Calendar Poodle SAL

Monday, May 29, 2017

Pink Hill Manor

Hi friends! I was stitching along on my lovely Pink Hill Manor and my eye caught something it did not before. WHAT?!? Why do the last two flowers in the border have a brighter pink in them than the rest of them?!
 It is impossible to tell from the above picture, but trust me, the 224 was NOT the 224. I even asked Brian and Madeleine to be sure. So I ripped out the offending floss and stitched in 224. Much better. I will show you an updated picture next time.

I forgot to mention on my last post that I had written down and saved three corrections to the floral border that I had come across. I wish I could recall where I came across this information. I cannot. If you want the pattern corrections, I am more than willing to share these with you, just send me an email. The corrections are all made here:
The latest book I have read is The Ebb Tide by Beverly Lewis.  Was it a good book? Yes. Have I ever read a bad book by Beverly? No. And I have read every single one of her novels.😁

When a well-to-do family asks Sallie Riehl to be their daughter's nanny for the summer at their Cape May, New Jersey, vacation home, she jumps at the chance to broaden her horizons beyond the Lancaster County Amish community where she grew up. Sallie has long dreamed of seeing more of the world, but her parents are reluctant for her to put off baptism yet another summer, and the timing is unfortunate for Perry Zook, who has renewed interest in courting her.

Though she loves nannying, Sallie has free time on the weekends to enjoy the shore. It is there that she meets Kevin Kreider, a marine biology student who talks freely about all he's learning and asks about her interests, unlike most of the guys she grew up with. Time with Kevin is invigorating, and Sallie realizes she's never felt quite this alive around Perry. Then again, Kevin is Mennonite, not Amish.

Sallie tries to brush aside her growing feelings for Kevin, but she fears what her parents would think about her new friendship. Just as concerning, however, is Sallie's realization that her time in Cape May is increasing her desire to see the world, challenging her plans for the future. Has she been too hasty with her promises, or will Sallie only find what her heart is longing for back home in Paradise Township?
I have learned Botox does NOT make me invincible to the sun.😢 I did get some gardening done this weekend. I cannot get gardening done in ANY kind of sun. I have to stick to really early morning hours, early in the evening hours, or if I want to risk it, work in the garden on a very cloudy day. Usually when it is cold and yucky and no one else wants to be out in the garden. I love gardening. Or at least I used to. When I could.

Thank you for stopping by today my friends. I appreciate your comments and most of all your friendship.

Stitching and praying,
Vickie

27 comments:

cucki said...

I love this piece so much..it's so pretty
Big hugs prayers and love x

KimM said...

This is beautiful. I've run into the same use with DMC threads....it's frustrating....
xxx

Robin in Virginia said...

Your block is coming along, Vickie! Thinking of you!

Varla Lee said...

I love the colors you are using in this lovely pattern dear Vickie!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Lovely stitching. I love that color of pink. Bummer about the sun. :(
Blessings always sweet friend. :)

gracie said...

Pink Hill Manor is a lovely piece. A beautiful border.

Margaret said...

Beautiful! So frustrating to have stitched with the wrong color though. Good that you caught it! nice that you have the corrections as well. Hope you are feeling great!

RJ said...

Vickie your stitch is coming along beautifully. I have noticed that sometimes the same number DMC does not look the same too. Sometimes the newer floss is quite a bit different from an older skein. Glad you caught it quickly. Happy you were able to get some gardening in but wish the Botox worked in the sun too. Happy reading and stitching!!! RJ @stitchingfriendsforever2

Kay said...

How annoying about the threads, at least you caught it. x

Brigitte said...

I have run into the same problem with some DMC colours. Some have changed somewhat and you can't use a newer dye lot with an older one. It has just happened to me with a green, I think it was 522.

Linda said...

Glad you found the error early Vickie. It looks great.

Linda

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Your stitching beautiful Vickie.If I get the gardening itch I can be seen weeding and pottering in the rain.We have so much of it here I have given up on gardening on just sunny or dry days.I think your sunshine and temperatures are a lot warmer than ours generally.

CJ said...

I have had similar issues with DMC thread. So frustrating. Lovely stitching.

CJ

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

At least you spotted the shade change and were able to fix it before framing!
Shame about the gardening, especially if you enjoy being out there.

butterfly said...

What a pretty new stitch , looking so lovely .

Carolien said...

Oh well, we all have our 'backstitching', annoying but it happens.
I'm so sorry to read the botox didn't help as you wished. That's my main comment. I truly am so sorry for you, my friend.

Hugs across the ocean, Carolien

Barb said...

I am so sorry to hear about your gardening woos. I know how relaxing it can be but not if it is going to make you sick!! Very sorry to hear that!

Maggie said...

Such pretty stitching, good job you noticed the different colour
before going any further. How annoying to have to frog though.

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning,Vickie...I have never been a huge fan of pink...it's pretty, I look good in it, but the one quilt I made in pink was a chore. That being said, I think you may convert me. LOL Your house block is going to be gorgeous! So sweet and feminine.

The older I get, the harder it is for me to work in the sun. I go from warm to heat exhaustion in about an hour. To stay safe, I found myself raking outside at 8 pm on Saturday evening. Maybe we should start our own business...Moonlight Gardening. LOL Hang in there, sweetie.

Carol said...

So glad you noticed the color differences before you went any further, Vickie :)

It is probably better that you aren't out in that bright sun anyway. Too much is so bad for your skin... A good friend died of melanoma at 52 and I've always been very concerned about the sun's damaging effects ever since. I try to just go out in the evenings, too :)

Lili said...

Lovely stitching!!!
The border is so beautiful!!

Hugs,
Lili

Susan Lankford said...

Love this piece, Vickie....you are right...I can't see the difference in the picture!

Christina said...

Nice stitching. Sorry the sun is still affecting you. Better to not expose your skin to the sun anyway.

Penny said...

Colors can be frustrating! Such a lovely piece, though! :) Still praying the best for your health. Sending hugs!

Julie said...

This block is growing well Vickie.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Good job catching the mistake! I usually only see them once I've already framed the piece, urgh. Lovely stitching! :D

Maggee said...

Your project is looking so nice! I would bet you are the only stitcher doing that series over one!! Hugs!