Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, April 28, 2017

🏵️

Hi friends! I have been doing my overall stitching this week.(If you don't know what I am talking about CLICK HERE). I have 3 1/2 signatures completed. ONLY 27 1/2 to go!!!!! 😲 I am not going to bore you to death with these signatures. These are the two completed this week.
This one was almost done. Just needed another hours work.
Guess what? I have been working on some other "sewing projects for family". Isn't that great? 😶 Yes, it is true. My MIL asked me to repair old Victorian beaded purses she got while on vacation in Florida. I finally finished the last one. I had do some work on the linings and mostly it was work on the beading. I can only find pictures of three of the four. Oh well.
I finished reading Jane and His Lordship's Legacy by Stephanie Barron. This is another book in the Jane Austen Mysteries series. What a good book. I love this series. It tells you so much about the real Jane. I really like historical fiction. Do you? This book had nice little plot twists.

It's with a heavy heart that Jane Austen takes up a new residence at Chawton Cottage in Hampshire. Secretly mourning the lost love of her life, she's stunned to learn that the late Lord Harold Trowbridge has made her heir to an extraordinary bequest: a Bengal chest filled with his diaries, letters, and most intimate correspondence. From these, Jane is expected to write a memoir of the Gentleman Rogue for posterity. But before she can put pen to paper on this labor of love, she discovers a corpse in the cellar of her new home.

The dead man was a common laborer, and a subsequent coroner's examination shows he was murdered elsewhere and transported to Chawton Cottage. Suddenly Jane and her family are thrust into the center of a brewing scandal in this provincial village that doesn't take kindly to outsiders in general—and to Austens in particular.

And just as Jane glimpses a connection between the murder and the shattering truth concealed somewhere in Lord Harold's papers, violent death strikes yet another unsuspecting vicitim. Suddenly there are suspects and motives everywhere Jane looks—local burglaries, thwarted passions, would-be knights, and members of the royal family itself who want Lord Harold hushed . . . even in death. As the tale of one man's illustrious life unfolds—a life that runs a parallel course to the history of two continents—Jane races against time to catch a cunning killer before more innocent lives are taken. But her determination to protect Lord Harold's legacy could exact the costliest price of all: her own life.

This message is for Sara of Copper Fox. I am leaving you comments! I have never stopped. I don't know if they are getting through to you and if you are seeing them?

Well, back to stitching my brother's bluegrass bibs.

I am having a giveaway if you missed that fact. Check out my last post for the details.

Have a super weekend my friends! I am so glad you stopped by.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie




22 comments:

gracie said...

Those jeans will be terrific when finished. Great beaded bags. Have a great weekend.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Meticulous work on the signatures..those are going to be so cool!
Love the beaded Victorian purses...you are a lady of many talents. Have a good weekend!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

You are in awesome Sister! :) Wishing you a most lovely day sweet friend. :)

Annie said...

The jeans project actually looks like fun to me. I love straight embroidery. Just not sure if the thickness of the fabric would be a pain. The finish will really be priceless.

Beautiful beaded bags. One of my great aunts used to make and sell those when she was young. Reminds me of her.

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow, on both overalls and the beaded purses. Have an enjoyable weekend!

cucki said...

Wow wow wow
Love the jeans and beaded bags are super cute
Sending you big beary hugs x

Linda said...

The jeans and purses look great Vickie.

Linda

Lili said...

Lovely work on the signatures!!
How cool that beaded purses!!

Happy weekend!

Manuela said...

The beaded purses are great.
Happy Weekend.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Another two signatures done:) they look awesome.The beaded purses are pretty.Hope you get some of your stitching in,too

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on the signatures. The beaded bags are gorgeous, especially the blue one like waves!

RJ said...

Vickie, you are doing such great work on both the overalls and the beautiful beaded purses. Your family is so lucky to have you. RJ

Jenny said...

Hi Vickie...

The overalls are looking great! This will be a work of art when you are finished! So many hours of work! And the beaded purses are beautiful! Wow that was very meticulous work...I know I couldn't have done that! You are truly amazing my friend...truly!

Sending lots of hugs and love and I hope you have a good weekend! I love these Jane mysteries and have actually read quite a few! I love historical fiction...

diamondc said...

Hi Vickie: I am so happy you are sewing and stitching, it was a little cool here today, I hope it warms up soon.
It is a good day to stay inside and stitch.

Blessings
Catherine

Angela Tucker said...

Don't feel bad...I've been working on my son's quilt for THREE years! LOL Oh wait, almost four.

I am in love with those purses! Can you imagine being so well-dressed that you MUST have a purse like that? I know that none of them would go with my jeans and t-shirts, but they are so pretty!

Have a wonderful weekend, sweet Vickie.

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous work on repairing the beaded bags - I love them! Thanks for the reminder about Stephanie Barron - I am going to see if she is on Audible, I think that they would make great audio books.

Carolien said...

You did a great job! Sorry ... jobssss ;)

Hugs, Carolien

Cindy's Stitching said...

The beaded bags are just beautiful.

Carol said...

Oh, those beaded bags are fabulous! How nice of you to refurbish them for your MIL, Vickie. I'm sure it is very time-consuming work! As is the autograph project--I'll bet sewing on denim is hard on your fingers...

Happy May to you!

laceystitcher said...

Wow! You must love your brother a lot to take on that kind of project, but it is something that you just do, isn't it? The beading on the bags was not the normal project either - I bet your MIL and your brother will be such happy campers when they get their projects! The Jane Austen series sounds so good; I will need to check that one out when I finish the Maisie Dobbs series. My library has to send off to other libraries for the books, so I have to wait on them, but I now have two out of the three ordered but the next one to read in the one that hasn't come. Go figure. LOL Happy stitching and have a blessed week.

Stasi said...

I just love the overall idea and it will be quite unique when completed! The beaded bags are lovely; glad you could help "save" them!

Julie said...

Wonderful beaded purses, such treasures.