Calendar Poodle SAL

Saturday, October 29, 2022

October's Marigold

 Hi friends! Here is my latest finish.

🍁October's Marigold🍁by Cottage Garden Samplings. I stitched this one over two on 40ct lambswool linen with DMC and VMSS. I totally changed this pattern, as we do not celebrate Halloween. I redesigned the left half of this pattern.



You can see from in last picture, the original pattern and see how much I changed it! 

I thought the Bible verse was very appropriate for autumn. Well, for always! I could have done better with the spacing of the words, but oh well. I used various French freebies for the autumn leaves. I am making flat finishes out of all twelve months and mounting them with a magnet to this finishing piece I got from Hobby Lobby.

🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁

I am now stitching up one of the Redwork Pears from Annie Beez Folk Art. Our friend Lisa from our stitch group purchased this pattern for all of us on our retreat day with Annie recently.

May I ask you to pray for my Mom? She had a total knee replacement 8 days ago. She is at a rehab facility working hard on the exercises and gaining strength. She is in quite a bit of pain, but that is to be expected. She will be returning home this next week. Thank you very much my friends.

Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me."  Luke  9:23

Thank you for stopping by sweet friends. I appreciate your friendship as always. Enjoy these last days of autumn. 

Stitching and praying,

Vickie






12 comments:

Claudette497 said...

I think the only thing you kept the same was the flowers! It came out beautifully, I think the wording looks great! I'll be praying for your mom.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You did a great job of changing the lettering and adding the leaves. I tend to focus on Autumnal stitching in September and then start adding the spooky stuff as we go through October until it’s all out by the 31st.
Then it stays up throughout November until I’m ready for Christmas stuff to come out. I really don’t like starting Christmas too soon!
It’s bad enough at work when we are putting our Christmas windows in now!

Stasi said...

Your October piece looks great! Hope you're Mom is pain free soon and on her way home.

diamondc said...

Hello Vickie: Sending kind thoughts and Prayers for your mother.
I really like the change you made to this design, the words are perfect for a fall design.
Love that frame.

Catherine

butterfly said...

Sending thoughts and prayers to your mother.

Love what you changed and stitched on your Autumn stitch.
Have a wonderful Sunday.

Ele said...

Such a pretty finish! Love the way it turned out
Thinking of your Mom, hope she recovers very soon
Hugs

Marilyn said...

Nice changes!
Prayers for your Mom/
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Your October piece looks great. Love your choice of verse. Praying for your Mom's healing from her knee replacement surgery.

MartinaM said...

The October pattern is so pretty, it has just the right fall colors.
I pray for your mother and wish her all the best and a speedy recovery.
enjoy your week
Martina

Manuela said...

A wonderful October motiv. Wonderful autum colours.
I pray for you mom and hope she will better soon.
Have a nice new week.
Manuela

Astrids dragon said...

You changed it beautifully! And yes, that verse is perfect for autumn.
Prayers for your sweet Mom, for strength, healing, and less pain every day.

Carol said...

I love the way you changed the verse, Vickie! It's such a perfect autumn piece. Hoping for a quick and full recovery for your mother. My brother-in-law had his knee replaced last year and said he wishes he had done it years ago. Hope you have a wonderful November ♥