Calendar Poodle SAL

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Wisconsin State Fair

Hi friends! Are you still enjoying summer weather? It continues to be hot here. We still have poor air quality due to the Canadian forest fires.

🌞August Cubby Shelf Display🌞 Almost every one of these are stitched over one.

🐩💗🐩💗🐩💗🐩💗🐩💗🐩

💐August Corner Shelf💐

We went to the Wisconsin State Fair on Friday. I got to see my three stitched pieces I entered in the Fair and each of them won ribbons. 😁
Anniversaries of the Heart by Blackbird Designs which is all on one piece of 25ct cream Dublin linen, stitched over one. 

It required some modifications along the way. I began this in 2017 and finished it in May of this year. It is stitched with mostly DMC. I have made MANY color changes to make mine look more like the pattern covers AND to add more PINK! Surprised?! HA! #stitchpink Each of our three children are represented here, so is my Father, my Mother, my Stepdad, both sets of Grandparents, Brian, my three brothers, my MIL, FIL, and BIL, our wedding anniversary, the Jesus prayer and the final sampler is "my sampler".
I won second place in the counted cross picture, stitched area 151 sq. in. or larger. I am SO HAPPY!! Can't wait to hang this!
💗Eliza’s French Birds 1849💗by Judy Whitman. 

I stitched mine with all the called for flosses on 36ct Iced Cappuccino linen. I bought the frame at Home Goods and our son Emerson sized it for me. I won 3rd place in the counted cross picture, stitched area 50 sq. in. or less category. 
🐇Sweet Pea by La D Da Designs 🐇 

I changed her. I removed the alphabet and worked in another large flower and some leaves and small flowers.🌸 I stitched her two over two on 32ct Colour & Cotton Warm Sienna with two of the called for DMC, GA Pink Azalea and VMSS 1840 Calico Pink. 💗 I won 3rd place in the Stuffed animal, Fair-inspired category.

Next time I will share my mini stocking finishes with you. I am currently stitching up another one.

Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thank you for stopping by today my friends! I know I have been sporadic in posting lately. I appreciate you leaving a comment today and sharing in my joy.😁

Have a wonderful week ahead!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie


Haircut by Mama




14 comments:

Stasi said...

Congrats on all the ribbons.Your Anniversaries of the Heart is spectacular! Those big smiles tell how proud you are...well deserved!

butterfly said...

Well done Vickie , Its so much fun to enter the shows .
And congrats for winning the ribbons .
You have so much beautiful stitching .
Enjoy your week hugs June.

Marilyn said...

Congrats on all of your Ribbons Vickie!
They are all so very pretty.
Love your cubby & displays, especially the Poodle display. :)
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your ribbons at the State Fair, Vickie! Your Anniversaries of the Heart piece is stunning. Your Cubby and Corner Shelf for August looks fabulous. Enjoy your week!

Mylene said...

Your Cubby for August looks wonderful!
Congratulations on all of your Ribbons. All are simply beautiful, Great job!

diamondc said...

Hello Sweet Flossie: Mikey says hello to you.
Hi Vickie: Congratulations on all your ribbons, you have won big.
The bunny is one on my bucket list, I love all your designs.
Your corner shelf is beautiful for August.
Your cubby shelf is almost full, will you start another one? just curious.
Have a wonderful week, it is warm here in Minnesota.

Hugs
Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Fair wins! Anniversaries of the Heart is a gorgeous piece, I can see why that did well. I enjoyed seeing your regular posts about the changes and personalisations when you were stitching it.
The cubby and display stand look good again this month.

marly said...

Three for three!! Congrats Vickie. Well deserved.

Carol said...

Your Fair pieces all did so well, Vickie! Congratulations! That Anniversaries of the Heart is SUCH a special piece with so much meaning behind each square. Love your big, proud smile, too :)

Our air quality has been better--not great, but SO much better. Today it is actually very good at only 32 :) Hope you are enjoying your August--hard to believe summer is winding down already. ♥

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
congratulation to the three ribbon you have won.
Your Anniversary looks great. I love it very much.
Our weather is cold and rainy, but at the weekend it will be warmer.
Have a nice day, Manuela

MartinaM said...

I really like your August decorations. Congratulations on your ribbons, I'm glad that your pictures were so successful. I find your large picture with all your family particularly impressive.
Have a nice weekend,
martina

Linda said...

Congratulations! You must be over the moon. I adore your bunny!!!

Astrids dragon said...

Of course you won ribbons at the fair, you submitted beautiful pieces! I love how the Anniversary of the Heart includes all of your family. You look so happy, as you should be!
Your cubby and shelf look lovely, look at all that pink! 💗

Ele said...

Congratulations Vickie, your finishes are beautiful. It's not surprising they won prizes!! Love you sampler, such a wonderful idea to include all your family, a true heirloom
Have a lovely day