Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Queen of the Needle and Boss of the Floss

Hi friends! Did you wonder what happened to the sampler I designed? I finished it over two weeks ago!
I wanted a special frame for it, and it is 10x7. So I ordered an antique frame from the 1940's I found from Denmark! Complete with convex glass❣️I stitched this one over two with DMC and VMSS on 40ct Antique White linen.


I had three ladies enter the giveaway for the 'Soul Birds' La-D-Da chart.

The winner is: Donna!

Our friend Catherine sent me several patterns just because! Aren't they sweet?! So sweet of her!! Thank you once again Catherine!

I went to my first ever Stitch 'n Chat! It won't be my last either! I met the famous Barb and Leanne of  Lost In Floss Flosstube fame and MamaJoan from Flosstube also. Joan and Jill drove all the way from Minnesota! to be with us!! A lot of ladies drove quite a distance (nothing like Minnesota!) to come stitch that night! It was wonderful. I was so happy to finally stitch with other friends. I have never done that before!
Well two more The Cat Who books! The Cat Who Had 60 Whiskers is the last book that Lilian wrote in completion. I will say I read it expecting it to be as good as all the others, why ever would it not be?? It was not. Not at all. She lived to be 97!  Maybe she finally lost her touch? She was in the middle of writing The Cat Who Smelled Smoke  when she died. She told her husband her biggest regret was not finishing the book!😢

When a wealthy couple dies, Jim Qwilleran and his cats, Koko and Yum Yum, must follow the case to its explosive conclusion in this mystery in the bestselling Cat Who series. The town of Pickax is buzzing with excitement: its residents are about to celebrate the 150th anniversary of its founding. But in the midst of all the preparations, Qwill has to take time out to entertain aspiring architect Harvey Ledfield—and deal with Koko’s strange new habit. Because the Siamese star has started dropping from balconies and landing in the oddest of places, including on Harvey’s head! And now that Harvey’s aunt and uncle have mysteriously gone missing, Qwill better brush up on his paw language before Pickax is hit with a bombshell...

In this New York Times bestselling mystery in the Cat Who series, Jim Qwilleran and his Siamese cats, Koko and Yum Yum, sense that trouble is brewing in their small town... Times are a-changin’ in Pickax, giving Jim Qwilleran some newsworthy notes for the “Qwill Pen.” A new senior center is in the works—as well as a frisky production of Cats. And a local mansion is being converted into a charitable museum. Good thing there’s lots to keep Qwill busy because Polly Duncan is off to Paris, temporarily leaving him without his lady companion. But when a mysterious death from a bee sting leaves everyone but Koko the Siamese in a state of confusion, the kitty with sixty whiskers will need to stop pussyfooting around and let Qwill in on the deadly secret...
Thank you for stopping by today. I really wanted to share my big finish with you! I hope you have a great weekend my friends!

“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18

Stitching and praying,
Vickie



19 comments:

moreofhim said...

Your sampler is just perfect, Vickie, and I love the frame! You design beautiful things.

I'm so glad you got to get together to stitch. Sounds like wonderful fun!

Blessings - Julie

marly said...

Lovely finish and frame Vickie. I thought your stitching meet would be enjoyable, so glad you all had a great time.

butterfly said...

Lovely frame for your lovely stitching .
It's always nice to stitch with others , you see and learn so much that's why I started my own club , I love to meet up with others and some ladies it's their only night out .

Marilyn said...

Your Sampler turned out so cute.
Gotta love that little Poodle!
Your get together looks like fun, where did you meat?
Marilyn

Stasi said...

What a great turnout! Your sampler is spot on for you!

Vicki said...

Your finish looks great, love the frame! I'm glad your first 'stitching with friends' was a success. I knew you'd have fun!

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finish Vickie. Your sampler is beautiful. How fun to meet up with fellow stitchers.

Linda

Barb said...

Your sampler is absolutely delightful!! You must be very proud! Looks like such a fun evening of stitching!

MartinaM said...

Your sampler has become great, the frame fits perfectly.
Yes, such meetings are simply priceless, and they are good for the soul. Enjoy them as often as you can.
Hugs Martina

Manuela said...

Your Sampler looks gorgeous and the frame is perfect.
I'm so glad for you, that you have enjoyed the meeting with all the stitching friends.
Have a nice weekend. Manuela

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Love your sampler you designed. It's beautiful. The frame is perfect, too. So glad you had a good time at your stitchy meet up. :) Wishing you a lovely day Miss Boss of Floss. ((hugs))

diamondc said...

Vickie: I am so happy you like the patterns.
Congratulations to Donna.
I am so happy you were able have a stitching get together
I have met Mama Joan, she is such a sweet lady, an excellent stitcher.

Catherine

Donna G. said...

So excited about winning the La-D-Da pattern. She is one of my favorite designers. The sampler you designed is such a sweet piece. Do you have plans for another?

Astrids dragon said...

I love, love, love your sampler! It's perfect for you, you created a beautiful design!
Yay for Donna, and for you too for receiving such sweet charts.
I'm thrilled that you had such a good time stitching with friends, I hope you get to do it again soon! Warning... it can be addictive!
One of these days I hope to read all of her books, was there anyone to finish her last one?

Robin in Virginia said...

Your sampler turned out fabulous and I love the frame you found for it, Vickie! I am thrilled that you had a wonderful stitch gathering. I hope it is something that will happen frequently. It is great fun being able to sit, chat, and stitch with like minded friends.

Margaret said...

I do love how your design came out. It's so you! Perfect, and the frame is beautiful too! So glad you got to have a stitch night with friends. Once upon a time, I used to have a stitch group, and it was always nice to get together. Yay!

Meg said...

Hi, Vickie! Getting caught up on blog reading today. Congratulations to Donna on winning the giveaway! 💕

That was very sweet of Catherine to send you those lovely charts. Have fun! They are wonderful.

My prayers are with Jim and Julie. It's so hard to get hard news, and adjusting to a "new normal" is not easy. Have faith. God is good.

I'm so happy for your that you were able to meet new friends and stitch. That sounds like fun! I hope you have many more opportunities.

Meg said...

I forgot to mention - your sampler looks wonderful! What a neat frame!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The sampler looks lovely, there aren't enough samplers with poodles in them!

What a great meet-up too, so nice to be with like-minded people.