Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, August 18, 2023

Cuckoo Bird Sampler

 Hi friends! Are you ready for the weekend? It will be a hot one here. We will be going to Mom's to celebrate Brian's birthday on Sunday which is also my brother Michael's birthday. The next day is my brother Jonathan's birthday. We always get together to celebrate the three guys' birthdays.

Here is the gift I made Brian this year.

💙Cuckoo Bird Sampler by Heart In Hand I completed the finishing on this in time to give it to Brian on his birthday, this Sunday. I stitched this one over one with CC Milady's Teal on 32ct Belfast Vintage Stormy Clouds linen. I used VMSS 1795 Sky Blue for the B and the V. 🥰 

I backed it with beautiful blue batik fabric and used pale violet velvet ribbon around the edge. 

I made some pins with beads that I had on hand. Everything I used was from my stash. 😊 I find making gifts for men a bit more challenging. Do you?

I am now stitching the October BBD mini stocking. I am moving through the rest of the months so I can complete the twelve month set of mini stockings.

“If anyone wants to follow me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross."  Luke 9:23

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Take care. Here we have an ongoing Air Quality Alert due to the Canadian wildfire smoke. Do you also have this problem? I hope you do not.

Stitching and praying,

Vickie




9 comments:

butterfly said...

Hi Vickie , love your new stitch , and a very Happy Birthday to the three birthday guys .
Have a wonderful time hugs June.

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Hi Vickie

Love your WIPS - Finishes...they are so cute and so adorable.

Happy Birthday to your three brothers.

Take Care & Happy Stitching
Linda K, Buttercup

Robin in Virginia said...

Your birthday stitch and finish for Brian is simply a beauty, Vickie. I struggle finding something appropriate to stitch for Bruce. I usually end up stitching something woodland (i.e., bear, deer or fish) or something with mountains. Enjoy the birthday celebrations on Sunday!

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
Happy Birthday to Brain and to your two brothers.
Your birthday gift for Brain looks great. A beautiful finish.
Have a nice Sunday with your family.
Hugs, Manuela

MartinaM said...

A wonderful gift for Brian, and how nice that you were able to celebrate three birthdays.
enjoy your week
Martina

Carol said...

You did a wonderful job on Brian's gift, Vickie-- I do love that shade of blue! I hope you had a great weekend with all the birthday boys. It's fun to have a joint celebration. We have that in July with my husband, youngest son, and grandson :) Much easier on the hostess, too, to just do one birthday party! Enjoy your day ♥

Cathy said...

This is such a sweet finish!

Astrids dragon said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration with your trio!
Your gift to Brian looks great, I'm sure he loved it.
My guys are happy with anything Star Wars, and DH is pretty easy with beer or football!
I hope the air is getting better, we've been good here lately.

Solstitches said...

Lots of birthday celebrations Vickie. I hope you had a wonderful time with your family.
Such a pretty finish. My hat is off to you for stitching it over one. I’m sure Brian loved your gift to him.