Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Gift Given



Hi friends!

I wanted to share with you another small gift I have made and given. This was sent to our friend Carol. She had sent me some pretty, pink fabrics to use in the Epic Pink Tumbler Charm Quilt.
Yes, another bookmark. I thought this a very useful gift for our librarian friend. :) I used pale blue crepe I had in my stash. Also the lace is from my stash. The Art of William Morris is my own book. I chose this blue floral motif for Carol. I stitched it one over one on antique white 32ct linen using all the called for DMC. Here is the other side.
I am so glad Carol like it and will use it too.

I have been asked if I have included pink poodles in this quilt? Come on now! What do you think?! Yup! I only have a picture from last year of two of the pink poodle fabrics that are cut into tumblers now and are going to be sewn right into that Epic Quilt. Both of these are from our friend Kim. I am using the two on the right, as my personal rule with this quilt is that the fabric is all pink or mainly pink.
I am unsure yet what to think about the cortisone shot yesterday. I am trying to remain positive here, I am. However, the shots, I felt four different needles, I never look, hurt massively. She went in from the front. Very different and very bad. The pain seemed less for a few hours, then increased and became worse. It hurts to sit with that hip now. I do know that the cortisone can take 24 to 48 hours to become completely effective.This of course does nothing for the degenerative disc disease that has begun. It runs in my family strong. I have already lost one inch in height. When I mentioned this to Dr. Wu last week, she actually told me that I am too young to have arthritis in my back. I told her I feel and hear the clicking and pain in my very low back. She told me to be sure to get lots of calcium. I feel exasperated from that. I am not sure anything can be done for that problem anyhow, but positive thinking, well, I am beyond that. I have been dealing with this for 10 years. Please! I am waiting to see the results of the shots in my hip. I had the pain managed as of late, at a 2 or 3 level daily. I can cope with that. I had told her that last week also, before we did the shots one week later. This did nothing for the pain in the right hip of course. This very rarely comes anyhow, it is mainly my left side and lower back now.

Sorry to be so glum this morning. I am trying to remain positive. It is sooooooooooo hard with this pain, my constant companion of 10 years now. I am reminded of Job. He asks his wife in Job 2:10, " Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” 

Watch for a post from me tomorrow. I am taking part in Easter Blog Hop 2015

Thanks for being such great friends. I truly appreciate you. I have thanked God for you today! May God richly bless you!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

July did not find this amusing when it actually happened to her

21 comments:

diamondc said...

Vickie: I am so sorry you are having troubles.
I will say many prayers that you are free of pain.
Love this bookmark, it is beautiful.
I love the color pink, I look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Have a Blessed Easter
Catherine

Margaret said...

Beautiful gift for Carol! That cartoon cracks me up. Mia rolls off the bed accidentally more times than I can count. lol! Sorry your pain is so high. I'm hoping that in 24 hours, you'll be feeling much better. Still praying.

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful gift and cute fabrics!
Happy Easter

Carolien said...

Dear Vickie,

How awful to be in pain so much, I hope the shots will help you in the end. You're in my prayers as well ...
Today I received your lovely envelope with that wonderful bookmark. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I just wrote a blog post about it, please have a look.

Take care & thankful hugs, Carolien

rosey175 said...

Hah, I did consider asking about pink poodle fabric but I figured you would have some! I would suggest spoonflower for more. (not enabling at all :b)

I would find a different doc if they're not taking you seriously! Why would anyone make up pain?! At least the calcium uptake could involve cheese...?

My derpy cats will also roll of the bed... lap... table... too. They'd probably somehow manage to roll off the floor!

butterfly said...

Lovely gift for Carol .
Sorry it was so painful yesterday , hope you soon feel better, hugs.

Dani - tkdchick said...

wow more pretty pink fabbies and another beautiful gift!

marly said...

I wish there was something they could do to alleviate your pain. Maybe in a few days it will kick in and offer some relief.

Annie said...

Carol will love your sweet bookmark. Blue is her favorite color as I'm sure you know.

This pain thing is just too much. Hope this Dr. is correct and waiting a little will make you feel better. Sending good thoughts your way!

DebbieSFL said...

Vickie, I found this pattern weeks ago and kept forgetting to let you know. It is a poodle Valentine free cross stitch pattern.

http://fearnabbeyneedleworks.blogspot.com/2015/02/valentine-poodle.html

Hope you can get some relief....

Barbara said...

Vickie, I pray that shot kicks in and all your pain is gone.
Blessings

Annette-California said...

Prayers that your pain goes away and the shots work. So sorry you are going this Vickie. Gorgeous bookmark you stitched and love the lace.
Hope you wake up tomorrow and all the pain is gone. Hugs Annette

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I was thinking of you yesterday Vickie and hoping that things were improving over the course of the day. Lovely bookmark and the poodles made me smile.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Vickie I'm so sorry to read that your pain is so heavy right now...constant companion...OH my, I can not imagine, I know what I dealt with for nearly year with my issues last year...but daily for 10 years. I'm lighting a 7 day novena candle for you today in our Divine Mercy alcove after the Good Friday Mass...for your healing...

Brigitte said...

Both bookmarks you made and sent out to your friends are so lovely. And they will both be so pleased with them.

So sorry to hera that you are in pain again after the shots, I hope you will soon find some relief.

Carol said...

You have been as busy as a bee making all of these wonderful bookmarks, Vickie--thank you again for my pretty blue one :)

Will be keeping you in my prayers--I do hope the pain level gets easier to bear for you very soon.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Vickie this is such a sweet bookmark - I love the lace. I also have degenerative disc disease and it's miserable for sure. I've had physical therapy several times and it helps for a while. I go to a chiropractor and that helps a lot. But what helps me most is a TENS machine. They aren't very expensive and I wear it whenever I'm driving/riding in a car or when my back hurts really bad. It helps with the pain. blessings, marlene

Sarah in Stitches said...

Oh, Vickie, I really hope you're feeling better by now. I'm so sorry! That sounds like an awful experience.
Love the bookmark, it's so beautiful!

Frances said...

I'm loving seeing all the fun pink fabrics! The bookmark you made for Carol is so pretty!!!
I hope you're feeling better!

Christina said...

Your gift to Carol is beautiful. I'm sorry to read that your back is so painful. A co-worker at a previous job had the same issue and more. She finally had surgery after years of avoiding it by seeking alternative treatments, she is so much better now. I hope you can find a treatment/ surgery that will help you.

Maggee said...

Oh my--that motif is absolutely beautiful! It is just so vivid and multi-dimensional. Love it and glad Carol did! Hugs!