Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, June 2, 2022

Upcycled Denim

 Hi friends! 👖Would you believe these are old jean seams from a carpenter?? 

Yep. Our son Emerson the carpenter is hard on blue jeans. He wears them out often. I got to thinking a while back that I should upcycle them into something. I looked around the internet for some ideas and came across this. A fun little idea. Pretty easy to make cones and hot glue the seams from his jeans I cut out to the cones. I had gold wool to make stars and and I chose some trim from my stash for garland. I had to include the Wrangler patch. 💖That's my son. And my baby boy is finally leaving the nest after 25 years. Oh this mother's heart. I know many of you do not understand this. We were blessed to have all three of our children live with us longer. They all lived with us while they attended college and after. We live in a large metropolitan area where there are numerous universities. So we only have days left with Emerson under our roof. Good thing he is only moving a short distance away. 😊

💙🔨💙🔨💙🔨💙🔨💙🔨💙

Our friend June has sent me this precious chart and little charms and sweet ribbon for my upcoming birthday. Thank you so much dear June!💗

I am stitching up Stacy Nash's Strawberry Scissor Fob right now. I will have it finished by my birthday. That is my treat to myself. I love this pattern. It is so very pretty.

Well I am off to write out some of our family favorite recipes for Emerson at his request. I asked if he wanted to take a picture of my recipes and have them on his phone. No. He would like them on recipe cards like I have. 🥺 Gosh I am going to miss him bad!

I hope you have a weekend of wonderful weather and also find time for stitching. Thank you for taking time to comment. I truly appreciate your friendship.

in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Stitching and praying,

Vickie




9 comments:

Carol said...

Your denim trees are so creative and I love that you are upcycling old jeans, Vickie! Are you going to give one of them to Emerson? I know things will feel very different at first after he moves out, but you will adjust--I promise! It will be great to have him nearby. And perhaps you can turn his room into a craft room--maybe??? Such a nice gift from June--you two share such a nice birthday month :) Enjoy your weekend ♥

Marilyn said...

Those trees are too cute, great way to use denim.
Congrats to Emerson on his next journey.
Marilyn

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Dose your cat always look this pissed. Nice trees. Nice gift from June. hugs Lynda Ruth

MartinaM said...

Wow, what a great idea to salvage jeans, you did a great job.
Oh yes I can understand you well, you want to have your children around you, I think it will be difficult for me to let them go one day. But it's good if your son isn't too far away.
Have a nice weekend, Martina

butterfly said...

Hello my lovely , what a fab idea love them .
Happy to hear you like your wee gifts .
Have a lovely Birthday my friend , hugs June.

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
the tree are wonderful and a nice decoration for christmas.
I can understand you. My youngest child will leaf the house in fall. She will go to the university. My other two children are leaf the house years ago.
This weekend all my children at home and we enjoy the time.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs, Manuela

marly said...

They are so cool! I save denim from jeans for projects but never the seams. Great idea! If I'm not online at the time, have a happy birthday Miss Vickie.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

You are so talented and clever! They are really awesome. I think it is super sweet that he wants to take your recipes with him. Sending prayers your way, for I understand that it's normal for him to move out, but I also understand how your Mom heart wishes he'd stay forever. Wishing you many blessings sweet friend. ((hugs))

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those demin trees are jean-ius!
What a clever idea.
I'm sure you will miss him, maybe leave a few gaps in the recipe cards so he has to come back to complete them! I'm sure he will be visiting all the time anyway. There's no place like home.