Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, January 26, 2024

🖤January Celebration🖤

 Hi friends! Here is the ❄️January Cubby Shelf Display❄️ Better late than never!

Almost all of these are stitched over one.

Isn't this precious? 

Madeleine went to an antique store and found this antique, handmade miniature chair with the little cat that feels like it is lead. 

Well I fell in love with this chair.😍 So of course I asked Emerson, our carpenter son, if he could please make me one also? What a son❣️ And yes, I asked for a lighter stain. 

I went through my fabric stash, and decided on this antique poodle fabric. Of course MY chair has a vintage poodle on it. 😁

🖤January Celebration🖤by Blackbird Designs
I have been wanting to stitching this pattern for many years. This design can be found in A Fine Collection by BBD. Thank you Gracie!
I finally decided, THIS IS THE YEAR! I mean really! It is not a big pattern! I am SO very glad I got it done. I LOVE it! I did not have the called for 28ct black Jobelan, but used 25ct black evenweave from my stash. So my heart is a little bit bigger. I used two of the called for colors and changed two, because I used everything I had on hand. The only thing I had to buy for this was the black glass head pins.
I finished mine a bit differently than the directions call for. I lined my heart with black interfacing and stuffed it with wood shavings. I really like using them for a nice firm stuffing. And they are free for me! Ha! Emerson is a carpenter. 😉😊Anyhow, this is my first finish for the year. This will not be my last finish from this BBD book!
🖤🤩🖤🤩🖤🤩🖤🤩🖤🤩🖤
I am stitching on my God Bless America Sampler now.












📚🎧I have loved every, single book by Heather Morris. Let me start by saying that. This novel is based on the true story of two sisters and Australian Army nurses who survived a deadly attack by the Japanese on their merchant ships during WWII. They swim to the shore of Sumatra, and are taken by the Japanese and put in POW camps where they remain for the next 3 years and 7 months. Not all of them survive. It is a true story and heartbreaking, yet inspirational. I actually cried, which I usually do not. I listened to the audio version. I highly recommend it, as one nurse has extreme musical talent, and the vocal orchestra she created can be heard.
This is the day the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalm 118:24

I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friends! Thank you for stopping by today. 

Stitching and praying,
Vickie




9 comments:

MartinaM said...

How nice to hear from you.
I already admired the little chair with the cat on Insta, a great gift. Your son has great talent, how beautiful the chair turned out.
The heart of BBD is also great.
I wish you a nice weekend,
Martina

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie
the chairs with the cat and the dog are beautiful. Good Job from your son to make another chair.
I like your heart. BBD is one of my favourte Designer.
Have a nice weekend. Manuela

Marilyn said...

As always, the cubby is too cute.
That little chair is awesome, what a great find & your son did well with making another.
Have a wonderful weekend!
We are melting! YAY!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the chair Emerson recreated for you, Vickie! Great looking January cubby and heart pillow. Enjoy your Friday and the weekend!

Stasi said...

You're off to a good start with your first 2024 finish.
I like using saw dust too; it really does pack well and make for a nice feel.
Have a great weekend!

Carol said...

Oh, Emerson did a wonderful job on that little chair, Vickie! He should make those and sell them :) The black heart finish is very dramatic! And your cubby looks great--you are running out of room for January :) Will definitely check out the book--thank you! Have a wonderful Sunday ♥

Jackie's Stitches said...

What sweet gifts from Madeline and Emerson!

I keep meaning to look for black interfacing! Is it hard to find in the correct weight? You black BBD heart is SO cute!

diamondc said...

Hello Vickie: Love the chair you are so Blessed to have a carpenter son, the chairs are adorable, the one he made looks like the one Madeleine found.
The heart is beautiful, the black fabric id perfect for this design.
Sisters Under The Rising Sun is on my book clubs list this year.
Have a great day.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love that little chair, just perfect for your china poodle! If I had a carpenter for a son I would have him make things for me all the time too!
Love your black heart, so beautifully stitched and finished too.
It's always a pleasure to see the monthly cubby display as well.