Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, October 13, 2022

A Savior Has Been Born

 Hi friends! It is about time I share Jacob and Kristen's finished Christmas ornament with you!

💖A Savior Has Been Born💖by My Big Toe Designs. This pattern can be found on page 64 of the 2017 issue of the JCS Christmas Ornament Issue. And yes, I changed floss colors. HEY! I CAN'T HELP MYSELF. IT IS A DISEASE OR SOMETHING! 🤷 I did use the called for GA Moss. 😊 The pretty burgundy ribbon was given to me by Stasi. Thank you Stasi! And thank you Vonna once again for your tutorial on how to rusche ribbon on a finish. Mine does not look as good, but it looks good enough for me! I stitched this one over two on 36ct light exemplar linen as called for.

🍁Pumpkins & Pins Freebie🍁

This sweet, little, free pattern has been printed off and sitting in my stash for YEARS! I was looking for a fast, small piece to stitch that would fit in the cubby. This is perfect! You can find this pattern at: http://makestuff-behappy.blogspot.com

I stitched mine two over two on 35ct tea dyed linen with DMC of my own choice ( I did use the called for 3012) and VMSS 1795 Halloween Orange.

🧡🤍🧡🤍🧡🤍🧡🤍🧡🤍🧡

I am stitching away on my secret Christmas piece for my exchange partner in our local cross stitch group. We will meet up before Christmas in December, but I want to have it done and completely finished well before then.

Do you take place in gift exchanges? I rather enjoy it. I do have to start early though, since I have quite a few friends I make gifts for Christmas.

If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.  Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.  For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.  When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. Colossians 3: 1-4

I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friends. I am so very glad you came by. It is so nice that you leave me comments over the years. 😘🤗

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





11 comments:

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
your Christmas Ornament for Jakob and Kristen are wonderful. It is a nice gift. Your little pumpkin pillow is very cute.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Donna G. said...

Such a pretty ornament…..and your finishing looks great!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh such beautiful work! I adore how you finish things. Always so pretty. Everyone will be so blessed to receive your lovely gifts. Wishing you an awesome day full of many blessings sweet friend. ((hugs))

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your ornament for Jacob is so pretty! You made outstanding floss color selections!

butterfly said...

What a lovely stitch Vickie.
They will love it.
Love the pumpkin stitch to, hugs June.

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: Your Christmas ornament for Jacob and Kristen is beautiful, your rouching is perfect, Vonna does a wonderful job on her tutorials.
You find the sweetest little ornaments for your shelf; this one is perfect for this time of year.
Thank-you for the link, I had a look.
It is trying to snow here now took the dogs out for a walk at 05:00, not cold just icky.

Have a great weekend.

Catherine

marly said...

I really like this design and your color choice. And over two!! YAY!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on the Christmas Ornament, your ruched ribbon looks amazing! I’ve done it once and got in quite a muddle with the two needles but it did look good at the end.
The pumpkin mini is adorable.
I used to stitch a lot for exchanges and RR but now it’s all for me LOL. I realised I wanted to have a version of everything myself.

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful ornament for your son and his wife! Sweet little pumpkin stitch for your cubby!

Mary's Thread said...

That ornament is beyond gorgeous. I love your colors! Thank you for sharing the freebie, it is cute!

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, you stitched and finished their ornament beautifully! I'm all for changing colours, make it your own.
That is a sweet, little pattern, perfect for your cubby.
I have done exchanges, but it's been a little while. Life gets in the way, but I just need to make time for it.