Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. Philippians 2:3-4

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A gift for my first follower! ♥

Good morning everyone!
Thank you for visiting, and thank you for your lovely comments.  I appreciate you!

One week ago I sent this sweet little chart to my first follower, Nicola.
If you haven't visited her blog yet, WHY NOT?? :)  Hop on over there.  She has an amazing talent with her camera.  You will see birds you have never, ever seen before.  Such a joy when she shares with us.♥ I am so glad she received her gift and likes it!

I decided to set my small stitch on 28ct black aside for right now.  It is not an urgent gift and the black, over one stitching is making me cross eyed!

I just pulled linen, bought the missing flosses and began an Easter stitch.  You will have to wait a bit, gonna leave you wondering for right now. ;)

So, I finally got my new glasses.  You can kinda see them in my new profile picture to the right.  They are rimless.  This would be my second pair that I have had that are rimless.  I like them.  I have worn glasses since I was 12.  I wore contacts for 20 years.  Didn't want to mess around with those anymore, but I didn't want loud glasses.  This type works for me right now in life.  I just kind of wanted them to be as invisible as possible I guess.  As my teens say, "Whatever!!" ;)

stitching and praying,
Vickie

11 comments:

Ruth said...

Really love the new glasses Vickie, they suit you. I'm sure Nicola loves her gift, I'd say its perfect as its got birds on it. :)

butterfly said...

Lovely glasses Vickie, lovely gift for a lovely lady.
Look forward to seeing your Easter stitching.
Have a great week.

Catherine said...

Love the glasses! And what a sweet chart to send!

Shirlee said...

I really like your new glasses! I keep putting off getting mine replaced. I will have to take a look at the rimless ones : )

Melanie said...

Really like the new glasses! They look great on you. :)

Lillie said...

You look great indeed with the glasses and the gift to Nicole is sweet.

Debbie said...

I love what you stitch as a gift... your follower is a very lucky lady!

butterfly said...

Hi Vickie just past on the Liebster reward to you, Take a look at my blog to see , hugs.

Sally said...

Lovely photo of you Vickie, I love your new glasses.

What a lovely gift for Nicola. I am always in awe of the beautiful photos she takes.

Solstitches said...

What a sweet gift for Nicola.
Love the new glasses and that is a lovely picture of you.
Margaret

Lelia said...

The Reward of Merit charts are so much fun!

lovely blog - this is my first visit