Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, July 31, 2020

🐱

Hi friends! Ta da! This is my precious, little Cally doll I created from the library book I borrowed called, 'The Cat Lover's Craft Book'.
I used three different linen colors to try to match our Dilute Calico Himalyan, Cally.🐱
The pattern calls for button eyes, but I decided to embroidered them.😻 I am so glad I did!

 Also, Cally has such a thick, lush tail, I had to make a bigger tail for her than what the pattern piece called for. The added bonus is that now my doll stands! That was a happy surprise!😺
I have finished Madeleine's birthday present and given it to her. She was so overwhelmed and surprised she almost cried. That was worth it!! We went to Hobby Lobby and Michael's to find a frame to her liking. No such luck. She is looking for one she likes online. Hope she finds one soon!


And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. Romans 16:20

I hope you have a great weekend my friends!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie



16 comments:

MartinaM said...

Now take a look at your cat - she looks so much like Cally, you did that perfectly. The facial expression too - I am impressed by your talent. Beautiful.
How nice that it worked with Madeleine's gift.
Have a nice weekende, Hugs Martina

butterfly said...

Such a beautiful cat , yes it looks so much like Cally.
Have a wonderful weekend hugs.

Manuela said...

Hello Vickie,
your cat looks great. She looks like Cally.
Enjoy the weekend. Manuela

Ele said...

Such a pretty cat, Vickie. And the photo of the real Cally looking at her new friend is so cute, she does look puzzled though!
Have a wonderful weekend

Marilyn said...

A very cute cat, great job.
Cute pics of Cally checking her out!
Have a great weekend!
Marilyn

Mary said...

Vickie, Your sweet stuffed cat really looks like Cally!! I think the embroidered eyes really make the difference. Well done and I can't wait to see Madeline's gift, hope she finds a frame soon!

Robin in Virginia said...

Miss Cally Cat is adorable. Yay for getting Madeleine's gift finished. I hope she finds a suitable frame online because I want to see it. Have a fabulous weekend, my friend.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Dose Miss Cally get to snuggle with her new friend. Yes, can't wait to see Madeleine's gift. Have a great weekend. hugs

Vicki said...

First off, GREAT Bible verse!

Your Callie doll is so cute, and I love the photos of Callie checking her out.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

The Callie doll is great. The embroidered eyes are much more expressive than buttons could be.

marly said...

Adorable! Right choice for the eyes. I love the photos with her in the background, so cute!! And a perfect tail stand.

Barb said...

That little cat doll is so cute and yes, looks a bit like the real kitty! Glad to hear your DD loved her gift!

Clare-Aimetu said...

That is so cute, a great Cally cat

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the photo of Cally looking at her doll! This is a wonderful idea.

Honeybee said...

LOL! That last photo of your kitty is hilarious and adorable!

Astrids dragon said...

OMGoodness, your mini Cally is so adorable! I love the photos of her with her mini, especially the first one when she's looking at her from behind.
What, no sharing of Madeleine's gift?!