Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, October 21, 2022

Annie Beez Folk Art Retreat

 Hi friends! Oh the wonderful day our cross stitch group, The CrossStitcherhood had Wednesday at Beatha Ur Farm with Charlie and Sue in gorgeous East Troy! They are beekeepers and they talked to us about their hives and honey, and home. Their 1868 farm home is beyond gorgeous!! Annie Beez Folk Art and her daughter Isabel were our guests for the day.



 Annie has a trunk show that is out now, but she did bring quite a few pieces to show us, including a new one never seen by anyone. Dear, sweet Lisa bought Annie's Redwork Pears for all of us!! I won't be stitching up a pear right away, but I do have fun plans for the pears!

I did not get a lot of stitching done on Wednesday. 😉 Lots of good conversation though!

🍁🐝🍁🐝🍁🐝🍁🐝🍁🐝🍁

I am now stitching on my October monthly piece. 

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  2 Timothy 1:7

Thank you for stopping by today my friends. I am very glad you did. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. It is going to be unseasonably warm here. NICE!

Stitching and praying,

Vickie








11 comments:

butterfly said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day Vickie.

Marilyn said...

That looks like a fun time!
Marilyn

Manuela said...

It looks like a wonderful day.
Have a nice weekend. Manuela

Vicki said...

2 Timothy 1:7... one of my life verses!
What a fun day for your sisterhood and a beautiful place to talk and stitch.

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, thanks for sharing your gathering pictures. I enjoyed reading about it. I am playing catch up on my blog reading. Was gone and then kept busy with my Mom. Have a wonderful weekend!

diamondc said...

Hello Vickie: It looks like all had a wonderful time; the new design is beautiful.
Thank-you for sharing, in these times it feels good to get out and do retreats.

Catherine

http://thankfullga447 said...

I love how stitchers get together and learning about the bees.

Mary's Thread said...

What a lovely time it looks like you all had! I have been getting the stocking series from Annie Baez...I hope to make them next year! Such cute designs from her!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a beautiful place to stay, and such great company too!

Carol said...

How wonderful to have a group of lovely stitchers so close by, Vickie--that retreat looks delightful! Enjoy this last bit of October ♥

Astrids dragon said...

I'm so glad you have a stitching group to have fun with! I always try to bring easy pieces so I can chat more and not have to concentrate too much.
What a lovely pattern, and so true!