Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, October 7, 2022

October Stitches

 Hi friends! 🍁October Cubby Shelf Display🍁 Most of these are all stitched over one. The Native American couple are a new addition to the cubby shelf. They are a freebie pattern. I stitched them with DMC of my own choice two over two on 32ct Aqua linen.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

This is my latest addition to the cubby shelf.

🦃Tom Turkey🦃from The World of Cross Stitching Magazine. Sorry I do not recall which issue. It is from last year though. I printed it off right away, he is so cute! I have a free online issue of the magazine courtesy of our library. 😊👍 I did tweak the colors a bit. I stitched him two over two on 32ct mystery linen. He is perfect for the cubby shelf!

🦃🍁🦃🍁🦃🍁🦃🍁🦃🍁🦃

🦔🍄October Corner Shelf🍄🦔I added different pieces to the corner shelf and took away a few. More autumn vibes. 💛🧡

Now I am going to begin stitching a gift for my friend for the annual Christmas Gift Exchange for our local cross stitch group. We drew names when we all met up in August on our retreat day. 

Next time I will share with you Jacob and Kristen's ornament. I am very pleased with the finish.

 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.  Ephesians 2:10

We are headed back to the Russian Orthodox Church on Sunday for worship. Father Vasyl is going to be back in town to celebrate Liturgy, so Brian and I want to be there. We love Father Vasyl. Had he not left that church to go to another church/state, we would most likely still be at that church. We left because the new priest there barely speaks English.

I hope you have a restful weekend my friends. I thank you for your wonderful comments and wishes on our anniversary.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie





14 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

The new additions to your cubby are adorable, Vickie! Always enjoy seeing it and your corner shelf! Have a wonderful weekend!

Georgia said...

Oh Vickie, I really enjoyed reading your post today, and the pictures of your cubbie and corner shelf. But, I just realized that I missed your Anniversary post, I think I saw it on IG, because I remember the lovely BB stitch. I love the pictures of you and your beautiful family. Thank you for sharing. I know that feeling like a lost lamb, among churches. And, I am glad you have found one you can attend. I am looking forward to seeing the ornaments for your children. Many blessings to you and yours my friend:)

butterfly said...

Your cubby looks wonderful.
So does your Autumn displays.
Have a lovely weekend, hugs June.

Marilyn said...

Your October displays are so pretty!
Marilyn

diamondc said...

Hello Vickie: Your shelf is adorable, I really like the Indian couple so sweet, that turkey is cute.
All your decorations are beautifully arranged.
The candy corn is perfect for the display.
Beautiful scripture.
We have had problems with Priests that do not speak English very well, the solution was to have the Homily printed on paper so all could follow, it was a charm the way it worked.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Catherine

Stasi said...

Vickie, your displays are cute as ever!!!

Ele said...

what a wonderful display! Love your October cubby shelf
I know I am late, but ... happy anniversary!!!
Love

MartinaM said...

Tom Turkey looks cute in his hat and it fits perfectly on your cubby shelf. Where do you keep all your little designs once you've swapped them out?
I particularly like the little hedgehog in your corner shelf.
All the best for you, Hugs Martina

The Primitive Moon said...

Bardzo piękne, różnorodne pracę nawiązujące do jesieni.

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
your shelfs are wonderful. I love your stitching.
Tom Turkey is very cute.
Have a nice week. Manuela

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I always enjoy your cubby display, especially when there is something new to see.
I’m glad you had a chance to meet up with your old priest. I guess the language barrier is a problem when you attend a Russian church! Does most of the congregation speak English? At least it’s not all in Latin I suppose.

Vicki said...

I always look forward to the monthly shelf reveals... the corner and cubby shelves look great!

Mary's Thread said...

Beautiful cubby shelf and corner shelf as always! It must be so gratifying to switch things out and admire your seasonal handiwork!

Astrids dragon said...

Sweet additions to your cubby shelf, the little couple is adorable! I wish the autumn colours would stay longer, the stitched pieces certainly help.