Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, July 18, 2016

Jenny

Hi friends! I am happy to say that Jenny has received my package and I can now share with you what I have been up to lately. :)

Our sweet friend Jenny has been battling breast cancer for over one year now. She is about to start another round of chemotherapy. I made her a little healing garden. She and I both love our flowers. We are finding it hard to get out into our gardens at this time, me just from my headaches. Maybe you recall this little freebie pattern I stitched up several months ago? Well I finished it off into a pincushion for Jenny.
This sweet, little free pattern can be found right HERE, along with many other freebies. I admit that this was a hard finish for me to give away! I truly love the way this turned out on the pale blue linen. The precious backing fabric from Carolien makes it special. I am glad it is Jenny's now. :)
I also worked on two more pieces last week. One for Jenny and one for me. They are the same except that hers is stitched two over two on 32ct lambswool linen and mine is stitched one over one on 28 ct lambswool linen.
When I found this pattern I fell in love with it. Not in an "aww, that's cute, a BFF kind of thing". No, for me, being a Christian, I instantly thought of how wonderful it is to truly have that.  Friendship that WILL last forever. If we are friends here, it is only just the beginning. The start. The warming up of the friendship! A friend for all of eternity.
This free pattern is from The Nebby Needle  and you can find it right HERE.
I did use all DMC, most of my own choosing. I kept the pigtails for myself, as charted. ha! What do you think?!

My friends, if you would like to give a few words of encouragement to Jenny, say hi, or offer to pray for her, CLICK RIGHT HERE and you will be in direct contact with her. :) I would GREATLY appreciate this. I know she would also.

I am almost done stitching up a little July piece. It is done with all metallic threads. It certainly takes longer that way!! I will be back next time to share this one with you.
Have a super week my friends!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

32 comments:

Unknown said...

Such sweet finishes you cushion and ornaments are so lovely. Wonderful flowers and tomatoes, we have an abundance of tomatoes this year, our first time growing them.

Manuela said...

Wonderful finishes. I love the little flower cushion. I have stitched it, too.
Have a nice week.

Linda said...

Congrats on the super cute finishes Vickie. Sending hugs and happy thoughts to you and Jenny.

Linda

Lumiruusu said...

All the finished you did are super pretty .you really master the over one thread stitching....Always praying for you !

Annie said...

Very cute pieces for your friend. I'm sure she will appreciate them. Those little tokens of friendship often have so much more meaning than other gifts.

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely pieces you created for Jenny! I love your plant pictures. What is the name of the plant in the picture above your cherry tomatoes? Thinking of you!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

What a truly thoughtful love gift you created for Jenny. Now every time she see's it, it will be like getting a hug from you. Your stitching and finishes are always so lovely. Blessings sweet friend. :)

Von said...

What a sweet project for your friend! Such joy to know we have friendships that will truly be forever!

Barb said...

Lovely stitching and such pretty flowers. I will say a prayer for Jenny.

Jenny said...

Oh Vickie, Thank you so much again for these beautiful gifts! I truly love them! I have placed them in a special place so I will see them often during the day and then think of you :) I love your flowers too....Sending hugs your way!

Lillie said...

Lovely gifts and thoughtful. Thanks for the link to Nebby Needle.
Your flowers are so pretty. Thanks for sharing them

moreofhim said...

Oh, Vickie, what a lovely gift!! You are so sweet to think of others!! You're a real friend and a blessing.

Blessings - Julie

Annette-California said...

You are precious! Love all 3 pieces you stitched. Oh she must have been so surprised. Lovely garden and all those veggies. We here have lots also. Love Annette

butterfly said...

Another lovely post today Vickie .
Beautiful stitching and lovely flowers , you are a true giver my sweet friend .

Willy said...

Hej Vickie, what a lovely and special gift to Jenny.

Chris said...

What a lovely post. Thank you for sharing Jenny's story.

Mii Stitch said...

Very sweet little makes for your friend, I'm sure she will be thrilled with them.

Carolien said...

Hi Vickie,

We have been painting and painting ... so it is high time to admire your stitches, at last! Your pincushion for Jenny is so lovely and how sweet you used my fabric for the back :) Do you want another part of it for your quilt? There's more left here you know ... Let me know :)
Your friendship stitches are cute too. It's all so sweet!

Hugs from your Dutch friend across the ocean, who is getting almost there ... we decided that it is nearly done for this holiday, hurray! Some time off, hopefully some stitches ...

Have a good day!
Love, Carolien

Cathy said...

Lovely stitching. Your flowers are beautiful. we hope to make up to Wisconsin next summer on a cheese tour. My hubby thinks he may want to make some cheese. lol

CJ

Meari said...

Beautiful stitching, I'm a bit envious of your ripening tomatoes... I have lots of green ones but no red, yet.

Unknown said...

Dearest Vickie,
what you're a wonderful friend! have worked Fantastic how loving you gifts, carefully selected and processed wonderful. I pray for your friend and wish her all the best and a lot of power. Also wish you I continue to get well soon!
Your Sandra

Thoeria said...

Such lovely sweet finishes for a dear friend, Vickie :)

Ele said...

Lovely stitching and flowers
All the best to your friend, will keep her in my thoughts

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

They are both so adorable! I love the little garden of flowers, such a pretty design. I am sure your friend was delighted with both presents and your kind thoughts and prayers too.
Love the poodle charm!

Sarah in Stitches said...

This is so sweet of you! I'm sure Jenny loves them. I absolutely adore the fabric you used to finish Friends Forever!

gominam said...

That's so sweet, love the pattern. Sending prayers for her. Love the flower photos too.

Penny said...

Some sweet finishes, Vickie! Your stitches are always perfect. Beautiful flowers - I would love to have those tomatoes growing in my garden. : )

Carol said...

Your gifts for Jenny are so sweet and thoughtful, Vickie--I'm sure they brought a big smile when she opened your package :)

Our tomatoes are about the same as yours--if we don't get some rain soon, though, I fear our garden won't survive. It is unbelievably hot and dry this summer!

Bea said...

Lovely gifts for Jenny! I'm sure she loves them and that your thoughtfulness encourages her.

Justine said...

Beautiful gifts Vickie, your finishing is so neat! I'm sure they will be treasured.

Maggee said...

You are such a thoughtful friend! I am sure Jenny was appreciative! Your garden is growing great! Beautiful flowers! There is so much heat around the nation, many people are not reaping the fruits and veggies they usually do! Hugs!

Brigitte said...

These are two wonderful little gifts for Jenny. I love the healing pillow decorated with flowers and the friendship piece looks gorgeous. Just wonderful.