Calendar Poodle SAL

Friday, June 22, 2018

Pumpkin Farm

Hi friends! I have finished Pumpkin Farm for Jacob.
I showed you the pattern cover here on the right so you can see the changes I had to make. Not only color changes, but design and placement changes. Things have to change when you are stitching this whole AotH series one over one!! As long as I get the name and birth year to fit in each block, I am happy.😊
I made many, many substitutions of the called for DMC.  The suggested DMC does not look at all like the pattern picture.
This is all stitched one over one on 25ct cream Dublin linen.

The next block to stitch in this series is Evergreen Lane. I spent almost two hours yesterday trying to find the right flosses!!🤪 I am still not happy with the house colors.

I am now stitching a small sampler for myself that I have wanted to stitch for months. I plan to hang it in my kitchen.

Here is one more of my poodle planters filled with pansies. I thought it just had pink ones. The yellow was a surprise. The picture is dark. Sorry, cloudy day.
I have been eagerly awaiting The 49th Mystic by Ted Dekker, one of my favorite authors. Are any of you Ted Dekker fans? I do not recall any of you mentioning that you enjoy Ted Dekker books. Anyways, I received the audio book from our library and immediately listened to this. While I did enjoy this, I must say I did not find it super awesome. For all the hype it received, I thought it was going to blow me away. I was surprised it did not. First time I was slightly, and I do mean slightly disappointed in a Ted book.
Some say the great mystery of how one can live in two worlds at once died with Thomas Hunter many years ago. Still others that the gateway to that greater reality was and is only the stuff of dreams.

They are wrong. In the small town of Eden, Utah, a blind girl named Rachelle Matthews is about to find out just how wrong.

When a procedure meant to restore Rachelle's sight goes awry, she begins to dream of another world so real that she wonders if Earth might only be a dream experienced when she falls asleep in that reality. Who is a simple blind girl to have such strange and fantastic dreams?

She's the prophesied one who must find and recover five ancient seals--in both worlds--before powerful enemies destroy her. If Rachelle succeeds in her quest, peace will reign. If she fails, both worlds will forever be locked in darkness.

So begins a two-volume saga of high stakes and a mind-bending quest to find an ancient path that will save humanity. The clock is ticking; the end rushes forward. 

Ready? Set?

Dream.
I am almost done with the oral steroids from the neurologist. I have been tapering down with those. He has my Topomax increased now. My headaches are now very low. I hope they go away like they were for several months. Maybe that is only to be during he wintertime for me. I am scared to try out the sun again.

I am so glad you stopped by for a visit today. Your comments brighten my day. Speaking of comments! If you need help fixing the comment mess on your blog, our friend Jo had a post the other day letting us know all about the fix to this! Just CLICK HERE FOR HELP  Thanks again Jo!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.  And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.  Hebrews 4:12-13

Stitching and praying,
Vickie


34 comments:

Julie said...

A very pretty block. Your tiny version of AoTH is going to be such an heirloom.

butterfly said...

Love your new block , lovely detail.
Love your planter too so pretty.
I don't think I have ever read one of Teds books.
Have a lovely day ,hugs.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The way you are putting those blocks together is going to look amazing Vickie - over one, oh my!!

Marilyn said...

Pumpkin Farm is so cute, as is your Poodle planter.
I LOVE Pansies, they are just so cute.
Have a great weekend!
Marilyn

Stasi said...

Your Pumpkin Farm looks great!!! I love it over one! Thanks to Jo, I too have fixed the comments issue--yea!!!

Evelyne said...

I love the pumpkin farm and the colours you choose. I do also embroider over one.

Success with the next sampler for your kitchen.

Have a nice stitching week,
Evelyne

Robin in Virginia said...

Way to go on getting Jacob's block finished! I look forward to seeing what sampler you have started for yourself, Vickie. Have a wonderful weekend. We are having rain here; we are okay, but there is flooding all around us.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Praying that the head aches will go away forever. :) Your finish looks so sweet. I love pumpkins, and this is a great block. Now I might have to hunt up a pumpkin design to stitch. :) I did what Jo said to do, so I will let you know if it works. Hope so. :) Wishing you a great day sweet friend. Blessings always.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Jacob's piece is beautiful. I have everything crossed that the headaches will go, I know what it feels like to be anxious about things knowing it may hurt or make you unwell so take your time, do things when you feel able x x

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I love what you have done for Jacob's block,Vickie.

Linda said...

Congrats on the beautiful finish Vickie. Glad to hear the headaches are better. I have had cluster headaches for 40 years. Most days are better than others.

Linda

Manuela said...

Lovely finish on the next month block. I like your colour change.
I'm glad to hear, that your headaches are better.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs, Manuela

marly said...

It is not easy to maneuver borders and design changes but you've become a pro! Great job. Thanks again for the comment fix.

Beth said...

Pumpkin Farm looks great - I admire your ability to stitch over one.

Jenny said...

Hi Vickie....

Happy Friday! I love your finish of Pumpkin Farm! I sooo admire you stitching all this over one! Wow! This is Andrew’s block too...lol! Pat was also born in October so I am thinking they will share this block...lol!

Your pansies look so beautiful...I love the little yellow one that showed up unexpectedly...grins!

I made your meatloaf this morning so my house smells wonderful! My family LOVES this recipe!

I am keeping you in my prayers my dear friend!

Sending hugs and love!

gracie said...

A question...do you wear a hat when out in the sun or bright light? How about using an umbrella to keep you shaded? I hope the headaches subside my friend. The Pumpkin piece is so pretty and soft in colors. Nice job with the substitutes.

Kaisievic said...

Oh, you did a fabuluous job of the block for Jacob and I am so in awe of you stitching it all over one! So glad that the headaches seem to be easing - is Brian still on the mend? I am off to check out Ted Dekker now - not heard of him before now.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Ted Dekker you say--small world--I go to church with his mother and father-in law--super nice people

Barb said...

Jacob's block is beautiful. I think it is worth the changes you made to make it so personal. I find it so frustrating when the colors on the chart look nothing like the real floss! Oh well, that forces a bit of creativity!

MartinaM said...

Hi Vickie,
Beautiful looks your Pumpkin Farm, the changes I like very well. Nice as everything fits. Oh and a new sampler you start - I'm looking forward to pictures.
What a sweet surprise in your pansy, suddenly a yellow in between.

Andrea said...

Pumpkin Farm looks great. Hope those headaches keep at bay.
Have a good weekend.

Mary said...

Your Jacob block came out perfect and I love the house color. It's amazing how long it can take to pick out thread colors. I'm so impressed that your stitching these over one!

I hope your headaches continue to lessen and go away completely. Maybe you can go out at dusk when the sun is down?

Mii Stitch said...

A lovely personalized new block :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Jacob's Block looks great with the changes you made. I saw a fully completed one on FB and thought it was very busy, every block is stuffed full of vines and flowers. Nice as individuals but a bit overwhelming as a whole piece.

rosey175 said...

I really like your color substitutions! I know you could never have anything "too pink" but the original looks too pink to me, at least for pumpkins. The whole piece has a nice autumnal feel now. Glad to hear you're stitching for yourself too!

Glad to hear your headaches are at least low! Do you have to take vitamin D supplements if you can't go get sunshine?

Brigitte said...

Pumpkin Farm has become gorgeous. I love how you change the design to adjust it to the person it is dedicated to.

Lili said...

Love your changes on Pumpkin Farm! A fantastic stitching, Vickie!

RJ said...

Pumpkin Farm is perfect. You made great changes. And I love your poodle planter...so sweet. Hope you are feeling much better. I think about your every day and keep you in my prayers that you will be pain free very soon. RJ

Carol said...

Another tiny and perfect block, Vickie--love the color and design changes. You have a good eye for scale! So hope you can get back to being headache free again. I honestly can't imagine having daily headaches. Will certainly hope for cooler, cloudy weather that might permit you to spend some time outdoors again... Hang in there ♥♥♥

Meari said...

Pumpkin Farm is so adorable! Hope your headaches stay away.

Meari said...

Thanks for the heads up on comment notification. It worked for my stash blog, but not my main one. :( I'm going to try again later.

Astrids dragon said...

I love your Pumpkin Farm finish! I totally understand spending so much time finding the right floss, but it's so worth it!
I'm so glad to hear your headaches are lower, and I hope there's an end in site.

moreofhim said...

I always love your color choices! It's a beautiful piece. Are you growing your pansies indoors?! Oh my goodness, if so, I would love to do this. It's way too hot for any flowers outdoors here but I really miss my pansies. Do you have them in the window or would they do well under a skylight?

I hope your headaches continue to lessen. How is your shoulder?

I wish I had read about the fix for the comments before. I finally got it fixed today after googling it, but I could have just come here! lol

Blessings - Julie

Mary H said...

What a beautiful finish! I love it!