Calendar Poodle SAL

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

💐August💐

Hi friends! Thank you for your very kind words on my Cally doll.🐱 That was something fun and different to make.😊

🌸 Here is August Square Dance by ME!
I am stitching the entire Square Dance series, but the August pattern by Heart in Hand is of beehives. I know so very many of you are into bees, but I am not, so I created my own pattern. I thought some flowers in August would be nice. The placement of the word August is the same, everything else, I just kinda made up and put wherever. I stitched two over two with VMSS and DMC on 32ct mystery evenweave.

And here is the rest of the August corner shelf.










📚I am a HUGE fan of Jennifer Chiaverini. I met her at our Public Library four years ago when she came on a book tour. I have read every single one of her books. I thoroughly enjoyed this audio book. I love historical fiction. I love learning. This story about Abraham Lincoln's widow, Mary, helps you understand her "insanity" and attempted suicide. The story follows the sister relationships through their lives.
I am now stitching up another August monthly pattern. I have a wedding sampler pattern to stitch for Jacob and Kristen. It is mainly floral and their wedding color is burgundy. I found a gorgeous cotton floss by Cotton Garden Threads. The color is Burgundy. The problem is that it is made in AUSTRALIA! They tell me it will arrive by August 26th at the latest. Not holding my breath on that.😕 That is okay. The wedding is October 17th. And as weird as I am with HAVING TO GET MY MONTHLIES DONE OR I FREAK OUT, I can set them aside for this! I did set them aside in the Spring to make hundreds of masks. I will have to make up for two months worth of monthlies at some point because of that!

 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12

I hope you are having a good day my friends! If you need a prayer, let me know. I am very willing and able to pray for you. I am thankful for you! God bless you my friend.💗

Stitching and praying,
Vickie



18 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I like your August stitching. Can't believe it's August already. Where dose the time go. I hope your floss gets here on time for your stitching to get done for the wedding. Have a great day.. did you see the deer on my latest blog. I haven't seen any deer in a couple of years now. Last year none at all. hugs

Vicki said...

The August shelf looks great!

Annie said...

I love all those little projects on your shelf, especially the 'Life's a stitch':D A prayer for my little furbaby wouldn't hurt <3. It's a worry to have him go surgery when he's so old...
Take care and Keep safe <3

Ele said...

Lovely August corner Vickie! well done on re-charting the design to meet your taste. It's really pretty.
Have a very good week

RJ said...

Love all of your August stitching Vickie. You have such a great display on your shelf. It's great to come visit you again. Have a lovely week. RJ

Stasi said...

Your monthly shelf displays are always so cute!!!

MartinaM said...

The August pattern looks perfect, the change was great, and your corner shelf is a dream.
I keep my fingers crossed that the delivery works and everything comes in time.
Take good care, Martina

Marilyn said...

Your August projects are so cute on that shelf.
That sounds like an interesting book.
Marilyn

Manuela said...

A wonderful August stitching and your corner shelf looks wonderful.
I hope the thread arrive just in time and you can stitch the sampler.
Have a nice day, Manuela

Mary said...

Vickie, You are so creative, the stitch size works perfectly in the frame and it's so pretty. Your monthly shelves for August are just filled with pretties! I hope the floss comes timely.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your August shelf is beautiful!

I just LOVE the poodle jumping rope!!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your corner shelf filled with all your August stitches! Each one is lovely. I will pray that your thread arrives so you can start the wedding sampler. But hope you have a back up plan in case it doesn't. Love that graphic of the poodle jumping rope!

gracie said...

Hello my friend
Sorry I have not commented recently....here now. Love your August square and of course the display looks wonderful. Oh, the Cally cat is terrific!

Cathy said...

I always love seeing what's on display on the shelves. I hope you get the wedding sampler soon!

Barb said...

Your August shelf looks so pretty. We all have yo have priorities in our stitching and I can't think of a better reason than to make a beautiful piece for your son and his bride.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Your August shelf looks great. I have a piece a furniture that I could try to do something similar with. Don't hold your breath though, it can take me a long time to progress from idea to realisation :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the way you have adapted the August Square, it looks perfect for you. The shelves look great too. I admire the way you remember to change the monthly displays!

Astrids dragon said...

Your August looks beautiful, of course the pink flowers are a win! It goes perfectly with your lovely corner shelf.
How exciting that you met the author of the books you enjoy. Can you imagine if you were able to meet every author you've read?!
The wedding sampler sounds like a good reason to delay your monthlies, priorities you know!