Calendar Poodle SAL

Saturday, October 26, 2019

Summer House Stitch Works

Hi friends! I want to thank you for your sweet words of comfort and condolence on the passing of our little parakeet Winky.

I made a poodle for the Christmas season. This one is on 28ct Cashel Taupe Linen. I found the perfect pattern to use as a focal piece in the 2012 JCS Ornament Issue. This is Yuletide Frost by Summer House Stitch Works. I stitched it and the small tail motif normal, then turned it on it's point once completed. It did make things a bit tricky for the 💓. I had a heck of a time figuring out how to make that turn out correctly, but I did it!💖
I found cute fabric in my stash for the back.
And a picture of the Fall 32ct poodle and 28ct Christmas poodle together!
I received a gift from our friend Stasi. Isn't this little Fall themed needle book so sweet?
Thank you once again Stasi.


Do you enjoy Beverly Lewis books? I love them all!
As the only daughter, Sylvia Miller of The Tinderbox has always held a special place in her Old Order family, one Adeline Pelham jeopardizes when she shows up at the Millers' Hickory Hollow farm. It isn't that Adeline means to be a threat, but her very existence is a reminder of the painful secret that has so recently upended the Miller household. And with Sylvia and her mother still struggling to come to terms with that news, this is a challenging time to welcome an Englisher--especially this Englisher--into their midst. Despite the Millers' unexpected hospitality, Adeline is well aware that she's treading on Sylvia's turf, and she feels guilty about doing so when Sylvia is grappling with issues of her own. Not only is Sylvia trying to rebuild her trust in her father, but she's uncertain what to make of her once-promising engagement to Titus Kauffman, who hasn't pursued her since she confronted him. Adeline wishes she could help Sylvia, but she's not sure that either she or Sylvia is ready for that level of closeness in their relationship. Can God make something good come out of the mistakes of the past? Or does Adeline's arrival mark one too many surprises for the Millers and their Amish community?
Thank you for stopping by today my friends!  I am so glad you did.💗

“But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.” 1 Peter 3:15

Stitching and praying,
Vickie



17 comments:

Barbara said...

So sorry to hear about Winkie and I love your finishes.

MartinaM said...

Your new poodle looks so cute. Now you have two. Surely you also do one for spring and summer. Then you have a little poodle family.
Sweet also the little gift from Stasi.
The book sounds interesting, I have to see if it is synonymous in German.
Have a beautiful Sunday, Martina

butterfly said...

Oh Vickie , such a lovely poodle .
I love what you have made and the Autumn one .
Lovely gift from your friend.
Enjoy your Sunday.

Marilyn said...

The Poodles are too cute.
What a pretty needlebook.
Marilyn

Margaret said...

So sorry about Winky. Our pets hold such special places in our hearts. I love both your poodles! It's fun to see the difference in size between 28 and 32ct.

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, your Christmas poodle looks fabulous. I really like the thread colors you used for the SHSW pattern. Well done! Also, thank you for sharing both of your poodles; it was good to have the visual in size differences. I do like Beverly Lewis and will add this one to my list.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I like the poodles you made, very nice. I am interested in finding out what happened in that book your reading. big hugs

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Awww such sweet little poodle babies. You did a really great job on both of them. :) Wishing you a most lovely day sweet friend. :)

Barb said...

Your little poodle designs are just adorable!

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
another wonderful and very cute poodle.
The little gift is beautiful.
Have a nice new wee my friend.
Manuela

Vicki said...

It is so hard to lose a pet, they become such an important part of our lives and their passing truly leaves a hole in our heart.
Your little poodles are just precious!

diamondc said...

Vickie: I totally love the new poodle stitch, they look perfect together.
I hope it gets easier for your loss.
What a lovely gift from Stasi.

Catherine

Linda said...

Congrats on the super cute finishes Vickie.

Linda

Honeybee said...

Aw, I'm so sorry about Winky. I had parakeets when I was a kid. They're so cheerful.

Carol said...

I'm hoping that your heart is healing after the loss of Winky, Vickie. He was such a pretty bird. Do you think Madeleine will get a new bird after a while?

Your newest poodle is so cute--great job on figuring out the heart, too. Enjoy that sweet gift from Stasi :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The poodles look great together. I agree with Martina, we need a family of poodles now!

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, what a sweet companion for your first poodle. I'm sure you'll have a pack of poodles in no time!
What a lovely gift from Stasi, perfect for the fall.