Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, October 4, 2019

💗

Hi friends!
Yesterday was our 27th wedding anniversary. I gave this to Brian.
The Thread That Binds by Mosey N Me. Stitched as called for: over two threads with one thread on 40ct New Castle Cream with the called for Weeks Dyed Works, except I used VMSS 1795 Tarnished Gold instead of Fawn. With our friend Stasi"s permission, I used her adaption of the chart. She loaned me the chart!!💗 Thank you once again Stasi! Brian loves this gift! He was so touched, he almost cried.😮

“If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13

Stitching and praying,
Vickie



20 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh Vickie, what a beautiful piece you stitched for your gift to Brian for your anniversary! Love the verse in this one! Way to go! Wishing you and Brian a beautiful anniversary year with many more to come.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

So beautiful. Happy Anniversary to you and Brian. May the years ahead bring you closer and closer and may Love always be the first and last word you hear from each other every single day. His blessings forever upon your both. ((hugs))

Linda said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you Vickie. What an awesome gift.

Linda

Honeybee said...

What a beautiful gift!

Carol said...

This is just perfect, Vickie--and how sweet of Stasi to lend you her chart with her adaptations. I can see why it meant so much to Brian! Wishing you two many more "happy anniversaries!" ♥♥♥

Purple Pixie Dust said...

What can I say but mirror the thoughts of everyone above. Wishing for many more years of happiness for you both. big hugs to you both.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

It's just lovely Vickie, I used to love Mosey N Me designs - they are unique.

Meg said...

Happy anniversary, Vickie! Such a beautiful stitch to commemorate the occasion.

Barb said...

What a wonderful gift for Brian and a very Happy Anniversary to you both! You also quoted on of my favorite Bible verses!

marly said...

What a beautiful stitch. Happy anniversary to you both!

MartinaM said...

My congratulations on the wedding day, a very nice gift for Brian. He was certainly very happy.
Thank you very much for this beautiful verse, I loved reading it.
Have a nice weekend,
Martina

Marilyn said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
What a graat gift.
Have a great weekend!
Marilyn

Manuela said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Brain. I hope you have a wonderful day together.
A great gift for Brain.
Have a nice weekend and a big Hugs Manuela

moreofhim said...

Happy Anniversary, Vickie!! That is such a beautiful gift for your Brian and I can understand why he was so touched.

Blessings - Julie

Vicki said...

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful gift for Brian.

Sweet Sue said...

wow vickie, so special is that gift for your beloved! happy anni to you both, and enough love to keep you warm another 27 yrs:)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Anniversary! That is the perfect sampler for a stitcher and her true love!

diamondc said...

Vickie: Happy Anniversary to you and Brian, congratulations.
Beautiful Sampler, the colors are perfect as are the words.
The Scripture you chose is beautiful.

Hugs
Catherine

Mary's Thread said...

Happy Anniversary, Vickie! That sampler is so sweet and perfect for you! May God grant you many more years of happiness together!

Astrids dragon said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! Such a lovely piece, no wonder it touched Brian. I think we had part of that verse read at our wedding, the perfect piece for an anniversary too. Much love to you both.