Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, August 9, 2024

Hey There!

 

Hi friends! It has been over a month since I posted last, but I am still with you! Instagram is where I post on a routine basis if you want to keep up with me there you can find me HERE

I have been punch needling during the Olympics. I found that easier to do than cross stitch. I simply could not stitch and watch! I created this little gingerbread man from Beth Bradshaw. The pattern was in PNPS, the 2016 Christmas-Winter Issue. 

I made him with the intention of giving him as a gift. I am not even sure who he is going to yet, but we draw names in or local stitch group in a few weeks for Christmas gift giving. I am pretty sure I could give him to most any one of the girls. 

🤎🧡Punch Needle Robins🧡🤎

I created these two Robins while watching the Olympics. 😊 I used one of the Robin patterns in the Spring's Arrival Hooked Rug pattern from Blackbird Design's Birds of a Feather book. (You can easily use hooked rug patterns for punch needle also.) I just chose DMC that looked close to the colors in the book picture and punched away! 
I have always thought of putting two Robins in my Garden Girl's nests. Now I finally have them!🥰

🌞August Cubby Shelf Display🌞 Almost every one of these are stitched over one.

🐩💗🐩💗🐩💗🐩💗🐩💗🐩

We went to our Wisconsin State Fair last week.

This first picture is me and my punch needled pansies that took first place. 
The second picture is me and way in the back you can see my God Bless America by Artful Offerings with a third place ribbon.
And the last photo is a rare one on here. Still with this guy after 38 years. (We started dating in high school.😉)
🥇🥉🧀🥇🥉🧀🥇🥉🧀🥇🥉
😼Cat Pillow by Lynn Dee Andrews, Stitches from the Heartland. 
This pattern is an old treasure from 1988, that my dear friend Marly passed on to me. I altered the pattern to look more like our Cally cat. Cally adores Madeleine almost as much as Brian. I made this for Madeleine's 26th birthday.
I stitched this TWELVE! over two on Monk's cloth with some of the called for DMC, but most of my own colors to match Cally.
😼🎂😼🎂😼🎂😼🎂😼🎂😼

I am now pretty much forcing myself to do finishing work during my Olympic watching. Ugh. Anyone else dread finishing as much as me? I used to be excellent at keeping up at it. I have slooowly started to slip at it. I have a small pile here. I am chipping away at it now. They are mostly ornaments for gift giving for this year, so they must be done! It drives me wild looking at it anyhow.🤪

For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.  Matthew 16:25

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I treasure the friendships we have made over the years. These blogs have brought us together!😊

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





9 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

congrats on your ribbons, I knew you would win. big hugs Lynda Ruth dose your husband know about the handsome guy you are with. ha ha hugs

MartinaM said...

I've never tried punch needle before, but it looks very interesting and beautiful.
Congratulations on first place, I'm very happy that you won.
A beautiful picture of the two of you.
A cute cat cushion, I like it.
Have a nice weekend, Martina

butterfly said...

Hi Vickie , good to hear from you .Well done on winning .
Your work is always wonderful.
I am like you right now no finishing to much going on .
Maybe in the Winter we can move forward .
Have fun hugs June.

Stasi said...

Your punch needle pieces are adorable, Vickie! Good idea to "punch" rather than "stitch" during the Olympics!

Marilyn said...

Great punch needle projects.
Love that little Ginger guy!
I'm so glad you got 1st place on your Pansies, they are so very pretty.
Love the Cally cat.
Marilyn

Carol said...

So many pretty projects last month, Vickie! Your little robins are so sweet as is the gingerbread boy. I bought the tools for punchneedling years ago, but still haven't given it a try. Congratulations on your ribbons--well deserved for sure! Love the photo of you and Brian--you are so lucky to be tall :) Enjoy your weekend ♥

Robin in Virginia said...

Your punch needle pieces are fabulous, Vickie. I am playing catch up because I was off retreating at the first very North Meets South gathering. It was much fun.

Manuela said...

I like your finishes with punch needle. I have never done this before.
Congratulation to the first and the third place at the State Fair.
A beautiful photo from Brain and you.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Meari said...

Those robins look adorable with the statue. Congrats on the wins at the fair. I keep telling myself to enter my things, but I run out of time and never get them ready in time.