surgery goes well for Scott.

Beth said...

Very creative - a poodle at the beach - and SO you Vickie!

butterfly said...


Lovely stitch Vickie you do have allot of talent my friend.

Scott and Jenny will be in my prayers .

Bethan said...

What a lovely piece - the poodle at the beach looks so sweet! Best wishes for Scott and his surgery x

Manuela said...

The August poodle looks very cute. I like it. Thank you for the freebie.
All the best for Scott and his surgery.
Have a nice day.
Manuela

Stasi said...

Your poodle at the beach is so cute....wish I could join him!!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, your beach poodle is a cutie. Praying for a smooth and successful surgery and recovery for Scott.

Carolien said...

Lovely poodle at the beach :)

Praying all goed well for Scott.

Hugs, Carolien

gracie said...

What a precious poodle and on the beach! Keeping Scott in my thoughts....

Linda said...

Another cute poodle Vickie. Sending happy thoughts for Scott's surgery.

Linda

Annie said...

What a cute poodle on the beach! I love how you put so much thought into getting the colors just right. I'd never heard of "Stitch Fiddle". Just looked it up. Handy for small designs. I'll keep it in mind. I usually just use MS Paint.

Barbara said...

I just love that little beach goer. I'm like you...I would love to have another Maltese but DH says one is enough. Also prayers are being sent from this end.

Blessings

MartinaM said...

Hi Vickie,
The little poodle looks cute, and in the heat he made himself comfortable on the beach, so he can jump into the water.
Yes, I've done it already, one thread of this and one thread of the other - so it has a very different effect. Looks great.
I like to take Scott in my prayers and think of him.
Hugs, Martina

Lili said...

Your new design is so cute, Vickie!
So nice to read your old post, pretty piece for Jenny. They will be in my thoughts.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Praying for your friends. :) Love the new poodle. I am hobbling to the craft studio to gather supplies so I can stitch this cutie up. Thank you again for your prayers. ((hugs))

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The August Poodle is adorable and so well-behaved not to be chasing the seagulls. Mind you, our seagulls are of a size to take off with a toy poodle!

RJ said...

I'm praying non stop Vickie for our dear friends Jenny and Scott.

I love your poodle at the beach...adorable!!! I love to be at the beach and it looks like your sweet little poodle is happy there too. RJ

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: Have added them to my prayer list.
I love this little design, how cute your poodle is sunning on the beach.
I have done what you did tweeding with thread, sometimes it needs to be done.

Catherine

Barb said...

Your cubbie looks so pretty and I love that little poodle stitch!

Astrids dragon said...

The August poodle is adorable on the beach and of course is perfect in your cubby shelf. I have blended colours before, it looks good!
Continued prayers.

Justine said...

What a cute poodle Vickie! Sadly I am scared of dogs, I try hard not to be but if they come towards me I am terrified!

Von said...

Another cute little poodle design! I think if you would like to go to the beach you should come out to the Oregon/Washington beaches. Normal temps are in the sixties and the mornings usually are cloudy, frequently it's cloudy all day. I love it there, but the cool breezes give me a headache and ear aches, so I always have to wear a hood to keep the air away from my ears. Sometimes we drive out on the beach and I can sit in a warm car and watch the waves. :)

rosey175 said...

What an adorable beachy poodle! One poodle at a time, pfft. That's like saying one cat at a time. Not happening here haha! I blend colors all the time when I work on my Final Fantasy pieces. There's no better way to get the shading done. :) It is a bit annoying that there's no way to express it other than a special symbol and a note that it takes two colors.

I hope things went well for your friends!

Brigitte said...

So sweet, the cute little poodle at the beach lying in the sand. You can see that she likes it :))
I have often blended colours when the chart asked for it. I think it creates a wonderful shading.