Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, October 23, 2014

A Little Finishing

Hi friends! It has been at or below freezing most nights now, so I dug out my dahlia tubers. I have been making tiny progress in the garden. BUT my pain has slowly receded back down to "normal" levels. Well, except that it won't go away on the right. And that IS unusual for me over these last 10 years. I normally have constant pain only on the left side. So I will keep the appointment for the cortisone shot next week. Thank you for all of your kind words, prayers and for caring. ♥

It was making me CRAZY leaving my MMMM SAL finishes in a pile. I just don't do that!! I normally do the finishing work after I stitch something up. So I made one of my finishes from last week up into an ornament. It was the one I am not showing you yet. It is on it's way to my friend right now. I do not expect it to arrive very quickly though. I will show you the back for now. ;)
I am still working on 'Just One More Stitch'. Only because I took a few days break to read The Drowning Spool by Monica Ferris. A good read, except the dumb swearing that she puts in there occasionally. I also read Blessed John The Wonderworker. This is an excellent (but long) book about a saint in the Orthodox Christian Church.

Another thing I did lately instead of stitching is give Henry a haircut. Let me tell you, this is not fun. I have never had a harder time clipping a dog. And I have given our Kerry Blue Terrier, our Lhasa Bichon and Miss Mabel haircuts. And Rascal. A 19 year old neighbor toy poodle!! You know, maybe Henry is just as difficult as Rascal was. At least I got paid $40 to clip Rascal. (Sadly, Rascal is no more.)

The problem is that Henry is so delicate and bony. He positively yipes when I clip his legs. And you just about go deaf when he cries from clipping the mats. I could not let someone else clip him. I know they would man handle him. He is very good, just tiny and wimpy. Sorry Henry.
Here he is after the bath and blow dry.
My fuzzy, little buddy. Here he is after the haircut. A way different looking dog or what?!
This is looking up into our ginkgo tree in front of our home. So very golden now.
I have to give Brian and then Mabel a haircut coming up here too! But I WILL get back to the stitching and soon!

Have a super day my friends! Thank you for stopping by.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

16 comments:

Annie said...

What a great Henry makeover! He's so lucky to have a Mommy like you.

Glad the pain has backed off. I'm sure that puts you in much better spirits.

Mii Stitch said...

The little ornament is looking promising. I'm sure your friend will love it :)

Kissy said...

Oh, those Henry pictures made me laugh so hard!! He looks so much younger now! Glad that you feel a little better meanwhile!

cucki said...

awwwwwwwwww hello smarty henry :)
looking so sweety...
sending you love and hugs xx

Pull the other thread said...

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the finish. The back looks lovely though. Glad to hear your pain has eased a bit :)

Julie said...

Henry does look gorgeous after his pampering session.

Beth said...

Good for you all the dahlias dug! Henry looks awesome.

Carol said...

Henry is looking very spiffy, Vickie--great job on his haircut!

Maggee said...

I want dahlias next year... gotta check them out during winter. I used to have some, but... When my daughter first got Rusty, who is Henry's double, he was so matted it angered everyone. But the groomers did such a great job and still do, about every two months I think. Thor gets groomed too, and they look so much fresher. Glad your pain is more manageable now, and hope the cortisone shot does a lot for what is left! Hugs!

butterfly said...


Lovely gift you are making for your friend.
Henry looks so smart , I use to spend hours on Poppy she hated having her hair cut so one day one leg the next day another so she would look so funny.
Wishing you a lovely weekend.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Henry looks very handsome:) looking forward to seeing the other side of your gift to your friend.

Margaret said...

Oh my goodness, Henry is so cute! He's cute either way really. lol! Looking forward to seeing your stitching. Glad to hear your pain is better. Hope the shot helps even more.

Annette-California said...

Awe Henry looks hansom after his make over. I'm glad you did it and not someone else. Hopefully Brain won't make any fuss when you clip him - lol. love Annette

Varla Lee said...

I preffer Henry in blow way, seems a peluche! Hehehe. Your (little?) finish is awesome! A big hug!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice Ornie back! Looking forward to seeing the front soon.

I prefer Henry fluffy but I appreciate he needs to be trimmed. We have to cut my younger son's hair when he is asleep he is so sensitive to it!

rosey175 said...

Lovely snowflakes on the back of your project! :D

Henry is like Oreo in that aspect. When it's time to clip her nails, it's like I'm murdering the poor thing! Oh the things we do for love. But he looks so handsome after his cut! With the colder weather, do you have to put him in a poodle sweater? :D