Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. Philippians 2:3-4

Saturday, February 25, 2012

The French Knot Poodle

Happy Saturday everyone!
Hope it's filled with stitching. :)


French Knot Poodle


 I made this little french knot poodle two years ago.  It hangs in our hallway.    I made it to look like our Mabel of course.  I used various grey dmc threads and tweeded a bit to try and match her shading.  She was born black and keep turning lighter and lighter grey slowly.  She even has a few touches of silver to her.   I framed it in a silver 6x6 frame.



Mabel :)

And here she is soaking up the sun.  This picture was taken this month by my thirteen year old daughter Madeleine.

Today  I will not be stitching until I do finishing first.  I must force myself on the finishing part sometimes.  I like to take a little while to think on how to finish a stitched piece off.  I will finally have a small Christmas themed pillow done today.  Then I will be finishing a scissor fob for myself.  I do not have one.  I made one before, that was a gift for my friend Ruth.

While I work on finishing I will be thinking about what to start next.  I am considering a new craft to me.  Or I have a sewing project that is waiting.  Always something right? :)


13 comments:

cucki said...

aww such a sweet FK poodle..i love him so much..
aww Mabel is so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeee
big hugs for you and mabel xx

butterfly said...

Hello Sweetie, ,Oh I love Mabel she is so sweet and your stitching is fantastic.
I have been getting two finishings done for the end of the month, This month has gone way to fast for me.
Enjoy your weekend, have fun.

Theresa said...

Wow~ That french knot poodle is amazing!!! And it does look like your Mabel~ She is adorable!!

Ruth said...

I just love your French Knot Poodle and it is so like Mabel. What a wonderful picture of Mabel that is that Madeleine took. I just love my fob Vickie and it hangs proudly from my scissors in my scissors holder. :)

Shirlee said...

Mabel is so cute! Oh my! All those French knots! You're a better woman than I am : ) Blessings, Shirlee

Krista said...

Mabel is so sweet! The french knot poodle came out great :)

Nicola said...

I love both your poodles. Wishing you a good weekend..

Nancy said...

Beautiful french-knot poodle! I cannot image making all those french knots, you did a great job!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

I can't imagine doing all those french knots. Mine always look so googly! Love the pic your daughter took - very sweet, indeed!

Myra said...

Hi Vickie! What a sweet furbaby and WOW! Look at all those french knots. You did a great job on that. Thanks for visiting my blog and letting me know about yours. Have a great week!

Lillie said...

Wow! She's a beauty! I mean both the framed piece and your furbaby.LOL

You did a fantastic job with the french knots.
Have a great week!

Faye said...

Isn't Mabel the cutest??? I just love the French knot piece!!!

Nice blog by the way....

Take care, Faye

riona said...

Just visited your blog for the first time ... must say I will definitely be back. I particularly liked your small Assisi embroidery piece ... that's one style of embroidery I still haven't tried. In any case, welcome to the blogging world.