Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, September 1, 2023

Spring Green

 Hi friends! I have some fun events to share with you all. 😁 


💕These ladies right here, are my wonderful friends.💕 

We are The Cross Stitcherhood and we gathered together on August 24th to honor our friend Leanne, on her birthday. That was our second Leanne's Legacy Retreat Day. We shared our finishes with each other, also unloaded our stash with each other, played a game 👶, and stitched, ate and laughed all day.

🩰La Pirouette was my new start on LEANNE'S BIRTHDAY. 

I found this pattern for free online in the Antique Pattern Library. We all started new pieces to honor Leanne.💕 Why tic tacs? I might be addicted to eating them while I stitch.🙃

🚗Road Trip with Brian last Saturday! In the car stitching project: Spring Green, from Ooh la la by BBD. 

I am still stitching on this. I am almost done now. I should finish it this weekend. Stitching goes slower these days because of Flossie.

The first stop on our road trip was Lynn's of Madison, where I bought these six flosses.

 The three on the left for a BBD project and the three on the right for "Flossie colors". Do you like my "Flossie Card"? 😉 We stopped for lunch in Spring Green and then.... The Country Sampler.


My purchases from Country Sampler. A beautiful tote bag, Vintage Country Mocha linen for a project with a few of the needed flosses and two more "Flossie Colors". The last picture is from the bargain basement. Did you know they had a basement at the Country Sampler with discounted items? I bought The Primitive Hare's 2022 Cross Stitch Calendar and a paper mache box. 

The silver poodle earrings were purchased for me by Brian at the local restaurant's gift shop. 🥰🐩

I had wanted to visit The Country Sampler for years. I am so very glad we finally went. It is an amazingly wonderful store. It is so beautiful inside. So wonderfully decorated. The women are truly helpful and just so kind.

Once I finish Spring Green, I will get back to La Pirouette. I also have October's stocking stitched up and waiting to be finished. 

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.  Hebrews 13:2

I hope you have a lovely weekend my friends! It is going to be a very hot one here! Will you have nice weather?? I hope so.🥰 Take care. Till next time!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie




13 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your outing to Lynn's and The Country Sampler looked like it was a wonderful adventure. Love the picture from your 2nd retreat day in Leanne's memory. It is supposed to be fairly nice today and Saturday with the heat beginning to return either Sunday or Monday. Enjoy your weekend, Vickie!

diamondc said...

Hello Vickie: It looks like a wonderful group of ladies, retreats are so much fun one day or a few days it a blast.
Love all your new stash, the earrings are lovely, nice bag the calendar is wonderful find. I have been to Lynn's but not Spring Green Country Sampler, I need to do a road trip.
Nice start on BBD, La Pirouette is a sweet design.
Your babies are so adorable.

Catherine

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Looks like you had an awesome time. Love all your new stash! Your needlework is lovely (as always) sweet friend. Sending prayers for your back. Blessing to you always. :)

Stasi said...

So happy you have found a group of "in person" stitchy friends. Your trip looks like it was a success.
I'm enjoying a couple days of low humidity and temps, but Sunday we are back in the 90's for at least a week! Ugh!!!

Carol said...

How lucky you are to have a group of stitching friends nearby, Vickie--and such wonderful stores! We have nothing here--very disappointing for a city this size. It's very difficult to have to buy everything online.

Such a cute new project and an almost finished piece. Hope you have a relaxing weekend ♥

MartinaM said...

What a nice community, you can see that you are having fun. I can't use Auto Stitching, knitting is more appropriate.
I am glad that your trip finally worked out and you have wonderful purchases, very nice.
Enjoy your weekend,
hugs
Martina

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
It sounds you had a wonderful day to shop some stitching goodies.
I don't stitch in the car. Knitting is okay.
Have a nice weekend, Manuela

Marilyn said...

Glad you got to some cool shops.
Lynn's is my go-to shop, & love Country Sampler when we want to take a ride.
Great finds!
The puppies are too cute!
Stay cool this weekend!
Marilyn

marly said...

How great to visit that shop! It looks like such a fantastic place. The Flossie card is a hoot.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Country Sampler is definitely on my list of shops I would LOVE to visit! I'm glad you were able to go and felt well enough to go!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great group of friends! I always forget how tall you are too!
The shop you visited looks amazing, it’s so nice to have real shops to visit.

Astrids dragon said...

Your group looks like a fun bunch! What a lovely way to honour your friend together, and a sweet stitch you chose.
Spring Green already looks pretty.
Your Flossie card is certainly original!
What a nice outing you had with Brian and you got some sweet finds.

Maureen said...

Excuse me for being so far off topic but I just finished reading God's Smuggler by Brother Andrew. I enjoyed it so much and thank you for listing it.