Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, June 18, 2018

Winner

Hi friends! How are you? It has been VERY hot here. I hid out inside mostly this weekend. Stitching, reading and doing my shoulder exercises.🙄 I am getting there! Madeleine was helping me with some of those exercises last week instead of Brian while he recovers from his hernia surgery. Those exercises Bridget had trained  Brian to do. It is a family affair to get Mom better! Ha!

So I finished the July wreath for my cubby shelf. I will be making it up into a flatfold soon.
I stitched this one over one with the called for DMC on 25ct white Zweigart Dublin linen. I like this wreath very, very much! You can find the pattern RIGHT HERE It works out great that the colors of the French flag are the same as the American flag.😊Read more from the designer HERE

I have the July poodle done. Or should I say Madeleine does! Madeleine drew a Cowboy Murphy over a year ago. Just a small cartoon that hangs on our refrigerator. It even made the move with us and hangs on this new fridge here. It is just a cute drawing she did. I love it. I always had in the back of my mind that I wanted a cross stitch of that. Well guess what?! Now that I am having a YEAR OF CROSS STITCH POODLES.... July is Cowboy Murph. I asked her to do it, since she is the original artist of him and it needed to once again fit into that tiny square space I am working with! She graphed it out. I have yet to stitch it and get it charted onto Stitch Fiddle. That will be this week.

Guess what I decided to get back to stitching now? Pumpkin Farm by BBD. Good grief. I actually had to get some dust off of it. I kid you NOT! I PLAN to finish that block by month's end. Maybe we will not hold our breath. 😳

The winner of To Thee My Heart by Erica Michaeals is our friend Mary ! 
The Secret by Kathryn Hughes is the second novel written by her. If you recall, I told you her first novel, I could barely read. It had the domestic abuse in it. I am happy to say this did not have that. This was a very good story.

Mary has been nursing a secret.
Forty years ago, she made a choice that would change her world for ever, and alter the path of someone she holds dear.
Beth is searching for answers. She has never known the truth about her parentage, but finding out could be the lifeline her sick child so desperately needs. When Beth finds a faded newspaper cutting amongst her mother's things, she realises the key to her son's future lies in her own past. She must go back to where it all began to unlock...The Secret.
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  Romans 5:8

Thank you for stopping by today my friends. I am so glad you did! I hope you have a great week!

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

27 comments:

butterfly said...

Love your wreath so pretty and yes the colours are lovely .
Congrats to Mary .

I stayed in the weekend too ,but not because it was hot , it was cold and wet.

Have a happy week.

Linda said...

Congrats on the pretty finish Vickie.

Linda

Lillie said...

That is a lovely finish.
It's been hot here at my end too.

gracie said...

The wreaths you have been stitching each month are sweet. Good wishes yo Brian and keep up you exercises.

Stasi said...

Hot here too and getting hotter!!!Keep cool and working on those exercises!

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the colors in your July wreath; well done! Look forward to seeing Cowboy Murph in July. Stay cool and keep hydrated, Vickie.

MartinaM said...

Thanks, I'm fine, it's just a bit cold here and I would like to be a bit warmer. I am not a human for the cold places.
The July wreath looks great, beautiful poppy flowers.
Big hugs to you my friend,
soon i will show a picture of our rabbits.

Vicki said...

Another great verse to share with us!
Your wreath is so pretty.
Glad to hear that your recovery has not been hampered while Brian is recovering too.
Enjoy your week!!

Manuela said...

Another beautiful wreath. Lovely flowers.
Can't wait to see the cowboy poodle.
Have a nice new week.
Hugs, Manuela

Tiffstitch said...

Great finish on the wreath, and thank you for the link. Can't wait to see Cowboy Murph!

Penny said...

I was very sorry to read that your headaches have come back. I'm hoping they can find the right balance of medicines to help. Your July wreath is just beautiful, Vickie! And I'm really looking forward to seeing Murphy as a cowboy. : )

Jenny said...

Hi Vickie....

What a lovely wreath for July. These are just so pretty! A cowboy Murph! This will be fun to see! Madeleine is such a talented young lady! I had to smile when you mentioned that the cartoon that Madeleine drew made the move with you and now hangs on the new fridge....hmmm some day I will have to tell you the story of Emily’s cow head! We always laugh about that one! I even had her friend laughing about it on our way home one evening...lol!

You are not the only one who has to dust off AotH. When Pat wasn’t feeling well I wanted to start that sampler because she had gotten me the patterns and was so excited to see this sampler. I have the linen all ready to go and the floss picked out for the first one and....there it sits! Oh well sometimes life is just that way...

The book sounds good. Thank you for the verse that you shared. I keep forgetting to tell you how much I love those!

Congratulations Mary!

Sending hugs and love your way!

Barb said...

The July wreath is lovely. It is great that your DD can help you with your exercises. Plus helping with the design. She sounds like a wonderful daughter!

Julie said...

Another pretty wreath.
I enjoyed The Secret very much, a good story with twists that you didn't see coming.
xx

Margaret said...

Love your July wreath and am looking forward to Cowboy Murphy! It's good Madeleine can help you with your shoulder exercises while Brian is recovering.

rosey175 said...

It's hot here too. I hate that we've skipped spring. The July wreath is very fitting! Cowboy Murph sounds great; maybe cross stitch designs will become a family affair too! :D

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely stitching Vickie, congratulations to Mary

Brigitte said...

I absolutely love all the little wreaths that you have been stitching over the last months. This one is so sweet, it has all the flowers that we see in our garden, too. A wonderful series.

diamondc said...

Greetings Vickie: I am happy to hear you are carrying on your therapy.
Your Wreath is lovely, soon you will have that little shadow box full and will need to start another.
It has been warm her except yesterday and today, I love it hot, I am always cold.

Blessings
Catherine

Lili said...

Lovely wreath, Vickie!

Mary said...

Looking forward to seeing cowboy Murph!! Your little wreath is so pretty, thanks for the link. I see you changed your wallpaper, it's been a long time since I visited and have lots to catch up on. I'm so glad to hear you are progresses with your shoulder. Stay cool my friend!

Carol said...

Oh, you all were really boiling here in the mid-west and east, Vickie! I missed it as I was, thankfully, in cool San Diego for most of that time :)

Love your little wreath--such pretty colors for summer. Hope your shoulder keeps loosening up--nice to have your family helping and I hope Brian is recovering quickly from his surgery!

Kaisievic said...

Congrats to Mary and your July wreath is so very pretty, Vickie.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The July wreath is lovely and reminds me of flowers in a cornfield.

RJ said...

Vickie, your wreath is so lovely. The colors are perfect. Can't wait to see your newest pup..I know it will be fun. Hope you are having a great week. RJ

moreofhim said...

I'm so sorry I haven't been by to know about Brian's surgery! How is he doing? If his surgery is like mine, he's going to feel much better having that fixed! Will keep him in my prayers for total recovery and healing. Of course, you are still in my prayers for the same.

Love your little wreath! I am definitely going to stitch the poodles you have designed and finally figured out what I want to stitch them on. I'm hoping for the energy to do my stitching again soon. I'm still really tired.

Blessings - Julie

Mary H said...

Thank you so much, Vickie! It arrived while we were on vacation! It is such a sweet little piece, I will enjoy it very much! I have stitched on silk gauze one other time and looked forward to doing more.

Your July wreath is very pretty!