Calendar Poodle SAL

Thursday, June 23, 2022

Home Sweet USA

 Hi friends! This is the pattern I have been stitching on all month. 💖🤍💙Home Sweet USA by Barbie Laux of Twisted Willow Designs💙🤍💖

🤪THAT my friends is A LOT of DMC 4240!! Almost two entire skeins. This pattern is in the current issue of JCS, August 2022. The design calls for the entire background to be DMC 414 and 535. Yes, grey. And, YES, you are supposed to actually follow the pattern to create an alternate grey pattern. UM NO! And why grey? I decided to use DMC 4240 because it was the only variegated blue in my stash. I always work from stash first. Everything I used for this was in my stash. An alphabet is provided so you can chart out your state, but you have to figure out the spacing on it. 

Despite how long this stitch took, I am glad I did it. I have always wanted to stitch the entire United States and glad I finally got it done! Now of course I am way behind this month for starting my June Cottage Garden Samplings pattern. Oh well.

💖🤍💙💖🤍💙💖🤍💙

I have a Summer pattern Giveaway.

I am sorry, but once again, due to the size of this pattern, I will have to limit this giveaway to my United States followers. To enter this giveaway you must be a sidebar follower of this blog and you must leave a comment on this post stating that you would like this Scarlet's Summer Sampler pattern. I will draw a winner on Friday, the first day of July. It is a darling pattern by Chessie & Me. I hope one of you would like it. The last pattern I offered had no takers. I put it in our local lending library.

My brother Jonathan is not doing well with COVID. On Monday morning at 4am Mom took him to the local hospital ER. He could barely talk. He was put on oxygen and given nebulizer treatments and steroids. He was kept at the hospital for three days. He is back home now. I do believe he is going to be plagued by a lifelong cough. Jon has had problems with bronchitis since he was 12. Prayers for him would be appreciated. By God's grace Mom, Auntie Kathy and my brother Michael never got COVID thus far.

But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Are you suffering terrible heat where you live also? My goodness. Thanks be to God for air conditioning. It has been near 100 degrees for several days here this week. Ugh. We have relief now this weekend with 80's and 70's.

Thank you so much for your support and friendship. I have always replied to every, single comment over these many years, unless you do not leave an email.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friends!

Stitching and praying,

Vickie





15 comments:

Bridgette said...

Love the US pattern, but not sure I could stitch all that one color. I love the Scarlet's Summer Sampler pattern and would love my name to be tossed into the hat.
I will add your brother & family to my prayers.
It has been really hot here also, we been trying to keep the small vegetable patch watered in the early mornings. The weekend was much milder and I enjoyed some outside time. Have a blessed day.

Georgia said...

Hi Vickie, I absolutely love your map of the USA and your creativity with the color change. The little red heart and so cute. My prayers are with you and your family. Have a blessed week my friend, and please don't add my name for the pattern, it is lovely but I can barely keep up with what I have. Thank you so much:)

Jan said...

Your map turned out really well and the little heart gives it a special touch. so sorry to hear about Jon and hope there won't be any lingering problems. The Chessie and Me (Scarlet's Summer Sampler) is a sweet sampler and would be a good summer stitch.
I know the problem of the heat and it's already 100 degrees here and it's about 1:30 pm. Agree about the AC!!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Your stitching is lovely! You did an awesome job sweet friend. I send prayers for your brother, as well as your Mom and Auntie, too. Blessings always ((hugs))

Jackie's Stitches said...

Home Sweet Home looks fantastic! I doubt I would stitch a pattern either. A variegated thread takes care of the need!

I'm so sorry to hear your brother is still so very sick! COVID is no joke. There are so many people who say it is "just a cold" that they fail to remember that it's not like that for everyone. I'll be praying for him Vickie.

diamondc said...

Vickie: I am so sorry to hear your brother is ill, I hope Johnathon is better soon and does not have a cough any longer.
Beautiful design, that is a lot od the same color thread but the finish of it is perfect, totally love the shirt.
Please keep us posted about your brother.
I am not able to be included in the givaway I need to get some of the designs done in my stash.

Catherine

Carol said...

Oh, I can imagine that must have taken a long, long time to stitch, Vickie! But it looks wonderful and the color you chose is perfect. I've already stitched that Chessie and Me chart, but never framed it. I did enjoy it so much--good luck to everyone who enters.

I'm glad Jon is home. Hope his cough improves--it sounds like he's really suffering. Will definitely keep him in my prayers. This Covid mess is affecting so many families :(

MartinaM said...

Wow, I really like your new project, you chose a nice yarn color, it all goes together perfectly.
I like to pray for your brother, when you have bronchitis, such a virus is very bad. I hope he gets well again soon.
In the meantime it has cooled down for us, fortunately, it was unbearable, you can hardly do anything.
Enjoy the rest of June,
Martina

butterfly said...

What a great stitch Vickie , but allot of stitching in the same colour .
So sorry to hear about your brother , but so happy he is back now.
He will be in my prayers .

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
a great stitching finish. I like your colour choice.
Hope your brohter will better soon.
Have a nice weekend. Manuela

Marilyn said...

That is a nice finish, love that floss color.
I would love the Summer Sampler design.
Prayers for your brother.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Vickie, your USA piece is a beauty. Continuing to pray for your brother, Jon and his return to being healthy. Also continuing to pray that your Mom, Aunt, and other brother remain healthy and Covid free. Thinking of you!

Tammy from Wisconsin said...

I love your latest project but probably love it so much since I too am from Wisconsin.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

My goodness, that's a lot of solid stitching! I like how you can personalise it too.
Sorry to hear about your brother. Most people seem to be getting a milder version now thanks to the vaccinations but I guess if you have underlying health conditions it is still going to be nasty.

Stasi said...

Vickie, your USA piece was done in perfect timing for the 4th! Sorry about your brother, hope he is improving.