Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, August 14, 2020

💖🤍💙

Hi friends! 💖🤍💙 I made a mini flag pillow. 🥰 I had the fabric in my stash and just decided on a whim to have some fun! I stuffed it with wood shavings. Our son is a carpenter.





📚I listened to this audio book, and I highly recommend it! Just fantastic! Lisa Wingate based this novel on actual "Lost Friends" advertisements that appeared in Southern newspapers after the Civil War, as newly freed slaves desperately searched for loved ones who had been sold away.
I hope you are staying safe in your part of the world my friends. Thank you for stopping by today!

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” —1 John 1:9

Stitching and praying,
Vickie



13 comments:

Vicki said...

Super cute!

marly said...

I love sawdust fill. Thanks for the book review, added it to my list.

MartinaM said...

The little pillow has become cute, you can make good fillings with wood shavings, they stand wonderfully.
Thanks for the audio book tip.
Martina

Manuela said...

Great job on the heart pillow.
Have a nice weekend.

Marilyn said...

It;s too cute!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your flag heart pillow, Vickie! Well done with your playing around! I hope you have a relaxing weekend!

laceystitcher said...

Your pillow is adorable. Hugs and happy stitching and reading.........

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a sweet little heart pillow. I love all the buttons too,

Ele said...

such a cute pillow! I will look for the book you mention, sounds interesting, thanks for the tip

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A pretty pillow.

Mary's Thread said...

So cute! Vickie, on Instagram you asked about a cleaner way to load sawdust into your pincushion. I also had trouble doing this and ultimately just moved the project outside!But I did find a few hints I will use next time. I think next time I use sawdust, I will leave a bigger opening than I do for other stuffing, like maybe as big as 2 inches. I thought maybe I could wrap my project in saran wrap or put a bag over it like a raincoat! With a slit that lines up with the stuffing opening. And in any case, I found that a gentle vacuuming was able to get almost all the sawdust dust off the project. However I was not convinced it was totally removed and didn't make the floss look a little less perfect. I will use sawdust again, but boy it sure IS messy!

Astrids dragon said...

Another sweet finish and a joint effort too! How nice to have sawdust handy.
Maybe once Nathan goes back to school, I'll have to listen to at least some of the books you've suggested.

Mary said...

Love your little heart pillow. You did a great sewing job on the heart shape. Mine come out awful, very hard to get them smooth. I added this book to my growing list. I wish I could stitch and listen at the same time.