Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, September 18, 2015

Miss Mabel

Hi friends! I finished stitching up Mabel. I just need to find two frames that match and fit! You knew I was going to stitch up Henry also, didn't you?!
This is stitched two over two with DMC on 28ct Bo Peep Pink Cashel Zweigart linen.
 I took a few different pictures in different lighting, hoping you could see the pale pink of the linen. I have a pale blue linen picked out to stitch Henry on. It is Dresden Blue Meran linen.
I did change a few things on this pattern besides the DMC colors. I gave her a smaller muzzle and filled her ears out just a tiny bit more, as I am not adding in the bows the pattern shows. I also am not stitching up the border or name underneath.
Did you ever take on a needlework project someone else asked you to do? And you KNEW WITHOUT A DOUBT you would not like doing it?! And because it was your baby brother asking you to do it, and he thinks you can do anything needlework related, you said yes?! AAAHHH! That is where I am at. Jonathan asked me to embroider over all the signatures he has collected from various bluegrass artists over several years. These signatures are in black sharpie ON HIS DENIM OVERALLS! Help! I knew this would be a time suck, but not this bad. I had put the overalls aside for a month and a half. Never touching them. I have begun. No way I can work on this straight without cross stitch relief in between. It took me one hour to embroider "Leigh"! I didn't even start the last name yet. I need to change the subject before I have a melt down here.

This is the sweet freebie I stitched up two weeks ago. I stitched her one over one one 27ct mystery natural linen. I call it the pink pots girl. BECAUSE, Madeleine waters my pink windowsill pots for me. And I know Madeleine is 17 years old, but it just makes me think of her and I love it! You can find this freebie HERE.
Precious, isn't it? I have not finished her off yet, as I am still undecided. I have this wooden display shelf. One of those knick knack things with lots of cubicles, or tiny square and rectangular openings. I had thought to make many smalls up and display them within. Like I am sure you have seen done with printer's trays. I do not know if I still desire to do this. I have one large, open wall in the kitchen. It is to be my sampler wall. That has been the plan since we moved into this home over seven years ago. It is still blank. Well my stitched Mabel and Henry are going there. I have all the patterns for BBD Anniversaries of the Heart and the linen. And no, I have never even begun them! That is real big when stitched together and framed as one big sampler. That is to go on that wall too. The wooden shelf thing won't work there then. And I don't think I have anywhere else in the house for it. Until kids move out. HA! Nothing like thinking way ahead, huh?

I hope you have a beautiful weekend my friends! Oh, by the way, Mabel continues to do well. She uses three legs mainly, but seems to be recovering very well. ♥

Stitching and praying,
Vickie
Mabel aka Toots, Babes and Pretty


30 comments:

Dotty's Daughter said...

Beautiful Mabel , and the stitching too. Xxx

Justine said...

Your Mabel looks like the real thing! Glad to hear she is doing well. That denim project for your brother sounds awful. It's a great idea but too much hard work. Could you do it on a machine?

faith76 said...

Beautiful stitching and adore the pink pots girl xxx Hope Mabel recovers well xxx

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning, Vickie! Glad to hear that Mabel is doing a bit better. Your portrait of Mabel is very close to the real thing. You have an eye for color and shading.

I think it is very sweet that your brother asked you to do this project for him. Is there nothing that a big sister would not do for a baby brother? LOL Have a great weekend!

Mii Stitch said...

Your Mabel little finish is so precious! So cute!

Irmeli said...

Mabel looks wonderful and little girl is sweet too.

Varla Lee said...

Awww!! So cute Mabel & the cross stitch Miss Mabel ^_^

Christina said...

Great job stitching Mabel. I'm sorry your embroidery project is upsetting you. I could handle the embroidery, just not the denim. The little girl is so cute. I was just going through my stash looking at projects that I have been wanting to do for years. *sigh*. Have a great weekend.

gracie said...

Mabel piece is wonderful. I have confidence in you, you will get Jonathan's project completed.

Ranae said...

Two cute pieces, you can do the overalls and the BBD, we are your cheerleaders, lol. Have a nice weekend
Ranae

Unknown said...

Mabel is wonderful you have succeeded , as you Spiegelbild..smile..eine so nice idea of ​​yours and reacted once great. I'm curious about the frame . The freebie that you have started and I know it was even longer times embroider but as is so wheresoever hernehmen all the time , oh the days are just too short for us , the queens of the needles ..
Umame you away from far
Greetings Sandra

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Your second picture shows the delicate pink of the fabric,Vickie.It is alovely finish.
So glad Mabel is doing well.It is handy to have three legs when the fourth is out of action.
Hope you have good weekend.

butterfly said...


I love your stitching of Mabel and the little girl so sweet thanks .

Honeybee said...

Your stitched Mabel turned out *almost* as cute as real Miss Mabel! :O)

Manuela said...

Mable looks very cute.
Lovely finish.
Greetings, Manuela

Beth said...

You did a wonderful job translating the pattern to make it Mabelish!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great Mabel finish, it really does resemble her and you can see the fabric colour in the second photo.
Love the little girl with the watering can, thanks for the link too. There are some very sweet freebies there.

stitchersanon said...

Mabel looks wonderful. Perfect xx

Stitching Noni said...

Oh, I love your Mabel. She looks so like the real one :o) Can't wait to see Henry all stitched up to match! Great to hear the Mabel is doing well :o)
Thank you for the link to that gorgeous little girl.... I think she is absolutely adorable!
I can so feel your pain stitching all those autographs.... goodness what a massive task you have ahead of you - somewhere you will find the energy to finish it as it's for your baby brother :o)
Happy Weekend!
Hugs xx

Barbara said...

Evening Vickie, the picture of Mabel is so precious! Can't wait to see Henry's. I know what you mea n about projects.....I have to do 16 project bags till next Saturday.

Hugs

Weronika said...

You've done wonderful work! I also stuck on a ordered pattern. I just don't "feel" it and that's why it is going so slowly, so I understand you.

gominam said...

congrats on the lovely Mabel stitching. Your brother's request was hilarious, but sweet as you are you'll do it til the last stitch, how many names are there? hahaha.

Michelle said...

Lovely post Vickie hope you are keeping well x

Sarah in Stitches said...

Your stitched Mabel looks so sweet! Good luck with your brother's project :D

Lumiruusu said...

Both Mabel The Poodle and freebie of Madeleine are so very beautifully stitched..and there were some other lovely freebies in the blog you linked ! allways rememberng you in my prayers!

Carolien said...

Hello Vickie,

Mabel and the pink pots girl are so nice!!!
Wow, that denim project is something ... good luck!

Have a great week, dear friend.
Waves across the ocean, Carolien

Margaret said...

Mabel is wonderful!!!! Wow! Can't wait to see Henry! I'm sorry about the project your brother has given you. Yes, I've done that sort of thing too and been totally discouraged while doing it. Sigh. I hope it gets easier as you go -- sometimes that can happen?? I hope! Love your Madeleine stitch! I get what you're saying on that too. Do you know I still dream of my kids as kids? Rarely do I dream of them at the age they are now. Weird, huh? :D

Carol said...

So happy to read that Mabel is doing better--I just love her stitched portrait :)

Brigitte said...

Littlre Mabel looks just great, sitting on that pink piece of carpet. And it will be so special when she goes onto your wall in the kitchen together with Henry.
Love that sweet little girl with the watering ca, have to go to the site and look what else they have. Thanks for the link.

Maggee said...

You captured your Mabel perfectly in that stitched piece, and I look forward to seeing the two framed -- eventually! Mabel has such an expressive face. Good luck stitching those signatures... ugh! And on denim... ouch! I don't hem hubby's jeans anymore because it is too difficult! Love Pink Pots to remind you of Madeleine... as if you need any reminders, but... still, very nice! Hugs!